Were you prescribed Halcion to help you sleep and now you find yourself unable to go without it? If this is the case, you should not feel depressed or discouraged, addiction is an unfortunate circumstance that could happen to anyone. Often with Halcion, people end up relying on the medicine to fall asleep at night and begin a downward spiral of prescription drug abuse and addiction. If you are feeling helpless, scared, lost, or confused then you are in the right place.
You don’t have to continue down this road anymore! You can turn your life around by deciding to seek treatment for you Halcion addiction. Overcome your abuse and get back to the way things used to be, you can start today by looking into the treatment options available to you.
Unlike Ambien, Halcion abuse is a type of addiction to benzodiazepine, the same drug class as Xanax. This means Halcion will give off a euphoric feeling and put you to sleep. In our web page on Ambien abuse, we mention that the Center for Disease Control estimates 40-60 million people having sleeping issues in America. 4 percent of these people are prescribed a sleep aid. Unfortunately, some are going to become addicted.
If you were prescribed Halcion and became addicted it is okay. These drugs are supposed to be prescribed for a short period of time to help with insomnia and put your body back on the right sleeping schedule.
When you are abusing Halcion, you are letting your body build up a dependence and a tolerance to the drug. In turn, you will want to take more pills more frequently in order to feel its effects. Once you reach this point your Halcion addiction has already developed.
For some, your Halcion abuse may be difficult to recognize, because it is a prescription you might not feel that you are doing anything wrong. If you are not sure if you are abusing your Halcion then you should ask yourself these questions.
- Do you take Halcion when you think you could sleep without it?
- Are you taking your medication every 2 hours instead of every 4?
- Do you take Halcion and try to stay awake?
- Are you taking more pills at once to feel its original effects?
- Are you abusing over the counter sleep aids when out of your Halcion?
You or your loved one will continue to display these observable traits until professional help is sought and appropriate treatment in a rehab center is received.
According to the Food & Drug Administration, Halcion is a sedative-hypnotic. Sedative-hypnotics are designed to make you fall asleep very fast. The FDA warns of the dangers of Halcion abuse on its website.
Short-Term Effects of Halcion
When taking a sedative-hypnotic like Halcion you run the risk of getting out of your bed at night and not even knowing it! The FDA warns of other activities you may do in your sleep while taking Halcion
- Driving a car
- Making and eating food
- Talking on the phone
- Having sex
- Abnormal thoughts or behaviors
- Suicidal thoughts or actions
- Memory loss
Taking too much Halcion at once can lead to numerous conditions, and can even be fatal. Unfortunately, an addict’s reasoning is not always logical when they want to get high, and may take too much Halcion for an intensified effect. For this reason, there are overdose symptoms to look for if you or your loved one is abusing Halcion:
- Extreme drowsiness
- Coordination difficulty
- Respiratory depression
If you think that you or your loved one is experiencing these symptoms, you should call 911 immediately
Halcion withdrawal can be an unpleasant experience, once your body is used to having so much Halcion in its system, it needs to get back into its normal chemical balance. Common Halcion withdrawal symptoms include:
- Increased heart rate
- Nausea and vomiting
- Muscle cramps
- Nausea and vomiting
If you choose to seek inpatient drug detox treatment you will be medically supervised during your withdrawal. Medical professionals will do everything they can to help make your withdrawal and detox experience as relaxing as possible.
While you detox, you might crave your halcion in order to feel better. With specialized treatment, you will feel safe and comfortable. And we can’t stress enough the importance of medical supervision during your detox. At the right rehab center, you will have access to non-narcotic medications that staff can administer to help ease some of your symptoms. Once your body detoxifies, the next step is to learn how you can live a more fulfilling life without halcion.
There is a wide range of treatment options available for your Halcion abuse, some you’ve probably never thought of. The treatment and therapies available for you can be a bit overwhelming, which is why we recommend talking to a professional before you decide on your treatment options.
If you are going to go away for rehab then you might be nervous, excited, afraid or even angry. You should know that you are making the right choice! There are many people who never go to rehab or get clean from their prescription drug addictions. You can be one of the people who lived through addiction and lived to tell it.
Rehab Treatment Process:
- Step 1: Intake – When you arrive at your facility you will be assessed by the medical professionals to determine your treatment through detox, as well as your rehabilitation program.
- Step 2: Detox – After your assessment or intake you will be taken to your room where you can rest and be monitored while you go through the withdrawal of your drug use. Detox can range from 1 day to a week, depending on the drug of choice and the user.
- Step 3: Rehab – After you finish detox you will be ready to begin your addiction treatment, which can range from a variety of different options. This is when you will be able to meet others, attend lectures, participate in group or individual counseling, and learn the tools you need to stay clean.
- Step 4: Aftercare – When your time at the facility is over, you will have to go back to your life. This can be a challenge for a lot of people, but part of your treatment includes aftercare. This is usually outpatient counseling in a group or individualized setting, where you are slowly introduced back to your life and responsibilities.
Coming to Terms with Your Halcion Addiction
These behaviors are signs that you are abusing your prescription. You may be shocked, to find this out, but you should not feel ashamed, as we said earlier addiction can happen to anyone, especially with a drug as powerful as Halcion. If you can’t imagine going to sleep without your Halcion medication, then you should seriously consider treatment.
Helping a friend or Family Member Address Their Halcion Addiction
Because Halcion is prescribed, it may be difficult for your loved one to realize and accept their addiction. Drug addiction, in general, is a tough topic to discuss, especially when it concerns a loved one. For this reason, we have provided some advice you can consider when addressing your loved one’s addiction.
- Make sure they are not high when having the conversation
- Tell them that you love them and care about their well-being
- Tell them that you know about their addiction
- Offer them hope
- Wait for your loved one to hit rock bottom to have this conversation
- Have this conversation alone, bring other loved ones who care about him or her
- Bluff; stand your ground on any promises or threats you make
- Don’t use confrontational or aggressive communication
The Bottom Line: You Can Beat Halcion Addiction
If you’ve reached this point it is hard to deny the fact that you’re serious about beating your Halcion addiction, and that is something to have pride in and celebrate. Your life matters and there is no reason why you should allow a drug to dictate the rest of your life when help is available.
Remember, choosing to go into a drug rehab treatment center for drug abuse will help you rid yourself of the horrible side effects you’ve had to endure, extend your life span, and most importantly place you on track towards regaining you own life. So don’t fight addiction alone. Instead allow us to help you live the life you deserve to have.
If you are thinking about getting treatment for your Halcion addiction, but are hesitant because of the cost, you shouldn’t be!
If you are serious about your recovery from Halcion addiction, then call us today. We can find out about you and your addiction and determine what treatment options are best for you. You don’t have to live this way anymore, change is possible and is waiting for you!