10 Recovery Quotes for Inspiration
Recovery from drug or alcohol addiction is no mean feat. But it is possible. It is your own personal willpower that sets the terms for the success of any treatment initiative.One of the ways to do this is to have inspiring recovery quotes to remind you of the direction of your new path. Here are 10 popular recovery quotes for you to utilize. We also put our quotes in image form so that it would be easy to share among your peers through social media:
1. “It’s gonna get harder before it gets easier. But it will get better, you just gotta make it through the hard stuff first.” -Anonymous
2. “My recovery must come first so that everything I love in life doesn’t have to come last.” -Anonymous
3. “There is no shame in beginning again, for you get a chance to build bigger and better than before.” -Leon Brown
4. “Recovery didn’t open the gates of heaven and let me in. Recovery opened the gates of hell and let me out!” –Anonymous
5. “Recovery is an acceptance that your life is in shambles and you have to change.” -Jaime Lee Curtis
6. “I am not defined by my relapses, but by my decision to remain in recovery despite them.” -Unknown
7. “I’m not telling you it is going to be easy, I’m telling you it’s going to be worth it.” -Anonymous
8. “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” -Anonymous
9. “If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging.” -Will Rogers
10. “The goal isn’t to be sober. The goal is to love yourself so much that you don’t need to drink.” -Unknown
A Message From Our CEO
Sunshine Behavioral Health strives to help people who are facing substance abuse, addiction, mental health disorders, or a combination of these conditions. It does this by providing compassionate care and evidence-based content that addresses health, treatment, and recovery.
Licensed medical professionals review material we publish on our site. The material is not a substitute for qualified medical diagnoses, treatment, or advice. It should not be used to replace the suggestions of your personal physician or other health care professionals.