The City of Corona is located in Riverside County. It’s beautiful hot summer and warm winter makes it appealing for many tourists making it an ethnically diverse community. Based on estimates by the US Census Bureau, Corona is home to 167,836 people in 2017. But while the relatively peaceful City of Corona, which is regarded as the 4th Best Places to Live in Riverside County, rehab facilities in Corona are still admitting patients struggling with substance addiction. Illicit drugs are reportedly being sold in the Riverside County, and Corona is not safe from the drug trade.
Commonly Abused Substances in Corona, CA Area
Drug rehab centers in Corona and alcohol treatment centers Corona provide treatment to assist patients who suffer from addiction to drugs and alcohol addiction in Riverside County. The most recent County Health Rankings and Roadmaps data gathered from 2014 to 2016 show that Riverside County ranks fourth among the counties in California with the highest rate of deaths linked to a drug overdose with 1,017 or 14 deaths per 100,000 population.
Across the country, there were 63,632 drug overdose deaths recorded in 2016. Opioids, both illicit and prescribed, comprise the majority of the fatal cases with 42,249 opioid overdose deaths. Meanwhile, impaired driving deaths due to alcohol in Riverside County is 33 percent, which is four points higher compared with the overall rate in California, which is 29 percent. Excessive drinking in Riverside County (19 percent) is also one point higher than that of California’s overall rate (18 percent).
Why Getting Help in Corona Rehab Facilities Is Important
Both alcohol and drug abuse pose risks to the body and could be fatal in large doses. This is why people who have an addiction to any substance should get intervention in Corona rehabilitation centers. Alcohol rehab Corona and drug rehab in Corona can provide proper treatment to patients, as they are under the supervision of trained medical doctors. Getting into a rehab will help the patient increase his chance of recovering from addiction. Here are some of the treatments offered in Corona rehab centers:
- Alcoholics Anonymous Corona (AA Corona)
- Narcotics Anonymous Corona (NA Corona)
- Non-12 step rehab in Corona
- Luxury rehab in Corona
- SMART Recovery Meetings in Corona
- Detox center Corona
- Medical detox Corona
- Dual diagnosis rehab in Corona
Our closest facility is in California
Address: 27123 Calle Arroyo #2121, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
Our closest facility is in California
Substance Abuse Among College Students in Corona, CA Area
Young people in California are among the most vulnerable sectors affected by the opioid crisis and substance abuse. Patients admitted to Corona drug rehab centers are comprised of both young and old, including college students. The 2015 to 2016 National Survey on Drug Use and Health showed that statewide, California’s rate of substance abuse among those aged 18 to 25 years old is becoming a cause of concern, with353 people reported having misused painkillers, 1,016 had marijuana for the past month, 1,133 had illicit drugs for the past month, and 1,583 reported to have engaged in binge drinking.
Helping young students avoid substance abuse as early as possible will help a lot in curbing the growing number of substance use disorders in the state. Schools in California are taking steps to provide students with help through counseling and access to treatment. There are also students who choose to go into rehabs in Corona.
Types of Treatment for Substance Abuse in drug rehab Corona CA
There are various rehab centers Corona that offers traditional and holistic treatment to address the needs of patients with substance use disorders. Some of the treatment programs in a drug rehab Corona include:
- Detox program– Detox in Corona is an essential step to prepare a patient for the succeeding stages of treatment until he or she recovers from addiction through long-term sobriety. Rehabilitation facilities in Corona recommend medical detox which is found to be safer in managing the physical discomforts of withdrawal symptoms.
- 12 step program– A Corona drug rehab may also offer 12 step rehab programs similar to what is used in Corona AA meetings and NA meetings in Corona, which help patients stay sober through the step by step guide to recovery used since the 1930s.
- Non-12 step program – There are also rehab centers in Corona that provide evidence-based treatment using complementary, alternative 12 step programs and alternative medicine, cognitive behavioral therapy, yoga, meditation, and other non-12 step approaches in treating addiction.
- Dual diagnosis – Dual diagnosis treatment is very important for patients with a co-occurring mental illness and addiction to a substance. A dual diagnosis will help a patient receive proper treatment for the co-occurring illnesses.
- Luxury rehab – Luxury rehab centers are often chosen by those who opt to get an executive type of treatment in a calming environment that is secluded and promotes recovery. Luxury rehab facilities have modern amenities like on-site pools and hot tubs while also providing individualized treatment.
Paying for Treatment centers in Corona
Getting into a rehab in Corona will not be a problem for those whose medical insurance cover the treatment recommended for them. Patients and their families would only need to verify what their policy is paying for. Aside from medical insurance, treatments may also be paid through personal loans, savings, or through the assistance of government and private organizations. Aside from getting into rehabilitation facilities in Corona, there are also non-profit organizations who help patients through counseling and other support, as all the stakeholders in the community unite to prevent substance addiction.
Sunshine Behavioral Health strives to help people who are facing substance abuse, addiction, mental health disorders, or a combination of these conditions. It does this by providing compassionate care and evidence-based content that addresses health, treatment, and recovery.
Licensed medical professionals review material we publish on our site. The material is not a substitute for qualified medical diagnoses, treatment, or advice. It should not be used to replace the suggestions of your personal physician or other health care professionals.
Talk with one of our Treatment Specialists!
Call 24/7: 949-276-2886