The Admissions Coordinator ensures clients are admitted to our programs and facilities by maintaining proper admitting guidelines by conducting evaluations before official admissions. The Admissions Coordinator is responsible for documenting the potential client’s needed information and qualifying them for treatment according to the standards of Sunshine Behavioral Health Program. The Admissions Coordinator will maintain proper communication with necessary parties to orchestrate transportation arrangements and all pre-intake needs.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assessment/Screening of potential clients.
- Provide Aftercare referrals.
- Fill out phone screening forms to ensure clients meet admission criteria.
- Follow completion of assessment if client fits Admit criteria.
- Ensure payments are processed and coordinated for all clients.
- Assist and facilitate discharge support in relation to transportation coordination.
- Respond to client complaints by communicating to appropriate departments.
- Record significant events involving client’s activities to required departments.
- Respond to emergencies and initiate action as required.
- Assist Clinical Director in the coordination of services for clients.
- Upkeep of documentation via Salesforce Software.
- Communicate with insurance billing department to verify benefits.
- Adhere to all necessary laws and regulations governing the facility operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge: The incumbent will:
- Demonstrate ability to communicate and work effectively with people o various backgrounds.
- Possess basic knowledge of HIPAA.
- Possess experience and education in chemical and alcohol dependency and abuse.
- Demonstrate commitment to the philosophy of recovery and continuity of the program and consideration as well as respect of the clients.
Abilities: To excel in this position the Admissions Coordinator should be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – The Admissions Coordinator will be able to identify and resolve problems in efficient and effective ways.
- Ethics – Treat clients, staff, co-workers, visitors, contractors, and guests of Sunshine Behavioral Health with respect and dignity; work ethically and uphold the values and standards or Sunshine Behavioral Health.
- Attendance, Punctuality, Reliability – Arrive on-site, on-time, as scheduled, consistently with a professional disposition. Ensure all work responsibilities are covered in the event of an absence or scheduled vacation.
- Leadership – The Admissions Coordinator should be able to lead and direct when necessary.
- Strong Character – Staying calm under pressure is essential. Having an approachable demeanor without compromising Sunshine Behavioral Health Standards of ethics and workmanship.
- Organization – Must be highly organized and efficient in managing the necessary daily client/staff demands and tasks associated with them.
- Flexibility – Openness to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify one’s preferred way of doing things
Qualifications and Preferences:
- Experience and education in chemical and alcohol dependency and abuse.
- HS Diploma, some college preferred.
- RAD-T Certification
- Excellent communicating skills.
- Ability to work well with others.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off