The residents of Lancaster, California, a city within Los Angeles County, feel that they are faced with a very serious drug problem. As such, there’s no doubt that there’s an increasing need for drug rehab centers in Lancaster.
Lancaster wrestles with a number of drug abuse incidents. In a 2017 Fact Sheet released by the National Drug Early Warning System (NDEWS) for Los Angeles County, the following statistics were revealed:
The top ten most-abused drug in Los Angeles County are:
- Methamphetamine (meth) which recorded around 11,369 usage incidents or about 41.1%
- Cannabis (marijuana) which recorded around 7,177 or around 25.9%.
- Cocaine which recorded around 3,445 usages or around 12.4%.
- Heroin which recorded around 1,969 incidents of usage or around 7.1%.
- Alprazolam which recorded around 709 usage or around 2.6%.
- Methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA) which recorded around 325 usage or around 1.2%.
- Methylenedioxyamphetamine (MDA) which recorded around 245 usages or around 0.9%.
- Phencyclidine with 191 usages or 0.7%.
- Hydrocodone with 161 usages or around 0.6%.
- Oxycodone with 111 usages or 0.4%.
For new psychoactive substances (NPS) drug categories, the following drugs are in the top positions: fentanyl with 67 incidents reported or around 0.2%, synthetic cathinones with 21 reported usages, synthetic cannabinoids with 18 usage incidents, tryptamines with 7 incidents reported, 2C phenethylamines with 2 reported usage reported, and piperazines with 1 reported incident of usage.
In June 0018, the Lancaster Police were involved in an undercover bust that resulted in the arrest of 21 drug dealers distributing heroin, crack cocaine, cocaine, methamphetamine, oxycodone, acetaminophen/oxycodone hydrochloride, marijuana and the prescription drug gabapentin. 27123 Calle Arroyo #2121, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675 Our closest facility is in California
Our closest facility is in California
27123 Calle Arroyo #2121, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675Talk to Our Intake Coordinators
Our closest facility is in California
Substance Abuse Issues Among College Students in Lancaster, CA
In the same fact sheet released by the National Drug Early Warning System (NDEWS) for Los Angeles County, the following statistics on college substance abuse was revealed:
- Approximately 34.73 percent of the Los Angeles County population aging between 18 years old to 25 engaged in binge drinking.
- Approximately 19.95 percent of the Los Angeles County population aging between 18 years old to 25 engaged in marijuana use, 6.26 percent reported to have abused other kinds of illicit drugs outside marijuana, 5.96 percent used cocaine within the past year, and 8.34 percent reported to use of pain relievers for nonmedical purposes.
If needed, students may have access to rehab in other cities, such as a Bakersfield, California, rehabilitation center.
Drug and Alcohol Treatment Types in Lancaster, CA
There are various treatment options offered by alcohol treatment centers Lancaster and drug rehab in Lancaster for people who are struggling with substance abuse in Lancaster, CA.
They include the following:
- Medical detox in Lancaster: During detox Lancaster, the client’s body is cleansed of chemicals and toxins that were stored in their body as a result of their addiction. During detox in Lancaster, the client might also be prescribed medication to help them combat the resulting withdrawal syndrome.
- Dual diagnosis rehab in Lancaster: This type of treatment offered in rehab centers Lancaster is clients who also suffer from a co-occurring mental condition. Both of these conditions are treated simultaneously. The good thing about this treatment option offered in rehab facilities in Lancaster is during treatment, they also get to get to the bottom of the addiction causes, hence making recovery and treatment stable. Dual diagnosis can be a necessity for patients, so make sure to seek out a facility that has it if needed, such as a rehab center in Fontana, CA.
- Luxury rehab in Lancaster: In this kind of rehab center Lancaster, clients are allowed to bring their gadgets, smartphones, and laptops if they want to keep updated with their loved ones outside rehab.
- 12-step program: Just as the name suggests, there are 12 core principles that you need to abide by in order to leave behind your destructive habits. This is the method employed by NA and AA meetings in and around Lancaster.
- SMART Recovery meetings in Lancaster: In this type of treatment programs offered by rehab in Lancaster, clients are taught the values of self-motivation and peer support as important factors in one’s recovery.
- Non 12-step rehab in Lancaster: This program offered by rehab facilities in Lancaster is best for those who are not comfortable with the teachings and treatment principles supported by groups like AA Lancaster (Alcoholics Anonymous Lancaster) or NA Lancaster (Narcotics Anonymous Lancaster). Here, clients are taught the importance of self-empowerment, responsibility, and will to manage their substance abuse or addictions.
Paying for Substance Abuse Treatment in Rehabs in or Near Lancaster, CA
There are various ways to pay for treatment in or near Lancaster rehab. Paying for rehab may be different in other centers, such as a Fremont rehab center, so be sure to compare your options.
Of course, it would be easier if you have private insurance when paying for your treatment in Lancaster drug rehab You can simply ask your insurance provider how much will they cover for your treatment in California rehab centers. If you have difficulty confirming this with your insurance provider, you can ask the help of the treatment centers in verifying how much will your insurer pay and how much will come out from your own pocket.
If you don’t have private insurance, you can look into government insurance, or you can also borrow money for treatment from your family or friends. To know more about other payment options, call trusted rehab centers in or near Lancaster today. They will gladly discuss your possible options for treatment payments. If you think that traveling to California would be the best option for you or your loved one’s treatment, then give us a call and find out more about Chapters Capistrano and Monarch Shores Recovery, our two addiction treatment facilities in California.
Sunshine Behavioral Health strives to help people who are facing substance abuse, addiction, mental health disorders, or a combination of these conditions. It does this by providing compassionate care and evidence-based content that addresses health, treatment, and recovery.
Licensed medical professionals review material we publish on our site. The material is not a substitute for qualified medical diagnoses, treatment, or advice. It should not be used to replace the suggestions of your personal physician or other health care professionals.