The Call Center Representative is responsible for answering incoming telephone calls in a professional manner offering service to people with chemical dependency/alcohol related rehabilitation questions and concerns.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer a multi-line telephone system in a polite, upbeat and friendly manner.
- Always practice customer service etiquette.
- Utilize available resources and follow protocol to answer questions, ask qualifying questions and educate callers.
- Gather client information, treatment history, and insurance information
- Follow HIPAA regulations always, regarding client information.
- Understand federal and state requirements regarding client confidentiality and the principles of maintaining protected health information (PHI).
- Qualify potential clients and log all information into Salesforce.
- Communicate with lead counselors about the status of qualifying clients.
- Follow up with your call leads and team mates regularly.
- Verify benefits with complete and accurate information.
- Communicate and work effectively with all team members and supervisors.
- Attend and participate in company meetings and training.
- Operate standard office equipment, including: computer, printers, multi-line phone system.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Preferences:
- Basic knowledge of different health insurance plans types preferred.
- Experience in a call center environment.
- Basic knowledge of HIPPAA compliance and privacy measures.
- Experience, knowledge or interest in chemical dependency and substance abuse.
- Possess customer service skills and demonstrate telephone etiquette.
- Possess skills in computer literacy and keyboard and typing proficiency. Type and Talk.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent job-related experience preferred.