Fresno is the sixth-largest area in California and with a population of more than 522,000, it’s also one of the top 10 most populous counties in the whole state. Like the rest of the country, however, it’s not immune from the menace of illicit and prescription drugs. There’s a huge demand out there for treatment centers such as Fresno drug rehab centers that can accommodate the rising number of drug and alcohol dependents in Fresno. There are also Alcoholics Anonymous in Fresno and Narcotics Anonymous in Fresno
Cases of drug overdose continue to affect families in Sacramento. Based on the data in the Provisional Drug Overdose Death Counts by the National Vital Statistics System, the number of predicted cases of deaths due to a drug overdose in California in April 2018 was at 5,497. This figure is slightly higher at 9.5 percent compared to the 5,018 predicted cases in April 2017.
Despite having a positive survey feedback from residents, the city of Sacramento is still affected by the nationwide drug problem. Based on the 2018 City of Sacramento Citizen Survey, 54 percent of respondents consider the efforts of providing access to health care, behavioral health, and substance abuse treatment as the most essential service that should be prioritized by the city in order to help address social problems, particularly homelessness.
Patients who suffer from substance use disorder and mental illness should immediately get help from rehab facilities in Sacramento. Sacramento rehab centers can take care of a patient’s needs and help the person recover from addiction.
What are the Commonly Abused Substances in Sacramento, CA Area
Sacramento County is among the biggest counties in California. Sadly, Sacramento rehab facilities, including alcohol treatment centers in Sacramento, are witnessing the persistent problem of drug and alcohol abuse. Sacramento County, with approximately 1.5 million residents based on 2016 Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA), has reported high rates of emergency department visits due to mental health issues and substance abuse. These conditions reflected a 50 percent higher rate compared to state rates. Counterfeit painkillers, cocaine, heroin, marijuana, and methamphetamines are among the most commonly abused substances in Sacramento.
- Painkillers– Health officials in Sacramento are looking at the possibility that the proliferation of counterfeit pain relievers has caused the increase in overdose deaths in the area. The DEA San Francisco Division reported at least 42 people were treated due to drug overdose and 10 died due to a drug overdose in 2016. From 2014 to 2016, a rate of 760 drug overdose deaths per 100,000 population in Sacramento County was reported. Drug overdose deaths in the US reached 70,630 in 2019 and 70.6 percent of these deaths involved opioids.
- Heroin and methamphetamine – In August 2018, a report showed that authorities from the Sacramento County Sheriff Department seized large amounts of heroin and methamphetamine in a south Sacramento home. Based on the 2017 records by the Sacramento DEA, the San Francisco Division had at least 24 criminal case initiations and 12 convictions involving heroin and 88 case initiations and 87 convictions involving methamphetamines. Heroin is made from morphine, which is a natural substance found in opium poppy plants. Methamphetamine, on the other hand, is a drug that stimulates the central nervous system.
- Cocaine and Marijuana – Cocaine and marijuana trade online is among the cases revealed by federal agents in Sacramento. To thwart the illegal trade, a task force called Northern California Illicit Digital Economy Task Force was established this year.
- Alcohol – The rate of alcohol dependence also highlights the situation that more people need alcohol rehab in Sacramento. Based on the2017 Statewide Needs Assessment and Planning Report by the California Department of Health Care Services, 2014 and 2015 showed there was 6.6 percent of Californians (aged 12 and older) who had an alcohol use disorder in the previous year, 3.5 percent had an alcohol dependence in the past year.
Nationwide, the 2019 National Survey on Drug Use and Health showed 85.6 percent of adults (aged 18 or older) have drunk alcohol at least once in their lifetime. Meanwhile, 14.5 million American adults were reportedly suffering from alcohol use disorder. Getting treatment from rehab facilities in Sacramento is very important for people who are suffering from addiction to any of these harmful substances. People may seek treatment through:
- Alcoholics Anonymous Sacramento (AA Sacramento)
- Narcotics Anonymous Sacramento (NA Sacramento)
- Non 12 step rehab in Sacramento
- Luxury rehab in Sacramento
- SMART Recovery Meetings in Sacramento
- Detox center Sacramento
- Dual diagnosis rehab in Sacramento
Our closest facility is in California
27123 Calle Arroyo #2121, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675Talk to Our Intake Coordinators
Our closest facility is in California
Substance Abuse Among College Students in Sacramento, CA Area
In California, more young people are seeking treatment in drug rehab centers in Sacramento. The 2015 to 2016 NSDUH revealed these alarming rates of substance abuse among young people aged 18 to 25 years old:\
- 1,133 used illicit drugs for the past month
- 1,016 used marijuana for the past month
- 315 used cocaine for the past year
- 353 misused painkillers
- 2,380 used alcohol for the past month
- 1,583 engaged in excessive drinking
- 346 had an illicit drug use disorder
- 468 had alcohol use disorder
- 326 needed but did not receive treatment for illicit drug use
- 492 needed but did not receive treatment for alcohol use
- 634 needed but did not receive treatment for substance use
To help college students in California, academic institutions, such as the Sacramento State, partner with organizations to provide counseling to students. Under the school’s Division of Student Affairs Women’s Resource Center, students who need help may reach out to the Strategies For Change, an organization which provides addiction intervention programs to help students, particularly women, in drug screening, treatment, and aftercare. The California Community Colleges has a Student Mental Health Program implemented statewide. The program aims to provide early intervention mechanisms and sustain prevention of mental disorders among students. Rehab centers in Sacramento also provide treatment to college
If needed, students may have access to rehab in other cities, such as a Palmdale, California, rehabilitation center.
