The Group Facilitator is responsible for assessing and monitoring client behavior within Monarch Shores’ Detoxification, Residential, and Therapeutic Programs. The Group Facilitator works in collaboration with the clinical team to ensure all services are being delivered to Monarch Shores’ standards, the Group Facilitator is responsible for documenting client behavior, group participation and BPS’s. The Group Facilitator will also be providing crisis management and education for the clients and family/significant others in a therapeutic milieu setting.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide assessments when necessary.
- Interview clients to obtain information concerning social history, treatment and other pertinent information.
- Observe clients to detect indications of abnormal physical or mental behavior.
- Change method and degree of therapy when indicated by client reactions/needs as well as when indicated by the Clinical Supervisor or Clinical Director.
- Review client chart for completion of all paperwork with appropriate signatures. Complete any paperwork and get any missing signatures from the client.
- Bio/Psych/Social Assessment and Treatment plan created with the client. After completion both documents will be signed and dated by the client and the Group Facilitator.
- When indicated, upon new client arrival, contact family immediately and set up a schedule of communication for the Therapist informing them of our desire of regular communications. Family should be informed that the Therapist will call in the next few days or week after meeting the client.
- Complete notes for every group and interaction and document in the EMR. All group notes and notes for client meetings should stay current in the chart within 24 hours or occurrence.
- Develop and maintain positive relationship with external customers, families, clients and employees.
- Assist the clinical team in the coordination of services to clients.
- Initiate, facilitate and promote on-site activities, therapeutic support and educational groups, outings and documents on these in the client’s chart.
- Provide education for clients and significant others.
- Respond to emergencies and initiates action as required.
- Record significant events involving client’s activities in the daily record.
- Respond to client complaints.
- Attend and participates in staff meetings and training.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications and Preferences:
The following requirements and preferences will be evaluated and verified to establish employment eligibility.
- 1-3 Years of experience operating as a RAD-T II or HIGHER (CAC/CADC I/II/III)
- 1-3 Year of experience utilizing Microsoft Excel at an advanced level.
- Past experience working with medical records is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Individual Licensure requirements and scope of practice must be maintained.
Chapters Capistrano is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.
Job Type: Full-time