Monarch Shores, Orange County, beachfront house
TAKE THE FIRST STEP
Rehab in Newport Beach, California
Upscale inpatient rehabs with Non-12-Step program options.
- Keep your phone and laptop
- Safe 24/7 monitored detox
- Non 12-step & holistic options
- Dual diagnosis programs
- Beachfront facility
- Thorough aftercare planning
- Private rooms at Chapters Capistrano
Sometimes talking over the phone is easier. We’re here to listen to your questions and help you get answers. Call us at:555-555-5555*
*HIPPA Compliant and 100% confidential
KEEP YOUR CELL PHONE & LAPTOP
Typically, treatment centers do not permit cell phone or laptop use, but at both Chapters and Monarch Shores, our clients are allowed to engage with outside responsibilities.
Located along the Pacific coastline, Newport Beach is an upscale community that offers beaches, recreational opportunities, and shopping.
Like Orange County towns, Newport Beach is also home to many people who are experiencing substance abuse and addiction.
In 2015, 38 people in Newport Beach received emergency care after using opioid drugs and 10 people died of opioid overdoses.
Sometimes, drug and alcohol misuse contributes to crime. In 2020, Newport Beach, CA reported 400 incidents where people operated motor vehicles while under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Such behavior can endanger and end the lives of many.
Student Substance Abuse in Newport Beach
Students and young people in the Newport Beach area also struggle with drug and alcohol abuse and addiction.
Young people also make and distribute drugs that are popular in Newport Beach and other areas. Newport Beach was the home of an apartment where manufacturers created fake oxycodone pills that actually contained another dangerous opioid, fentanyl. The young people who made these pills–who included a young man who called himself Oxygod and Yung10x–also made counterfeit Xanax pills.
Before their 2018 arrest, the manufacturers of these pills would sell them online on the dark web and distribute them in person or by mail. Federal authorities intercepted 20 packages of the fake drugs before customers in more than a dozen U.S. states received them.
California College Students in Newport Beach, California
While Newport Beach is not the location of brick-and-mortar universities, there are a number of online educational institutions associated with the area, including Janus University, St. Francis School of Law, and Newport University.
Learning, working, and doing other things online can be convenient, but online life might not provide the social interaction some people want and need.
Without adequate social interaction, people might become lonely, anxious, and/or depressed. If they’re depressed, they may turn to drugs or alcohol to cope.
Our closest facility is in California
27123 Calle Arroyo #2121, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675Talk to Our Intake Coordinators
Our closest facility is in California
What to Look for When Choosing from Rehabs in Newport Beach, California
When looking for rehabs in Newport Beach, CA and surrounding areas, people might want to filter through various criteria. They include:
When rehab centers or other institutions have accreditation, a third party has examined the institutions and determined that they meet the organization’s qualifications.
One notable source of accreditation for rehabs in and around Newport Beach, California is The Joint Commission. It examines organizations that provide behavioral health care and substance abuse treatment to ensure that they meet The Joint Commission’s standards for safety and quality.
Another organization, LegitScript, gives certification to substance abuse treatment providers. This certification signifies that the providers are credible and legitimate health care organizations.
Demographics includes information about a group of people. Knowing the demographics of a community can help people better address the needs of its members.
For example, 8.8% of the population of Newport Beach is Hispanic or Latino, according to U.S. Census estimates. Alcohol and drug rehab treatment in Newport Beach, CA might want to employ staff members who speak multiple languages and understand different cultures so they can serve their clientele more effectively.
A low client-to-staff ratio is a good thing. Rehabs in Newport Beach, California with this low ratio employ several staff members to assist their clients.
With fewer clients per staff member, workers have the ability to provide more time and attention to the clients they have.
Services Included in Treatment
While Newport Beach, California rehabs offer different treatment options for different clients, some common types of treatment available include:
- Luxury rehab allows clients to rehabilitate and relax in style and comfort.
- Inpatient drug rehab and alcohol rehab requires clients to stay at their treatment facilities.
- IOP/IOPs (intensive outpatient programs) let clients live at home while receiving thorough treatment.
- Holistic rehab addresses the spirit and mind as well as the physical aspects of addiction and substance abuse.
- Dual diagnosis rehab acknowledges that mental illnesses can cause or worsen addictions.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) helps clients change their thoughts, feelings, and ultimately actions.
- Aftercare planning procedures encourage clients to work on their ongoing recoveries after they leave treatment facilities.
