Fontana’s Top Addiction Resource & Information Guide
Fontana, like many other cities in California, faces the problem of drug abuse and addiction. In 2016, about 2012 overdose deaths related to opioid use were reported in California, which represents a rate of 4.8 deaths in every 100,000 persons. Drug use and addiction are things that require immediate intervention to prevent long-term health impacts, social problems, financial losses, prison terms, and even deaths or injuries. Working with Fontana rehabilitation centers helps get the assistance you need to have and recover from addiction and drug use. The problem of drug abuse is not only associated with adults, the youth are also engaging in alcohol and substance abuse that may result in drug dependence later on in life. Young people who abuse substances are also likely to have changes in brain development like memory problems. Drug Rehab centers in Fontana are designed to provide an individualized approach.
Substance Abuse Issues In Fontana, California
Illegal substance use is considered California’s No. 1 premature killer, claiming more people than homicides, suicides, and car accidents. About 413,000 marijuana pounds, over 18,000 cocaine pounds, and over 5,000 meth pounds are seized every year in California. These numbers reflect the wide-scale availability of the drugs to users in the state. When we look at substance use and its consequences to the people of San Bernardino County you find that:
- From 2014 to 2016, there were 320 overdose deaths in a population of 100,000 according to County Health Rankings and Roadmaps.
- The percentage of adults involved in binge drinking or heavy drinking in 2016 in San Bernardino was 18 percent.
- From 2012 to 2016, there were 381 alcohol-involved deaths in San Bernardino representing 29 percent of the overall collision deaths.
- According to SAMHSA, 12.94 percent of adults said they had taken an illicit drug in the previous month based on data from 2015 and 2016 NSDUHs.
Fontana rehab facilities work relentlessly to ensure that drug and alcohol users get the right treatment. After the treatment, a patient can consider participating in AA Fontana groups. Having Fontana AA meeting schedule gives you the support you need during your recovery.
Commonly Abused Substances in Fontana, CA
In Fontana, California, the commonly abused drugs include:
- Crystal meth
In San Bernardino County, the admissions to treatment facilities for alcohol and other drug use (AOD) increased by 10 percent being led by alcohol abuse admission rate of 29 percent in 2013-2014. Substance abuse in Fontana can be corrected by enrolling in a rehab in Fontana. Various alcohol and drug abuse treatment programs are offered to help patients stop using drugs and lead their way to a life of sobriety. A detox Fontana treatment is the initial process that helps addicts to transition from use of intoxicants and mind-altering substances to abstinence and sobriety. Having medical detox Fontana helps you start your detoxification program with the supervision of medical experts like a nurse or doctor. Make sure you look for an effective detox center Fontana that can offer a safe detoxification treatment.
Substance Abuse by College Students in California
Substance abuse is a big issue on college campuses in California. Use of illicit drugs and alcohol has contributed to a range of harmful health, academic, and social problems. These specific college student behaviors indicate how serious the drug problem is in underage people.
- When implementing the American College Health Association – National College Health Assessment II (ACHA-NCHA II) during Spring 2016, it was found out that Stanislaus State students engaged in certain drug use behaviors. Although 29 percent reported that they had never used alcohol, about 76.2 percent reported taking 4 or fewer drinks during their last partying or socializing time.
- In the period between 2013 and 2015, it is estimated that 25.5 percent of female students of the 9th grade in California used drugs or alcohol in the previous month.
Since drinking appears to be socially acceptable, it is difficult to recognize a problem among college students who take alcohol. Adderall, also dubbed the “study drug” has become a popular college students’ drug. Many college students are also turning to pot as their choice of drug because of marijuana legalization in California. Ecstasy, a drug that was popularized in the 1990s has made a comeback in recent years and it is a common “party drug” for college students. It is common at concerts and raves.
Treatment for addiction is much easier if a patient makes a bold decision to join a Fontana treatment center early enough. A rehab center Fontana finds it easier to offer treatment to a patient when they come during their early stages of addiction than when they wait longer. Substance abuse treatment Fontana is based on the level of addiction, the addictive substances the addict has been using and their ability to cope with withdrawal symptoms.
Types of Treatment for Substance Abuse in Fontana, CA
There are many different kinds of treatment available for substance abuse and addiction. Whether someone is addicted to drugs or alcohol, they can get the help they need from the best rehab centers to overcome that addiction. Not every treatment is right for every person suffering from an addiction. However, there are many that have been successful in helping addicts get into recovery and stay clean and sober.
- Detox Programs: The first step to overcoming an addiction to drugs or alcohol is to go through detox. Attending a medical detox Fontana program is a great idea. You will get medical supervision to help you through the withdrawal symptoms. They will keep you as comfortable as possible through the detox process. The detox programs are available at many rehab centers in Fontana.
- 12 Steps Program: These programs have been helpful for millions of addicts around the world. With so many people having an addiction in Fontana, CA, there are plenty of 12 Step programs available to give them the help they need. Following a 12 Step program is one way to stay on track, focused, and committed. The alcoholics anonymous Fontana and narcotics anonymous Fontana both follow the 12 Steps.
- Non 12 Step Programs: 12 Step programs are not right for everyone. Some people become extremely frustrated with these types of programs. The non 12 Step programs still focus on helping people live a clean, sober, and recovering lifestyle. By using therapies that are evidence-based, addicts can overcome their addiction. Therapies such as cognitive behavioral therapy, TMS therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, group therapy, individual therapy, neurofeedback, and other non 12 step programs have helped addicts live a clean and sober lifestyle.
- Dual Diagnosis Programs: There are also dual diagnosis programs that help people detox and get into recovery. In these programs, the addict will receive help and treatment to overcome their addiction, along with a mental health disorder. They may struggle with an anxiety disorder, stress disorder, PTSD, depression, schizophrenia, or another mental health disorder, in addition to their addiction. There are many Fontana rehabilitation centers that offer dual diagnosis programs.
- Luxury Rehab: This is another option for someone looking to overcome an addiction. Luxury rehab generally has more amenities than other rehab centers. You might have massage therapy, yoga, on-site chefs, and additional services. As the name suggests, you will be staying in a more luxurious rehab with this type of program.
There are many types of treatment that could help you overcome a drug or alcohol addiction, You could stay in a dual diagnosis rehab in Fontana. There are alcohol treatment centers Fontana. You could stay in a drug rehab in Fontana. Find out which one would best fit your recovery needs and make the call today.
Paying for Rehab in California
Drug users and addicts seeking drug use treatment often find challenges in paying for rehab in or near Fontana. However, there are various ways in which they can use to fund their drug use and addiction treatment.
Some of the options might include the following:
- Private medical insurance
- Employment insurance
- Loan from family or friends
- Personal savings
- Government help
- Addiction recovery program help
- Payment plans
Don’t be discouraged from your current financial situation. Regardless of your budget, you should not allow this to prolong your treatment. There are many programs for California Rehab centers that will work with you to get the help you need. Alcohol and drug addiction are a disease that harms millions of people each year. Help is available to you. Start today by reaching out to a Rehab Center in California. Contacting Sunset Behavioral Health is the first step toward a new and sober you.