Drug and Alcohol Resources in Irvine, CA
Often featured in movies, Irvine is one of the largest planned urban communities in America. California may be known for its terrible traffic jams but Irvine is an exception. Their installed traffic system is a state-of-the-art in wider streets and with ground sensors. It monitors the flow of traffic and automatically changes the traffic lights.
Irvine, CA is nestled in a 65 square miles area in Orange County, California and is considered as the 74th largest city in the US. According to the United States Census Bureau, Irvine CA has a population of 277,453 as of 2017. Known as one of the safest cities in the US and one of the richest, Irvine can be perceived as a perfect place to settle in. Unfortunately, even with this status, it is still affected by the issue of substance abuse. There is still a growing need for Irvine rehabilitation centers to cater to the needs of its increasing individuals suffering from substance abuse disorder.
Common Abused Drugs in Irvine City, California
Rehab centers in Irvine must strive to reach out to more individuals suffering from drug addiction. Irvine and the rest of Orange County are seeing an increasing number of opioid addiction and abuse over the past years. In Orange County alone, the rate of overdose fatalities attributed to opioids has reached 7.6 per 100,000 individuals in 2014. It increased by 39 percent since 2006. The percentage increase is higher than that of the state rate which is 4.9 per 100,000 individuals. Among the commonly abused substances are alcohol, opioids like OxyContin or heroin, and other drugs such as methamphetamine, marijuana, and cocaine.
The Behavioral Health Barometer California, Volume 4 revealed that from 2014 to 2015, 2,122,000 persons aged 12 and above experienced alcohol use disorder in the past year. The change in the annual average percentage is not significantly different compared to other years from 2011 to 2013. This can be perceived as a sign that more efforts must be done to significantly decrease the rate of alcohol abuse.
An estimate of 64,000 individuals in California belonging in the age group of 12 and above used heroin in the past year. It accounts for 20 percent of the whole age group. The same annual average percentage was reported from 2013 to 2014.
College Students Substance Abuse in Irvine, CA
An article from Irvine Valley College reiterated the report from The National Institutes of Health (NIH) National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism. It reported that in 2013, there is approximately 59.4 percent of full-time college students ages 18 to 22 who admitted that they drank alcohol in the previous month. 39 percent of college students of the same age bracket reported having engaged in binge drinking, while 12.7 percent engaged in heavy drinking in the previous month. They are probably unaware of the dangers of alcohol abuse and may have never experienced attending any Irvine AA meetings. They should check the Irvine AA meeting schedule and attend one to hear the difficult testimonies of the members and their families. Or, perhaps they believe that they can handle alcohol. Whether from alcohol or drugs, Detox center Irvine branches are available to assist them in handling withdrawal syndrome. But it is easier said than done. The rehab Irvine facilities can provide detox in Irvine but if they continue to engage in alcohol drinking, the detoxification will prove futile to them.
The dangers for students who engage in substance abuse is not only in terms of the physical and physiological effects. The rippling effect of alcohol abuse will lead to difficulty in performing sufficiently in their schools. Their grades and their interactions with other students and even the teachers and the staff will also be affected. A great portion of their future will be destroyed if they remain hooked to alcohol and drugs.
Because of these reports, universities and colleges in Irvine are also increasing their efforts in informing their students of the dangers of alcohol abuse and drug addiction. They also provide links in their websites to inform their students of other available resources like rehab facilities Irvine branches, alcohol treatment centers Irvine area, AA meetings Irvine chapter, Narcotics Anonymous Irvine chapter, and the likes.
Types of Treatment for Substance Abuse in Irvine Rehab Facilities
The mere fact that addiction disrupts the very functioning of the person makes the treatment process a complicated matter. It is important to ensure that rehab facilities in Irvine are manned by well-trained professionals. Alcohol rehab Irvine area and drug rehab in Irvine play a crucial role in the successful treatment of individuals suffering from substance abuse.
A luxury rehab in Irvine offers detox Irvine-style. Medical detox Irvine is necessary especially for alcoholics anonymous Irvine members because doing the detox alone can be fatal. There are instances that withdrawal syndrome will manifest and rehabs in Irvine are capable of handling the situation. Withdrawal syndrome can sometimes be deadly with its manifestations of muscle aches, anxiety, nausea, vomiting, and tremors. The AA Irvine and NA meetings in Irvine participants are aware of this difficulty with some of them personally experiencing the withdrawal.
- Detox program– The process of detox in Irvine is very important that is why almost all rehab centers Irvine offer detox Irvine, including medical detox Irvine. When a patient undergoes medical detox in a detox center Irvine, his body is rid of harmful toxins from drugs and alcohol, preparing him for the next stages of treatment.
- 12 step program– A lot of substance abuse disorder patients get help from
drug rehab Irvine CA that offers 12 step rehab programs similar to methods used by Alcoholics Anonymous Irvine (AA Irvine) and Narcotics Anonymous Irvine (NA Irvine). Like the group sessions in Irvine AA meetings and NA meetings in Irvine, patients stay focused and are motivated to undergo treatment in a Irvine drug rehab with the help of other patients with substance use disorder. There are NA and AA meetings Irvine in the community and patients who prefer a 12-step rehab may ask for Irvine AA meeting schedule in Irvine rehab centers.
- Non-12 step program – Not all patients would prefer the 12-step program. That is why rehab centers in Irvine also offer non-12 step rehab. Non-12 step rehab in Irvine includes cognitive behavioral therapies, holistic treatments, complementary and alternative medicine, yoga, and massages. There are also SMART Recovery Meetings in Irvine to help those who want a more modern treatment program in drug rehab centers in Irvine
- Dual diagnosis – A dual diagnosis rehab in Irvine is very important for patients with co-occurring substance use disorder and mental health problems such as depression, PTSD, or schizophrenia. This treatment makes sure to treat both substance addiction and mental disorder in a Irvine rehab.
- Luxury rehab – Each patient is unique, and a regular inpatient rehab may not work for all patients. For those who can pay for an executive type of treatment, a luxury rehab in Irvine might be the best option. Luxury rehab boasts of modern facilities and a more serene environment.
- Faith Rehab: If your drug abuse has led you away from your faith, you may wish to go back to being more spiritually aware during your recovery from addiction. This is where a Faith drug rehab can be helpful.
Paying for Substance Abuse Treatment
There are many ways to pay for alcohol or drug rehab centers in a California treatment center. Among the many options are the following:
- Personal funds
- Loaned funds from family and friends
- Government assistance in Irvine rehab centers
- Government insurance for substance abuse treatment Irvine locations
If you have personal health insurance, feel free to approach the Insurance Verification Staff of the rehab center in California. They can assist you in facilitating your insurance verification, so it can be used for the payment of the bills in the treatment centers