Moreno Valley's Top Addiction Resource & Information Guide
Moreno Valley is considered to be one of the most financially strong cities in the entire United States, with a population of over 200,000. Aside from being economically strong, Moreno Valley is also considered a tourist destination because of its commendable public safety policy, indigenous wildlife, and amazing terrain and landscape that is fit for extreme sports.
Then again, despite these wonders about Moreno Valley, it cannot be denied that it has also fallen victim to substance abuse problems. In the news article released by Desert Sun, it branded Moreno Valley and the entire Riverside County, as America’s drug pipeline. No wonder there is a steady increase in the number of rehab center Moreno Valley and in a variety of substance abuse treatment Moreno Valley.
Commonly Abused Drugs in Moreno Valley, CA
Although there are varied and different data regarding the most abused drugs in Moreno Valley, the news about the drugs being exploited in Riverside County says a lot.nIn 2015, locals and police authorities were alarmed with the news of a construction worker seeing a pipe bomb, about 1.2-inch-wide and 1-foot-long, capped on both ends, littering an overpass on one of the busiest highways of California, Interstate 10.
Upon hearing this news, authorities immediately sent their troops, along with a bomb squad to dispose of the bomb. Much to everybody’s surprise, it was not a pipe bomb as they originally believed. It was, in fact, a plain black pipe filled with approximately half-pound of methamphetamine. They suspected that the pipe with the drugs fell from eastward trucks hauling narcotics.
According to the news agency, this is just one of the rare moments when the Riverside County’s drug problem has been exposed to the public. In the same news, they pointed out that according to the Drug Enforcement Administration, Riverside County is the largest distribution center for illicit drugs in the United States, operating on a web of highways.
In February of this year, the Press-Enterprise reported that the police arrested 2 residents of Riverside County who were selling different kinds of pharmaceutical drugs. During the arrest, police were able to retrieve more than 1,300 assorted Ecstasy pills, cocaine, approximately 700+ Xanax tablets, morphine, and other assorted narcotics.
In different news released by The Press-Enterprise, it was also revealed that in August of this year, there were 58 gang members suspected of selling guns and drugs. Aside from the ammunition seized during the bust, the police also retrieved 11 pounds of methamphetamine.
These are the drug statistics shared by The Desert Times:
- In the span of 3 years, the DEA of Riverside seized more than 770 pounds of heroin and approximately 6,500 pounds of methamphetamine. This number is 1/10 (heroin) and ¼ (meth) of the total heroin and meth seized by DEA from 2012 to 2014.
- In 2013, the entire Riverside County seized a total of 150 pounds of meth and 1,567 pounds of heroin.
- In 2014, the DEA seized 220 pounds of meth and 2,394 pounds of heroin.
- In 2015, the DEA was able to confiscate 395 pounds of meth and 2,546 pounds of heroin.
The most important fact that can be deduced with these statistics is, there is a steady upward rise in the amount of meth and heroin use in the county.
Substance Abuse Among College Students in Moreno Valley
In a 2010 Survey released in Riverside County, California, the following substance abuse statistics for colleges were reported:
- Almost 31 percent of 18 and older Riverside residents have tried binge drinking in the past.
- There is a steady increase in the admission rates into Riverside County treatment facilities and in Moreno Valley rehab centers.
Due to the persistent substance abuse problems, even in universities and colleges, various academic institutions in Riverside County launched their own substance abuse resource center to help their respective students and referrals get help.
Among the universities who started this kind of program are University of California, Riverside and InterCoastCollege Riverside. They offer drug and alcohol resources for information dissemination, group and individual counseling, and therapy sessions.
Treatments for Substance Abuse in Moreno Valley
There are various treatments and Moreno Valley drug rehab centers available for patients struggling with substance abuse in Moreno Valley. These treatments offered by drug rehab centers in Moreno Valley are as follows:
- Alcohol Treatment Centers: The treatment programs offered in alcohol rehab Moreno Valley treatment facilities and in rehab Moreno Valley are unique and specific to alcohol abuse and addiction.
- Medical Detox: Although detox in Moreno Valley does not always come after intake and assessment, in most treatment options offered by various rehab facilities in Moreno Valley, detox Moreno Valley is made as a pre-requisite to any forms of treatment in rehab centers in Moreno Valley. Here, the patient can be prescribed with medications to help him deal with the drug or alcohol withdrawal phase. You can check out different detox center Moreno Valley to choose from.
- Luxury Rehab: This treatment, as the name suggests, is more expensive when compared to other treatment options offered by rehab centers Moreno Valley. Here, the patient may opt to travel to a different country or city for treatment.
- Non-12 Step Rehab: This type of treatment program by drug rehab in Moreno Valley is ideal for those who are not comfortable with the treatment method adhered to by groups like Alcoholics Anonymous Moreno Valley (AA Moreno Valley) or Narcotics Anonymous Moreno Valley (NA Moreno Valley.)
- SMART Recovery Meetings: Here, the patient is helped through peer support, motivation, and strategies how not to give in to their cravings and urges to use addicted substances again.
- 12 Steps Program: These programs have been helpful for millions of addicts around the world. With so many people having an addiction in Moreno Valley there are plenty of 12 Step programs available to give them the help they need. Following a 12 Step program is one way to stay on track, focused, and committed. The alcoholics anonymous Moreno Valley and narcotics anonymous Moreno Valley both follow the 12 Steps.
- Faith Rehab: If your drug abuse has led you away from your faith, you may wish to go back to being more spiritually aware during your recovery from addiction. This is where a Faith drug rehab can be helpful.
- Dual Diagnosis Rehab: This type of treatmentMoreno Valley drug rehab is for patients who are struggling with substance abuse and a co-occurring mental health condition. The drug rehab Moreno Valley treatment facility responsible for care will provide simultaneous treatments for both conditions.
During aftercare, patients can also try these group sessions and aftercare services offered by Moreno Valley rehabilitation centers:
- NA Meetings in Moreno Valley
- AA Meetings Moreno Valley
How to Pay for Treatment in California Rehab Facilities?
There are various ways to pay for rehab in California.
If you don’t have the financial capacity to pay for your treatment, you can loan money from family and/or friends and use the same to pay for your treatment in rehab facilities. There is also Government insurance available that you may qualify for, such as Medicaid or Medicare.
If you have private insurance, you can ask a treatment facility in a California to help verify your coverage with your insurer. Through verification, you will know what is covered by your insurance and how much will come out from your own pocket.
Also, you can call the treatment centers to discuss different payment options available for treatment in California treatment center. Don’t worry, regardless of your financial situation, you can get the treatment you need.
Talk with one of our Treatment Specialists!
Call 24/7: 949-276-2886