Arkansas Rehab and Addiction Resources
Arkansas is in the center of a drug storm, and this subject has been fully explored in a 2017 HBO documentary about communities being ill-prepared to handle large shipments of methamphetamine being smuggled into the state from Mexico. This only compounded Arkansas’ drug addiction problem considering that back in 2010, it was already listed in the top 10 states with the highest number of drug addiction cases. If you have been caught in addiction and are looking for an Arkansas drug rehab, you are in the right place.
You should not feel alone in your battle with addiction. Aside from meth, Arkansas is gripped by prescription drug addiction. Part of the problem is the nonchalant attitude of some Arkansas’ physicians when it comes to giving out prescriptions. For instance, in 2015, there were 111.2 prescriptions for painkillers per 100 people. Interestingly enough, this represents a decline from the 117.5 per 100 people ratio back in 2013. Many others like you are looking for the best Arkansas drug rehab facility to start a new sober life. Recovery is possible and we can help show you the way.
Addiction Treatment in Arkansas
Every day, more than one person dies from drug overdose in Arkansas. Alcohol and drug overdose are among the top preventable diseases in Arkansas, and across the country. This can be easily addressed if the individual dealing with addiction is able to get rehab help immediately. Pharmacies in Arkansas have a ready supply of the drug Naloxone, which can save the life of an overdosing patient. It can be purchased over the counter, which speaks volumes about how serious the government is treating its drug crisis.
What to Look for From Drug Rehabs in Arkansas
If this is your first time looking for rehab centers in Arkansas, don’t worry if you feel overwhelmed, as there are so many things to consider. You should know there are no wrong choices for a rehab center. The Arkansas drug rehab counselor will recommend the best treatment option for your particular problem.
To narrow down your rehab options, answer the following questions first:
- Are you looking for drug rehab centers near you, or do you want to travel?
- Do you want to stay in a residential drug rehab treatment center in Arkansas, or opt for an outpatient program?
- Do you want a short-term drug and alcohol program or a long-term stay to treat your addiction?
- What after-care program do you expect after completing the rehab treatment program?
- Do the treatment styles offered match your personal preference?
Accredited drug rehabs in Arkansas follow the minimum standard set by the law. So Arkansas treatment programs offered by the rehab center facilities are generally the same. Accreditation ensures that the drug and alcohol rehab facility is following all the standards required by the Arkansas government to treat addiction.
Now is the time to seek help. Call us today.
Benefits of Inpatient Drug Rehabs in Arkansas
One of the most important decisions you will make is whether to enroll in an outpatient or inpatient treatment plan. While any treatment will benefit you and help you to kick the habit, inpatient treatments have a higher success rate than inpatient treatments.
Choosing the best treatment for you depends on factors such as how severe your addiction is, how long you have used drugs, what addiction you suffer from and your personality type. Some benefits of inpatient treatments in Arkansas are:
- Ability to treat withdrawal symptoms as they occur
- Avoid relapse in the early stages of recovery
- Access to trained staff 24-hours a day
- Careful monitoring of the detox phase
- Removal from a toxic environment
- Elimination of triggers found at home
- Access to personalized mental health care
- Ability to dive into deep seeded issues that lead to drug or alcohol addiction
- Access to spiritual or holistic treatment methods
- Access to education about drug addiction
Inpatient Drug Rehab in Arkansas vs Outpatient
Inpatient drug rehab is recommended for individuals who are new to recovery. It is typically the best starting point to get sober because you are removed from all access to drugs and alcohol during your earliest stages of recovery. Inpatient Arkansas drug rehab is also suggested for individuals who do not have a strong support system or have a history of relapsing. Inpatient centers put you in a 24/7 recovery mindset and provide structure, support and guidance.
Outpatient drug rehab is provided at various sites from clinics to healthcare providers’ offices to local departments of health. Outpatient rehab works well for individuals who want to get clean but have obligations to work, school, or family. There are a number of outpatient addiction treatment centers in Arkansas however inpatient is usually always the best way to start. Their are laws in place to assure you can not lose your job when going to rehab and your family obligations are always able to be put aside because a sober you is a better you for your family.
What to Expect at Your Arkansas Drug Rehab
Most Arkansas alcohol and drug rehab programs adopt a similar model for addiction treatment. Many people avoid going to treatment because they are afraid, this is usually because they don’t know what will happen. There is a standard 4 part process you can expect when going to any rehab in Arkansas or elsewhere.
- Intake – This is where you meet the staff and review your medical history as well as drug or alcohol abuse history. Typically there will be a physical so the medical staff can check your health. You will also have time to ask any pressing questions that you may have.
