Drug and Alcohol Resources in Elk Grove, CA
The City of Elk Grove, CA was previously recognized with an “Award for Excellence” for the quality of the city’s environment care and planning. Home to 171,844 residents as of the United States Census Bureau in 2017, Elk Grove is located south of the county’s capital, Sacramento City. The city ranked 24th among the 2018 Best Places to Live in Sacramento County and is the 6th among the Best Suburbs to Raise a Family in Sacramento Area.
However, Elk Grove, is among one of the cities in the US where substance abuse is a problem. Even rehab facilities in Elk Grove that are helping patients of alcohol and drug abuse are noting the city’s problem with addiction.
Commonly Abused Substances in Elk Grove, CA Area
Alcohol treatment centers Elk Grove and Elk Grove drug rehab centers are treating many patients with drugs and alcohol addiction. Based on 2016 Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA), Elk Grove has reported a high rate of emergency department visits due to mental health issues and substance abuse. The rate of abuse in the county is 50 percent higher than that of the state. There were 760 deaths related to drug overdose per 100,000 population recorded in Elk Grove and its surronding areas from 2014 to 2016.
Aside from opioids, marijuana and alcohol are also causing concern and people are being encouraged to seek help from Elk Grove rehab facilities. Records from 2012 to 2016 showed that there is an estimate of 17,000 people who are killed annually due to driving under the influence of alcohol. Elk Grove recorded a rate of 32 percent alcohol-impaired driving deaths, which is higher than the overall rate of deaths recorded statewide.
Getting treatment from alcohol rehab Elk Grove and drug rehab in Elk Grove will help people suffering from addiction to any of these substances. Here are some of the treatments offered in anElk Grove treatment center:
- Alcoholics Anonymous Elk Grove(AA Elk Grove)
- Narcotics Anonymous Elk Grove (NA Elk Grove)
- Non 12 step rehab in Elk Grove
- Luxury rehab in Elk Grove
- SMART Recovery Meetings in Elk Grove
- Detox center Elk Grove
- Medical detox Elk Grove
- Dual diagnosis rehab in Elk Grove
Substance Abuse Among College Students in Elk Grove, CA
A lot of young people in California are seeking treatment in Elk Grove rehab centers. Treatment centers in Elk Grove are housing some cases of drug abuse and alcohol dependence among college students, as records show an increasing trend of addiction among those aged 18 to 25 years old. Here are some statistics based on the 2015 to 2016 National Survey on Drug Use and Health that reveal these alarming rates of substance abuse among young people aged 18 to 25 years old in California:
- 1,133 had illicit drugs for the past month
- 1,016 had marijuana for the past month
- 353 misused painkillers
- 2,380 used alcohol for the past month
- 1,583 engaged in binge drinking
Among the ways that schools are helping college students in California to prevent substance abuse are providing students with a safe haven in schools where they can get support and be educated on the dangers of drugs. In California Community Colleges, there is a Student Mental Health Program statewide. Families also seek help from rehab centers in Elk Grove to get their children the necessary care.
Types of Treatment for Substance Abuse in Elk Grove rehabilitation centers
Rehabilitation facilities in Elk Grove provide various types of safe and proper treatment for people with substance use disorders. Here are some of the programs provided in drug rehab Elk Grove CA:
- Detox program– The process of detox in Elk Grove is not a complete treatment but a vital part of a comprehensive rehab in Elk Grove. Detoxification takes out harmful toxins from the body and medical detox Elk Grove is a preferred type as it is more effective in managing symptoms of withdrawal.
- 12 step program– Drug rehabs centers in Elk Grove offer 12 step rehab programs similar to Elk Grove AA meetings or NA meetings in Elk Grove which utilizes the 12 steps guide developed by Alcoholics Anonymous in the 1930s.
- Non 12 step program – For patients who want a non-12 step program, rehabs in Elk Grove provide holistic rehab or uses complementary and alternative medicine in their interventions.
- Dual diagnosis – A dual diagnosis treatment will help patients who have a co-occurring mental illness and substance addiction.
- Luxury rehab – Luxury rehab centers Elk Grove are preferred for their use of modern facilities and high-end amenities that promotes top-level treatment.
Paying for Elk Grove Drug Rehab
There are many options to pay for a rehab center Elk Grove, including:
- Personal funds
- Government grants
- Private organizations
But the most important thing is for patients to get support wherever and whenever they can, from their families, friends, employers, or government and private organizations. The cost of getting asubstance abuse treatment Elk Groveshould not hinder a person from availing treatment.