Drug and Alcohol Resources in Chula Vista, CA
Chula Vista, the second-largest City in San Diego County, is home to 270,471 people in 2017, according to the United States Census Bureau. Chula Vista has more than 52 square miles of beautiful parks, canyons, coastal landscape, mountains, rolling hills, and long miles of trails that attract many tourists. The city’s features live up to the meaning of its name “beautiful view.” Aside from its natural beauty, the City of Chula Vista is also a leader in renewable energy and is among the top safest cities in the US. But the city located in the western US-Mexico border is not free from the worries brought by the opioid crisis and the nationwide problem on substance abuse.
The 2016 San Diego Community Health Needs Assessment report also showed that communities regard drugs and alcohol use, anxiety, and depression as among the most common health issues in the county. This highlights the need to have access to alcohol treatment centers Chula Vista or drug rehab centers in Chula Vista. But the same report also revealed that people face various challenges in getting proper health care, including lack of access to a psychiatrist, lack of resources and housing services for those who have serious mental disorders, and an inadequate number of substance abuse treatment facilities.
Learn About the Commonly Abused Substances in Chula Vista, CA
Rehab facilities in Chula Vista are assisting patients with addiction. Here are the most commonly abused substances in the state of California and San Diego County where Chula Vista is located:
Opioids – The California Opioid Overdose Surveillance Dashboard shows that opioids and other prescription drugs are the most commonly abused substances in the state. In 2017, California recorded 21,787,042 opioid prescriptions. Based on government data, the state of California had no statistically significant increase in the rate of drug overdose deaths recorded from 2015 to 2016, however, California still has a record of 2,196 opioid overdose deaths.
Fentanyl – The California Opioid Overdose Surveillance Dashboard also recorded 429 deaths due to fentanyl overdose. Records from the Medical Examiner’s Office as of June 30, 2018, showed that the highest number of deaths linked to fentanyl use was recorded in 2017 with 81 deaths. In 2018, the recent count of fentanyl-related deaths is 41.
Heroin – The San Diego Rx Abuse Task Force reported that there were 933 kilograms of heroin seized by authorities in San Diego County in 2017. This is a significant increase compared to the 591 kilograms of heroin seized in 2016. There were also 83 deaths due to a heroin overdose in 2017. The figure is slightly lower compared to 90 deaths recorded in 2016.
Alcohol – Aside from entering drug rehab in Chula Vista, people also need to get help from an alcohol rehab Chula Vista because San Diego County recorded 22 percent of adults engaged in binge drinking. San Diego is among the four counties with the worst rate of adults who reported excessive drinking in California.
The fact that San Diego County recorded 1,272 cases of drug overdose deaths per 100,000 population from 2014 to 2016, underscores the threat of prescription drug abuse in San Diego County. This means that the risks of addiction among the people of Chula Vista remains high. The San Diego County Prescription Drug Abuse Task Force 2016 Rx Report Card showed 90,000 pounds of medications were collected over the past five years by the Drug Enforcement Administration.
Substance Abuse Among Students in Chula Vista, CA
Based on the 2015 data of the Office of Adolescent Health under the US Department of Health and Human Services, various types of substances like alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, inhalants, and pain relievers were taken by high school students in California. When left untreated or not admitted in a Chula Vista treatment center, risky behaviors would lead to addiction and continue until they are in college, or worse, it could lead to death.
Based on a 2015 to 2016 national survey, 25.75 percent of people aged 18 years old to 25 years old in California had used illicit drugs the past month. There is also 33.98 percent of those aged 18 to 25 years old that used marijuana in the past year; 8.21 percent of young people aged 18 to 25 years old used illicit drugs other than marijuana in the past month, and 54.10 percent of young people aged 18 to 25 years old consumed alcohol in the past month.
The survey also showed 35.97 percent of young people aged 18 to 25 years old engaged in excessive drinking in the past month, while 22.21 percent of young people aged 18 to 25 years old had a mental illness. Sadly, the rate of 18 to 25 years old patients who need but are not receiving treatment for substance use is recorded at 14.40 percent. It is very important for young people to receive proper treatment from rehabilitation facilities in Chula Vista to help them recover from drug addiction and mental health disorder. Substance abuse disorder often co-occurs with a mental health condition which is called a dual diagnosis.
Types of Treatment in Chula Vista rehab centers
Californai drug rehab centers offer professional and safe treatment for those suffering from alcohol and drug abuse. Chula Vista rehab facilities provide the proper medical care and holistic treatment for a patient’s recovery. When looking for a rehab center in Chula Vista, the main concern of patients and their families should be the availability of the recommended treatment in a certain Chula Vista rehab. Among the factors of obtaining long-term recovery is for rehab centers Chula Vista to have the treatment suited for a patient’s condition.
Here are some of the programs provided in rehabs in Chula Vista:
- Detox program– The process of detox in Chula Vista is the first step in any treatment. Rehab facilities Chula Vista offer detox Chula Vista to help get rid of drugs and alcohol in the body. Medical detox Chula Vista is often recommended in detox center Chula Vista to help patients overcome the painful stage of withdrawal from a substance.
- 12 step program– Patients who need substance abuse treatment Chula Vista may admit themselves in a 12 step rehab program in a rehab in Chula Vista. The 12-step method is similar to that used by Alcoholics Anonymous Chula Vista (AA Chula Vista) and Narcotics Anonymous Chula Vista (NA Chula Vista). The sessions are often the same with Chula Vista AA meetings and NA meetings in Chula Vista, where patients are motivated by a group of people who suffer from substance use disorder like them. Patients who join AA meetings Chula Vista will feel guided and motivated to push through with the treatment. Chula Vista AA meeting schedules are also available in drug rehab Chula Vista CA.
- Non 12 step program – Rehab treatment centers in Chula Vista also offer non 12 step rehab. Non 12 step rehab in Chula Vista includes the use of complementary and alternative medicine, cognitive behavioral therapies, and holistic approaches to treatment. There are also SMART Recovery Meetings in Chula Vista to help those who want to experience a modern method of treatment in Chula Vista rehabilitation centers.
- Dual diagnosis – A dual diagnosis rehab in Chula Vista helps patients with co-occurring mental illness and substance use disorder. This treatment makes sure both disorders are treated.
- Luxury rehab – Chula Vista drug rehab also provides luxury rehab in Chula Vista for those who can afford a more executive type of treatment.
Payment Options for Substance Abuse Treatment
Substance abuse treatment at California rehab centers can be expensive. There are several options you can take advantage of to ensure you get the best treatment without the high costs. Some of the most viable options include insurance, subsidized programs, and grants:
The insurance option you choose will depend on the terms of your policy provider and your own preference. Different rehab centers will accept some of the following options for the state of California.
- Private insurance
- Employment-based plans
Different types of grants are offered by organizations like SAMSHA. A grant for the homeless includes substance abuse treatment that can be used to pay for rehabilitation facilities in CA. There are other types of grants you can apply through the organization’s web portal.
Is an option offered by some drug and alcohol treatment centers . This option allows the patient to pay according to their financial capabilities. This allows people whose finances have been depleted by their addiction to seek professional help as soon as possible.