It is normal to feel nervous about entering rehab for the first time. We have outlined these frequently asked questions and have in mind that you can always speak to one of our cunsultants.
Sunshine Behavioral Health accepts male and female clients at least 18 years of age.
Do you accept clients with severe physical limitations?
Our facility in Texas - Willow Springs Recovery is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and can accommodate most mobility issues.
Do you treat individuals with psychiatric disorders?
We are a dual diagnosis treatment center, so we treat individuals for drug and alcohol addiction, as well as underlying issues such as anxiety, depression, PTSD, and more.
However, we do not treat chronically aggressive individuals or those with severe psychiatric disorders that may require acute and prolonged hospitalization.
Do you accept insurance?
Yes, we do. Feel free to contact our admissions and insurance verification line at 949-276-288624 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Do you accept Medicare or Medicaid?
No, we do not.
Is detox on-site and included in the program cost?
Yes. Detox at Sunshine Behavioral Health is on-site, although in a different building from rehab residences, and is covered in the cost of our program.
At many other centers, detox services are provided through a third-party provider at a different (and usually less desirable) location. Emergency hospitalization is not covered in the cost of our program
What is the refund policy?
Refunds shall not be given to clients who discharge from Willow Springs Recovery against professional advice, or who leave the program before their scheduled discharge date.
Should it be determined, through clinical assessment, at any time during the treatment term that a client requires a level of care other than what is provided by the Sunshine Behavioral Health treatment program, the client shall be referred to an appropriate treatment provider. In such instances, Sunshine Behavioral Health shall refund, on a prorated basis, all remaining/unused monies to the client.
Can I bring my cell and/or laptop?
Yes. Because we understand that it is important for our clients not to feel cut off or isolated from the outside world, we allow you to keep in contact through our inclusive cell phone and laptop policy. The use of these devices is restricted during group and individual therapy sessions.
Do you have private rooms?
Is smoking and/or use of tobacco permitted?
The use of tobacco products is permitted in designated areas outside our properties.
Do you accommodate special dietary needs?
Before you enter Sunshine Behavioral Health, please inform our staff if you have any food allergies or intolerances.
Can I bring my pet?
Because of the potential for client allergies and general health concerns, Willow Springs Recovery does not allow pets.
Privacy & cost
I want to keep this confidential. How will Sunshine Behavioral Health protect my privacy?
Sunshine Behavioral Health has strict rules when it comes to keeping your information confidential. We comply with federal drug and alcohol confidentiality laws and regulations and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards to keep your privacy safe.
How much does drug and alcohol treatment cost?
The cost for addiction treatment can vary based on the type of treatment you will need, and how long your stay will be. We cannot determine the cost of treatment for your rehabilitation until your insurance information is verified. To make this process easier, we can verify your insurance, fast and free. You also have the option to self-pay if you do not have insurance.
How fast can I get into a substance abuse treatment facility?
Our experienced advisors can have you in a treatment facility the same day, pending approval. Our recovery advisors work hard around the clock to provide our clients with the best service for addiction, whether it’s related to alcohol or drugs (both illegal and prescription drugs). We are here to help you find the best treatment to help you overcome your substance abuse problems. Feel free to contact our substance abuse hotline at 949-276-2886. Our recovery advisors are available to take your call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to get you the right treatment you need.
How long does treatment take?
Generally speaking, the rehabilitation services and treatment programs can last anywhere from 30 to 90 days. The rehabilitation and detoxification facilities will determine the length of time treatment is needed based on your specific clinical needs to ensure your recovery is a success.
What insurance can I obtain to cover the cost of addiction treatment?
Sunshine Behavioral Health helps individuals who are looking for lives free from substance abuse and addiction. We are not an insurance carrier, nor do we have the legal license to draw applications for medical coverage. Once you obtain insurance, we will gladly give you a free insurance verification and find the best addiction treatment program for you based on your specific needs.
What to bring?
- Driver’s license, passport or other government photo ID.
- A list of all your current medications and dosages. Please bring all of your current medications that you are taking. While in treatment, medications will be prescribed as needed by our consulting physician and observed by our nursing staff and house staff.
- The names and phone numbers of health care professionals, family members and friends you would like to be involved in your treatment.
- Cash for forgotten items and other incidentals. Our staff makes frequent trips to the store and clients have shopping time on Sundays.
- Personal toiletries. Make sure you bring your toothbrush, toothpaste, face wash, and any cosmetics that you would like to use. Toiletries should be alcohol free. We also have a supply of toiletries should you forget something.
- Shoes for everyday use and shoes for exercise.
- Electronic devices. The use of cell phones, laptops, headset radios and cameras are permitted except during group and individual therapy sessions.
- Smoking and use of tobacco products are permitted only in designated areas outside the facility. Bring your own supply, but clients are permitted to purchase these products during their stay.
- We have a relaxed, casual atmosphere where you can heal your body along with your heart and mind. Make sure you pack exercise clothing, jeans, or casual wear to ensure mobility and promote relaxation.
- Pajamas and slippers. Remember that sleep is an important part of the body’s healing process. Bring comfy pajamas, slippers, and a bathrobe to help promote relaxed sleep. If you are a light-or sound-sensitive sleeper, you may also consider bringing a sleeping mask or earplugs to ensure deep and uninterrupted rest.
- While at Sunshine Behavioral Health you will have access to a pool, a pond, and possible excursions to a nearby water park.
- Journal and books. Bring a journal or notebook (we will also supply you with one) so you can chronicle your thoughts and feelings during the recovery process. You may also want to bring books or magazines that you enjoy so that you can read in your free time.
- Mementos. Sometimes, when we face the road of recovery, the little reminders of home can make a big positive difference. Consider bringing a few mementos, such as framed photographs, a special knick-knack, or other minor decorations that may help make your stay more comfortable and inspiring.
Get help fast.
If you feel more comfortable sending an email, please fill out the form below and one of our addiction experts will be in touch as soon as possible.
We know it's tough - believe us, we've been there. Many of the friendly voices on the other end of the line are in fact fully recovered addicts who were once in the same position as you.
*All communications with Sunshine Behavioral Health are HIPAA Compliant and 100% Confidential