Santa Rosa’s climate features almost year-long summer warmth that is comparable to that of the Mediterranean. That is why many come to enroll in substance abuse treatment Santa Rosa area. The goal is to take advantage of this great city for respite from day-to-day stress and obtain general peace of mind and overall body wellness.
Many also visit to check Santa Rosa drug rehab facilities or programs for alcohol detox in Santa Rosa. If you or your loved one have problems with alcohol abuse, you are not alone. There are many in line for alcohol treatment centers in or near Santa Rosa.
And after finishing alcohol rehab in Santa Rosa, aftercare is available via the different meetings with AA Santa Rosa or Alcoholics Anonymous Santa Rosa. AA meetings Santa Rosa can be found in Mendocino Avenue, Franklin Avenue, and Piner Road, to name a few. The Santa Rosa AA meetings schedule is easy enough to find online, as would be the schedule for meetings with the Narcotics Anonymous Santa Rosa (NA Santa Rosa).
Learn More About Commonly Abused Substances in Santa Rosa
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) views addiction to prescription medication as a nationwide epidemic. This is also applicable in the case of the cities in Sonoma County.
According to them, overdose deaths increased by over 4% from 2018 (20.7 per 100,000) to 2019 (21.6 per 100,000). Mainly synthetic opioids (other than methadone)—are currently the main driver of drug overdose deaths.
In Sonoma County’s Alcohol and Other Drug Prevention Strategic Plan for 2015 to 2020, it was noted that the county ranked 8thin the 2015 Robert Wood Johnson Foundation health rankings for counties in terms of overall Health Outcomes. In the following years, this ranking dropped to a lower spot, bagging only the 19thspot for the Health Behaviors category, with 31 percent of the total driving deaths attributed to alcohol use and over 22 percent of adults reported to engage in binge or heavy drinking.
Substance Abuse Issues Specific to Santa Rosa
In Sonoma County’s Alcohol and Other Drug Prevention Strategic Plan for 2015 to 2020, the following facts and statistics were further noted:
- Underage drinking in Sonoma County is fairly high, and the trend shows a continuous raise causing real concern among community coalitions, parents, schools, public safety, and public health administrators.
- Thirty-four (34) percent of students in the 11th grade were reported to have drunk alcohol at least once within the last 30 days. This rate is higher than the 33 percent (33%) state rate, and the 27.5 percent (27.5) national rate.
- In terms of marijuana use, the said strategic plan also pointed out that marijuana use among 7thand 9thgraders in Sonoma County is higher compared to the national rate. Overall, marijuana use among 11th, 9th, and 7thgraders either decreased or stayed the same.
- Also, the said plan noted a National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) nationwide representative survey that revealed a 16.3 percent (2007) increase in a number of drug-positive weekend night drivers’ rates. From 2013 to 2014, this rate even went higher to 20 percent.
In the 2016 Unintentional Drug Poisoning Report published by Sonoma County’s Department of Health Services, the following data was gathered:
- The yearly average for deaths resulting from unintentional drug poisoning is 44 deaths.
- There were 191 reported cases of hospitalizations with unintentional drug poisoning as the primary cause. Of these 191 cases, 93 percent were caused by pharmaceutical opioids, while opiates caused 3 percent.
- There were 476 reported cases of Emergency Departments (ED) visits, treats, and release for which unintentional drug poisoning was the main cause of hospital admission.
Our closest facility is in California
27123 Calle Arroyo #2121, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675Talk to Our Intake Coordinators
Our closest facility is in California
Substance Abuse in Santa Rosa, CA and State Colleges
The said report particularly noted the college students or the 18 to 21-year-old age bracket as the special high-risk population. The county is home to Santa Rosa Junior College, a junior college with numerous county-wide campuses, and Sonoma State, a four-year-old university. The latter is a middle-sized university with less than 10,000 students, while SRJC has more than 60,000 students yearly. The issue that concerns the community, public health professionals, and school administrators is the fact that these students have a close relationship with alcohol.