Importance of getting treatment in Sacramento drug rehab centers
The 2017 Statewide Needs Assessment and Planning Report showed that not all those who need treatment for alcohol and drug abuse have access to treatment. Based on the 2013-14 government data, there was 2.5 percent of Californians aged 12 and older who needed treatment for illicit drug abuse but did not receive treatment, while 6.4 percent of those who reported having alcohol addiction did not receive treatment in the past year.
The social and economic losses are far greater when people do not get proper rehab in treatment centers in Sacramento. Based on a report by the National Institute of Drug Abuse, alcohol, tobacco, and illicit drug abuse costs $740 billion annually. The government had to shell out more funds to pay for health care, compensate for lost work productivity and crimes committed due to alcohol and drug addiction.
Types of Treatment for Substance Abuse in Sacramento Rehabilitation Centers
Rehab centers in Sacramento can provide safe and proper care to treat people with substance use disorders. The most important thing in choosing the right kind of treatment in drug rehab in Sacramento, CA, is to get the type of treatment recommended by the doctor. Here are some of the programs provided in a drug rehab in California:
- Detox program– The process of detox in Sacramento is the initial stage of treatment to flush out harmful toxins from the patient’s body. Medical detox Sacramento is the most preferred type of detox as it can effectively manage the painful symptoms of suddenly stopping the use of alcohol and drugs. When a patient fails to complete the process of detox Sacramento there is a higher chance of relapse.
- 12 step program– Rehabs in Sacramento have 12 step rehab programs similar to Sacramento AA meetings or NA meetings in Sacramento which uses the 12 steps guide developed by Alcoholics Anonymous in the 1930s. AA meetings in south Sacramento usually motivate the patient to recover from alcohol abuse with the help of other alcoholics who want to overcome addiction. A Sacramento AA meeting schedule is regularly attended by a patient depending on this treatment plan.
- Non 12 step program – For patients who prefer a non-12 step program, rehabilitation facilities in Sacramento provide holistic rehab, cognitive behavioral therapies, or use complementary and alternative medicine in treatment.
- Dual diagnosis – When a patient has co-occurring substance use disorder and a mental health problem the case is referred to as a dual diagnosis. A dual diagnosis rehab in Sacramento is helpful in treating both disorders separately.
- Luxury rehab – There are also executive types of Sacramento drug rehab for patients who prefer the best type of rehab in a resort-type facility. Luxury rehab in Sacramento also provides patients with modern facilities and amenities that are not commonly found in a regular Sacramento rehab. If luxury rehab is unavailable locally, consider seeking out a treatment center in Elk Grove, CA.
Paying for Substance Abuse Treatment Sacramento, California
While there are many options to pay for a rehab center in Sacramento, verifying whether the patient’s medical insurance covers the amount of treatment is still the most recommended way of saving on the costs of treatment. Patients may also pay for drug rehab in Sacramento using personal savings or loans.
Paying for rehab may be different in other centers, such as an Ontario rehab center, so be sure to compare your options.
However, when paying for a Sacramento treatment center proves too difficult for patients and their families, government and private organizations step in to help a patient in getting proper and effective treatment. We emphasize the fact getting admitted in a drug rehab in Sacramento can aid a person’s recovery from addiction.
Sunshine Behavioral Health strives to help people who are facing substance abuse, addiction, mental health disorders, or a combination of these conditions. It does this by providing compassionate care and evidence-based content that addresses health, treatment, and recovery.
Licensed medical professionals review material we publish on our site. The material is not a substitute for qualified medical diagnoses, treatment, or advice. It should not be used to replace the suggestions of your personal physician or other health care professionals.