- Detox – During the detox process you should only be required to rest. The withdrawal symptoms can be unbearable for some so it is wise to not worry about other treatment or therapy until the drugs are out of your system.
- Treatment – This is where you truly see the benefits of going to rehab. Detox is important as many people end up relapsing when trying to detox on their own but treatment is where you learn to stay sober for a lifetime. There are coping skills to learn and many times triggers to learn about as well. People have the chance to meet other addicts who want to get sober and can help them with accepting their thoughts feelings and behaviors. Also, patients will have the chance to work one on one with therapists to discuss any deep seeded issues that may have led them to drinking or drugging. The treatment process can also be fun as many rehabs in Arkansas and elsewhere offer events and games to keep the mood light.
- Aftercare – The best Arkansas drug rehab centers offer thorough aftercare programs. The goal is to continue their treatment after leaving rehab. Your counselors will find outpatient programs and therapists in your area that take your insurance. The counselors do the leg work for you so all you have to do is call and show up when you are done with treatment.
Understanding Your Treatment Options
Arkansas drug rehab programs usually last for 30 days, 60 days, and 90 days. Some patients stay in the residential rehab facility for a year or more, especially if they are already suffering from a dual diagnosis—which is addiction plus the co-occurring mental illness. You can imagine the complexities involved considering physicians and counselors will not only help you wean yourself from addiction, but also address depression, suicidal tendency, eating disorder, or extreme anxiety, among other conditions.
Lastly, you must consider the transition period when you complete the alcohol and drug rehab facility treatment program in Arkansas. Recovering patients dealing with addiction often face the challenge of coping with their problems without their preferred drug of choice, after leaving a rehab facility.
- Dual diagnosis: Dual diagnosis rehabs work with individuals who are coping with mental health issues and addiction. Physicians, social workers, hospitals, and clinics across the state can integrate care to help you recover from both mental illness and chemical dependency. Ask if your Arkansas drug rehab offers dual diagnosis treatment.
- Christian rehab: Your faith may be very important to you, and your road to sobriety may benefit from pastoral counseling, Bible study, and support from fellow Christians. Christian drug rehab in Arkansas is available for teens, adults, and even mothers and their children.
- Holistic: Want a rehab program that considers you as an entire person and works to heal your mind, body, and spirit? You may be interested in a holistic Arkansas drug rehab. Holistic addiction treatment centers in Arkansas offer everything from nutrition counseling to outdoor therapy.
- 12 step: 12 step programs follow a structured pathway to recovery that is rooted in spirituality. The best known 12 step program–AA–brings together individuals with alcohol abuse disorder who agree to “surrender their will to a higher power” in order to end their alcohol addiction.
- Non 12 step: Want to achieve sobriety without the structured pathway that AA uses? You may be interested in a non 12 step program. Unlike Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous, a non 12 step program does not follow a stepwise plan to recovery and it lacks the strong spiritual component associated with 12 step programs.
Traveling for Rehab
Arkansas drug rehab centers can get the job done, but have you ever considered traveling for treatment? Traveling for drug or alcohol treatment can be very beneficial. Sometimes people who are frustrated during detox and early recovery are tempted to leave the facility even without permission. When you are removed from your familiar area that temptation drastically goes away.
Arkansas drug rehab is a great choice and will accept your health insurance if you are in the state but there are also centers in different states that will still accept your Arkansas health insurance. When you go away for rehab you are getting away from all of your problems and making a dedicated effort to change your life around. Some people never even return to their home state after traveling for treatment because they realize the triggers of being home is too much to keep them sober. This is not always the case as everyone’s addiction journey is unique.
Paying for Addiction Treatment
Paying for your Arkansas drug rehab stay does not have to be an expensive burden. Traveling to one of our centers does not have to be pricey either. We have insurance experts who know just what to say to your insurance company to ensure that they are paying out maximum to cover your stay. When you call us there is never any obligation to go to treatment and our insurance verification is free and 100% confidential. We want to help you on the road to recovery, but first you have to be ready to help yourself.
- drugabuse.gov – Arkansas Opioid Summary
- cdc.gov – Stats of the State of Arkansas
- emedicine.medscape.com – Alcoholism Treatment & Management
- ncbi.nlm.nih.gov – Detoxification and Substance Abuse Treatment.
- drugabuse.gov – Commonly Abused Drugs and Withdrawal Symptoms
- apa.org – The secret of the 12 steps
- vox.com – Why some people swear by Alcoholics Anonymous — and others despise it
Talk with one of our Treatment Specialists!
Call 24/7: 949-276-2886