35% of these college students were reported to binge drink, while 40% were reported to have been drinking within the past 30 days. Aside from alcohol, marijuana, and prescription drugs were also a cause for concern for this age group.
If needed, students may have access to rehab in other cities, such as a Stockton rehabilitation center.
Treatment for Substance Abuse in Santa Rosa
There are many kinds of available rehab facilities in Santa Rosa. For alcoholics, in particular, there are the 12 Step Treatments in detox center Santa Rosa.
Specifically, the following treatment programs are available in Santa Rosa, CA:
- Detox Programs: This program is to help the patients ready their bodies for the treatment process. Detox removes all the piled-up toxins in the patient’s body as a result of prolonged use of illicit substances.
- 12-Step Programs: The 12 step features the most widely utilized program formulated by the AA back in 1935 and has seen great results since then. Twelve-step rehab is among the most common treatment types, so consider seeking out rehabs all over the state—such as a rehab center in Riverside, California.
- Non-12 Step Programs: There are also centers for medical detox Santa Rosa with the more scientific-based methods that are featured in a number of Non 12 step rehab in Santa Rosa. Here, instead of relying on the power of a higher being to help them recover from addiction, patients are taught the values of self-empowerment, accountability, and willpower.
- Dual Diagnosis Programs: For those with a mental health condition simultaneously occurring with their alcohol or drug use disorder, there are facilities for dual diagnosis rehab in Santa Rosa.
- Luxury Rehab: For those looking forward to a bit of luxury rehab in Santa Rosa, you would probably enjoy the more Holistic approach to treatment. As the term suggests, this kind of rehab offers more sophisticated amenities, which justifies its higher price. If luxury rehab is unavailable locally, consider seeking out a treatment center in Tustin, CA.
- Holistic Treatment Programs: The Santa Rosa rehabilitation centers that feature a more Holistic approach contrast with the traditional treatments for substance abuse starting with the point of view from which they see in itself your addictive process. The rehabilitation facilities in Santa Rosa that offer more traditional programs see substance addiction as a disease without any cure and can be merely managed during a lifetime period of remission. Holistic programs see addiction as something that can be absolutely resolved.
- Faith-based Treatment: This treatment program is ideal for patients who need to strengthen their spirituality while regaining sobriety. Here, patients are guided with religious principles to help them regain their spirituality while recovering from the ill effects of addiction.
Aside from these, there are also rehab centers in Santa Rosa that offer non-faith-based treatments. There are also Santa Rosa rehab centers that offer SMART Treatment. This approach is fairly new in the realm of drug addiction treatment. The program for SMART Recovery in rehab centers in Santa Rosa features in-person plus online meetings from all across the world. SMART Recovery Meetings in Santa Rosa allow those enrolled to discuss and learn from others presently to undergo or have undergone similar experiences.
Paying for rehab in or near Oceanside
Let’s not kid around. Alcohol and drug rehab in California will cost you a pretty penny. Many Californians who need it will not be able to get substance abuse treatment because of financial constraints. However, all is not lost. Assuming you cannot pay your own way, there are a couple of avenues you can go for help:
- State-run treatment programs
- Mutual support groups
- Faith-based programs and charities
- Charitable Admittance
Call a California rehab center so you can be patched to an insurance adviser to determine your health coverage. The team of experts will also help you find other means to defray the cost if you have no personal or employment insurance. Call now and gain back control of your life!
Sunshine Behavioral Health strives to help people who are facing substance abuse, addiction, mental health disorders, or a combination of these conditions. It does this by providing compassionate care and evidence-based content that addresses health, treatment, and recovery.
Licensed medical professionals review material we publish on our site. The material is not a substitute for qualified medical diagnoses, treatment, or advice. It should not be used to replace the suggestions of your personal physician or other health care professionals.