People considering rehab might want to contact individual addiction treatment centers to learn more about their options.
Support groups can be a valuable tool for addiction treatment and recovery. They allow people to meet others who have had similar experiences so they can learn from and support each other.
Some support groups encourage participants to address their recovery by progressing through a series of twelve steps. Many can be found in Newport Beach, CA or in Orange County, which is the home county for the city.
A few of these 12-step groups include:
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) is the original 12-step organization; it urges people to admit they’re powerless to their drinking problems and asks for help from a higher power.
- Al-Anon and Alateen are affiliated with Alcoholics Anonymous and assist family members (or teens and young people, in the case of Alateen) of people with drinking problems.
- Nar-Anon is much like Alcoholics Anonymous but deals with addictions to drugs instead of alcohol.
- Marijuana Anonymous (MA) assists people who feel that they have problems with marijuana.
- Cocaine Anonymous (CA) offers meetings and other options that address cocaine abuse and addiction.
- Dual Recovery Anonymous (DRA) recognizes that people often have addictions and mental illnesses at the same time and wants to help them with both.
- Celebrate Recovery (CR) incorporates religion to help people with substance abuse and addiction and is often affiliated with church ministries.
But if people don’t want to join 12-step programs, they can still participate in support groups. Newport Beach and Orange County non 12-step rehab options include:
- LifeRing Secular Recovery (LifeRing) encourages what it calls the Sober Self while weakening what it calls the member’s Addict Self.
- SMART Recovery (Self-Management and Recovery Training) employs evidence-based approaches to help people understand their problems with drugs or alcohol.
- Women for Sobriety (WFS) empowers people with female identities who want to stay abstinent from alcohol or drugs.
- Adult Children of Alcoholics (ACA) acknowledges that parents’ substance abuse and addiction can have long-lasting repercussions for their children.
- Moderation Management (MM) uses tools to help people limit or eliminate alcohol.
Prospective members might want to contact these organizations to see if they’re offering in-person, online, or phone meetings as well as other forms of assistance.
Treatment Options at Rehab Centers in Newport Beach, California
There’s no standard way to address substance abuse and addiction. People and their wants and needs can be different, and so can treatment programs and centers.
One option is holistic rehab that addresses people’s mental and spiritual needs as well as their physical ones. Several treatment options at rehab centers in Newport Beach, California also utilize different types of therapy, while some incorporate outdoor experiences, artistic expression, or religion to help people heal.
Veterans Affairs Addiction Treatment
Combat or other intense experiences may produce lasting effects for military service members and veterans. Some develop post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and might turn to alcohol or drugs to cope with their trauma or other problems.
If veterans need assistance, they might want to visit Newport Beach’s Veterans Resources web page. This page includes a link to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs’ My HealtheVet and other helpful resources.
Paying for Rehabs in Newport Beach, California
People might delay going to rehab because they don’t know how to pay for it. Fortunately, they can find ways to finance their care.
They can contact providers to see if they’ll charge on a sliding scale, offer discounts, or develop payment plans. They can also ask for loans or scholarships to finance rehab and attain better health.
Traveling to Newport Beach, California Rehab Centers
To access Newport Beach, California addiction treatment resources, people might need to travel. They can fly into John Wayne Airport in nearby Santa Ana, California. They can also take a train to Santa Ana or another station in Orange County.
Contacting preferred rehab providers is also a good idea. The centers might be able to make arrangements that help get their clients where they need to go. These efforts can help their clients receive addiction and substance abuse care that can transform their lives.
- ochealthinfo.com – 2017 Opioid Overdose & Death in Orange County
- nbpd.org – City-Wide Statistics
- ktla.com – O.C. 22-Year-Old Who Goes By ‘Oxygod’ Gets 17 Years for Selling Fake Opioid Pills Laced with Fentanyl
- publichealth.tulane.edu – Understanding the Effects of Social Isolation on Mental Health
- jointcommission.org – The Joint Commission Enhances Substance Use Disorders Standards
- census.gov – QuickFacts – Newport Beach City, California
- newportbeachca.gov – Veterans Resources
Sunshine Behavioral Health strives to help people who are facing substance abuse, addiction, mental health disorders, or a combination of these conditions. It does this by providing compassionate care and evidence-based content that addresses health, treatment, and recovery.
Licensed medical professionals review material we publish on our site. The material is not a substitute for qualified medical diagnoses, treatment, or advice. It should not be used to replace the suggestions of your personal physician or other health care professionals.