Drug and alcohol addiction is also a cause of concern in California. In fact, many of its adolescents, specifically those in grades 9 to 12, are involved in it. Among the most commonly abused substances are marijuana, inhalant, cocaine, and non-medical pain relievers.
Although the state is not in the top 5 in terms of drug overdose-related deaths, the figure it recorded in 2017 was still considered statistically significant. Based on the data from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, California recorded an increase of 4.5 percent in drug overdose deaths from 2016 to 2017.
Meanwhile, the County Health Rankings reported that Riverside ranks 33rd in quality of life out of 57 counties. This indicator includes poor mental health. Moreover, it ranks 31st in health behavior, which includes excessive drinking and deaths due to alcohol-impaired driving. Amid this condition, help can be sought from one of the reputable Riverside rehab facilities.
Drug Addiction Situation in Riverside, California
The county of Riverside has been known for being a major distribution center when it comes to drug trafficking. From 2012 until 2014, the volume of prohibited drugs seized in the county by the Drug Enforcement Agency Riverside office was higher compared to the national figure. Meth totaled about 6,500 pounds, while heroin reached 770 pounds. This represented one-fourth and one-tenth of the total amount of meth and heroin seized in the entire country during the said period.
Seizures of meth and heroin in Riverside notably increased from 2013 until 2015. In 2013, the amount of meth seized was pegged at 1,567 pounds. However, it reached 2,546 pounds in 2015. Meanwhile, the amount of heroin seized in 2015 was at 150 pounds but was at 395 pounds in 2015.
On the other hand, another report showed that Riverside county recorded the fourth-highest deaths related to drug abuse. Riverside had 1,017 deaths due to a drug overdose. The top three were Los Angeles with 2,288 deaths, San Diego with 1.272 cases, and Orange with 1,168.
Alcohol Abuse Situation in Riverside, California
In 2016, California recorded a total of 1,059 fatalities due to alcohol-impaired driving. In the meantime, 30.8 percent of the fatal crashes which involved repeat offenders had a blood alcohol content (BAC) of 0.08 to 0.14, while 69.2 percent were repeating offenders with BAC of at least 0.15. In Riverside, the number of deaths due to alcohol-impaired driving reached 391, or 33 percent of the 1,191 driving-related fatalities, based on the latest available data.
Substance Use Disorder Issues Specific in Riverside, California Region
The United States Department of Justice reported that there is some difficulty in detecting laboratories for methamphetamine and plantations of cannabis in Riverside because of its wide area. Riverside is the 4th largest country in the State of California. Furthermore, it was revealed that in January 2010, six members of the Mexican Mafia-affiliated Hispanic street gang East Side Riva were arrested by the authorities in Riverside. They were caught trafficking methamphetamine. 27123 Calle Arroyo #2121, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675 Our closest facility is in California
Our closest facility is in California
27123 Calle Arroyo #2121, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675Talk to Our Intake Coordinators
Our closest facility is in California
Substance Use Disorder Among Students
The prevalence of alcohol and drug use in California, particularly among high school students, was found to be comparable to the country’s figures, according to the United States Department of Health and Human Services Office of Adolescent Health.
In a survey given to grades 9 to 12 in 2015, it was learned that 29 percent had at least one alcoholic drink on any day during the last 30 days prior to the survey. This is four notches lower compared to the national figure of 33 percent. Moreover, 15 percent of them admitted that they had at least five drinks in just a couple of hours on any day during the past 30 days before the survey was conducted. The national rate was at 18 percent.
When it comes to marijuana, 39 percent of the respondents revealed that they had used the weed at least once in their lifetime. This is the same as the national figure. This scenario is the same as the non-medical use of pain relievers among students aged 12 to 17 years old, wherein both California and the US recorded five percent. In the meantime, cocaine use among grades 9 to 12 in California was higher than that in the country. Of the total respondents, six percent admitted to having used cocaine at least once in their lifetime. This is one percent higher compared to the national figure.
If needed, students may have access to rehab in other cities, such as a Fresno rehabilitation center.
Relative to this concern, drug rehab Riverside can be taken advantage of from the Riverside drug rehab centers.
Types of Treatment for Substance Use Disorder in Riverside, California
- Detox Programs: When you are seeking rehab from drug or alcohol abuse, the first step is to undergo detox. There is surely a great detox Riverside program you can enroll to. A medical professional will be guiding you as go through the process of rehabilitation. A reliable Riverside treatment center will be providing you with the much-needed medical supervision to ensure that you get help whenever you experience withdrawal symptoms.
- 12 Steps Program: After undergoing a medical detox in Riverside, the rehab facility will now guide you on how to sustain your recovery. The 12 steps program, which you can get from one of the best rehab centers in Riverside, usually involves a counselor who will help you stay on track and focus on your recovery. He or she will also guide you on how to remain committed. Twelve-step rehab is among the most common treatment types, so consider seeking out rehabs all over the state—such as a rehab center in Huntington Beach, California.
- Non 12 Step Programs: The non 12 step rehab in Riverside can assist you in keeping your commitment towards sobriety. This is a holistic treatment that seeks to discover the underlying reason why a person is dependent on drug or alcohol.
- Dual Diagnosis Program: Under this program, which is offered by a rehab center in Riverside, it is not only the substance use disorder that is being addressed. The mental health disorder that may go with the rehabilitation process will be addressed as well. As you go on with your recovery, which starts from detox in Riverside, there is a possibility of you experiencing anxiety, depression or schizophrenia. Thus, the medical facility makes sure that your mental health is likewise looked into as you seek recovery from one of the treatment centers in Riverside.
- Luxury Rehab: A luxury rehab in Riverside can be an option for you. If you think that you can recover faster and more effectively if you are in a facility that has a lot of amenities, then this is the right one for you. While a luxury rehab can be expensive, you can be sure of better features. In fact, a drug or alcohol rehab Riverside that offers this kind of service may also provide yoga sessions, massage therapy, and even detail an in-house chef for its patients. If luxury rehab is unavailable locally, consider seeking out a treatment center in Redding, CA.
- Faith Rehab: Aside from the dual diagnosis rehab in Riverside and the others, you may also opt for the faith rehab. Under this program, your addiction will be dealt with by strengthening your faith. The Riverside rehab offering this type of recovery program will help you in your journey towards becoming more spiritual and possessing stronger faith in God.
Paying for Rehab in or near Riverside, California
California rehabilitation centers offer a wide range of services on drug and alcohol abuse recovery. All of these are aimed at helping each patient bring back their sobriety and live once again an illegal substance-free life. If you want to get the services of the drug rehab centers in or near Riverside, there is a number of options on how you will be able to fund the treatment. Among them are the following:
- Medical insurance (private or employment)
- Help from government
- Help from a group that supports addiction recovery
- Help from family and friends
- Personal loans and savings
- Payment plans
Meanwhile, if you want to know about the available options to pay for your bill, you may contact the Riverside rehab centers and ask them about it. Take note that each of them may have various payment options for different services. Moreover, rates differ, too. For example, there would be a different rate for Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous and the others such as the SMART Recovery meetings near Riverside.
If you want to have your rehab in California, you can make use of various insurance plans. You may talk to an insurance professional to know more about it.
Do not lose hope! Your much-awaited help for rehab in California is already in your hands.
Sunshine Behavioral Health strives to help people who are facing substance abuse, addiction, mental health disorders, or a combination of these conditions. It does this by providing compassionate care and evidence-based content that addresses health, treatment, and recovery.
Licensed medical professionals review material we publish on our site. The material is not a substitute for qualified medical diagnoses, treatment, or advice. It should not be used to replace the suggestions of your personal physician or other health care professionals.