In 2015, Ventura County reported 33 cases of a heroin overdose, up from 23 the previous year. In Oxnard, at least 50% of the population knows a person who has a drug or alcohol problem, is attending regular NA meetings in Oxnard – or alcoholics’ anonymous Oxnard – or has lost hope entirely. In 2017, the deaths in opioid crisis were highlighted with deaths being as high as 92 – 26 more than the previous year. There was also a jump in a number of people using fentanyl and heroin. Oxnard drug rehab centers are receiving more and more people dealing with these addictions.
Being as 25% of the population on Ventura County is in Oxnard, drug and alcohol abuse cases are expected to be higher than in smaller towns, but even though, the numbers are alarming. Oxnard drug rehab centers are registering larger admissions than ever before. The number of SMART Recovery Meetings in Oxnard have also risen to accommodate this new status.
Issues Unique to Oxnard
Between 1999 and 2014, deaths as a result of opioid overdose tripled in Ventura County. The fact that these deaths were not being intentional does not make the news any less alarming. Prescription drug-related overdose was found to be the leading cause of substance-related deaths, followed by alcohol-related overdoses with 25% and then heroin-related OD by 24%. Several Oxnard drug rehab attendees have been pushed to seek help before they are found in such situations. Trends between 2008 and 2013 show regular increases in these deaths, and also notable is the age bracket where users are younger every year. Oxnard rehab centers are admitting more people every year too.
The Most Commonly Used Substance in Oxnard
California Department of Public Health released some shocking statistics. 24.6 ER visits out of 100,000 in Ventura were as a result of substance abuse. This number is quite large considering that the county is not the largest in population. It was also noted that the majority of these cases involved people aged between 18 and 24.
Among the leading substances were opioids which are now a cause for alarm in the US. These, followed closely by marijuana, heroin, and meth, were found to be rampantly used and easily available to even underage users. Alcohol is also another risk factor and even the underage found it easy to catch some pints in clubs where they were not carded or where they simply produced fake IDs. Oxnard drug rehabs are teeming with addicts aged below 24 trying to change the course of their lives. Currently, Oxnard schools have a number of programs helping stop the problem at teenage as well as preventing teens from using substance could lead them To Oxnard Drug Rehab Centers. Teens who are already using are pushed by their families to seek help in alcohol rehab Oxnard and to attend NA Oxnard gatherings. Our closest facility is in California Address: 27123 Calle Arroyo #2121, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675 Our closest facility is in California
Our closest facility is in California
Address: 27123 Calle Arroyo #2121, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
Our closest facility is in California
Drug and Alcohol Abuse in Oxnard Colleges
Statistically, the larger of users in Ventura and other places in the states- of both restricted drugs and alcohol – remains youth. Most people get initiated into the habit in college and before they know it, it has become a full-blown problem that needs them to seek help for addiction in a dual diagnosis rehab in Oxnard.
A study conducted among Ventura County community colleges found that 4 out of 5 students had engaged in binge drinking at least 2 weeks before the survey. They also did this episodically, so these were not isolated cases. The study indicated that the students did not find anything wrong with this heavy drinking and so they did not consider seeking help in any of the alcohol treatment centers in Oxnard or attend Oxnard AA meetings because they did not see the need. The report did not follow further to find out whether they kicked the habit after college. Yet another study – conducted in 2005 – revealed that substance abuse accounted for 1,700 deaths, 599,000 injuries, 696,000 assaults, and 97,000 date rapes and other sexual assaults. Rehab centers Oxnard are doing their best to get people to attend AA meetings Oxnard as well as narcotics anonymous Oxnard meetings.
If needed, students may have access to rehab in other cities, such as a San Bernardino, CA, rehabilitation center.
Different Kinds of Treatment Available
Oxnard is responding to the drug abuse crisis by bringing up modern rehab centers in Oxnard to cater for those in need. These facilities differ in luxury, cost, and nature of services provided. To ensure that everyone is catered to ideally, these medical detox Oxnard offer different types of treatment since one could never fit all.
- Detox program– The process of detox in Oxnard is the first step in any treatment. Rehab facilities Oxnard offer detox Oxnard to help get rid of drugs and alcohol in the body. Medical detox in Oxnard is often recommended in detox center Oxnard to help patients overcome the painful stage of withdrawal from a substance.
- 12-step program– A program where you walk step in step with a professional in an Oxnard drug rehab guiding you to prevent a relapse. It helps you get re-integrated into society without using again. They are urged to check Oxnard AA meeting schedules for alcohol recovery. Twelve-step rehab is among the most common treatment types, so consider seeking out rehabs all over the state—such as a rehab center in Sacramento, California.
- Non-12-step program – Rehab treatment centers in Oxnard also offer non-12-step rehab. Non-12-step rehab in Oxnard includes the use of complementary and alternative medicine, cognitive behavioral therapies, and holistic approaches to treatment.
- SMART Recovery Meetings in Oxnard to help those who want to experience a modern method of treatment in Oxnard rehabilitation centers.
- Dual diagnosis – This rehab helps with not only addiction, but also with other mental disorders that may come with it, such as depression, anxiety disorder, and PTSD. Dual diagnosis can be a necessity for patients, so make sure to seek out a facility that has it if needed, such as a rehab center in Moreno Valley, California.
- Luxury rehab – It is yet another option for those looking for detox services with extra services such as yoga and meditation, as well as a private chef. The facilities have more to offer than regular rehab centers.
- Faith Rehabs are available too for those who feel their addiction may have led them astray and would want a chance to explore their spirituality.
Payment Options for Substance Abuse Treatment
Substance abuse treatment at California rehab centers can be expensive. There are several options you can take advantage of to ensure you get the best treatment without the high costs. Some of the most viable options include insurance, subsidized programs, and grants:
The insurance option you choose will depend on the terms of your policy provider and your own preference. Different rehab centers will accept some of the following options for the state of California.
- Private insurance
- Employment-based plans
Different types of grants are offered by organizations like SAMSHA. A grant for the homeless includes substance abuse treatment that can be used to pay for rehabilitation facilities in CA. There are other types of grants you can apply through the organization’s web portal.
Is an option offered by some drug and alcohol treatment centers . This option allows the patient to pay according to their financial capabilities. This allows people whose finances have been depleted by their addiction to seek professional help as soon as possible.
Sunshine Behavioral Health strives to help people who are facing substance abuse, addiction, mental health disorders, or a combination of these conditions. It does this by providing compassionate care and evidence-based content that addresses health, treatment, and recovery.
Licensed medical professionals review material we publish on our site. The material is not a substitute for qualified medical diagnoses, treatment, or advice. It should not be used to replace the suggestions of your personal physician or other health care professionals.
Talk with one of our Treatment Specialists!
Call 24/7: 949-276-2886