Monarch Shores Career Opportunities
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)
The Certified Medical Assistant is responsible for providing the quality care within Monarch Shores Recovery’ Detoxification and Residential Programs. Ensuring timely implementation of orders given, reporting of client needs, and updating client notes. The Certified Medical Assistant
will exhibit a variety of functions including safety, quality improvement needs, and compliance standards of daily client care. The Certified Medical Assistant also performs direct client services to clients including medication administration. Clinical responsibilities include taking medical histories, recording vital signs, and explaining treatment to clients.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Prepare Nursing Area and ensure supplies ready
- Assist the Nursing Staff
- Take and record client vitals
- Administrate Medication
- Educate Clients on health conditions, treatment and medications
Knowledge: The incumbent will:
- Possess a basic knowledge of administrative functions including, interpersonal communications, office etiquette, and computer skills.
- Knowledge of psychiatric education and treatment of the chemically dependent population.
- Possess strong clinically ethical standards.
- Possess an intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office suite applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
- Knowledge of dual diagnosis Behavioral Health treatment practices
- Advanced knowledge of HIPAA regulations and CFR 42 requirements.
- Possess a basic understanding of report generation, and data interpretation.
Abilities: To excel in this position the incumbent should be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identify and resolve problems in efficient and effective ways.
- Ethics – Treat clients, staff, co-workers, visitors, contractors, and guests of Willow Springs Recovery with respect and dignity; work ethically and uphold the values and standards or Willow Springs Recovery.
- Attendance, Punctuality, Reliability – Arrive on-site, on-time, as scheduled, consistently with a professional disposition. Ensure all work responsibilities are covered in the event of an absence or scheduled vacation.
- Leadership – Constant development co-workers and clients, in effort to achieve each individual’s highest potential.
- Strong Character – Staying calm under pressure is essential. Having an approachable demeanor without compromising Willow Springs Standards of ethics and workmanship.
- Organization – Must be highly organized and efficient in managing the necessary daily client/staff demands and tasks associated with them.
- Patient Care – Excellent bedside manner and communication skills are essential handling clients and their cases.
Qualifications and Preferences:
- The following requirements and preferences will be evaluated and verified to establish employment eligibility.
- Associate degree in a medical field
- 2+ years of experience working for a healthcare practice or hospital
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Monarch Shores is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 /hour
License: Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) (Required)
Experience: relevant: 2 years (Preferred)
Schedule: Monday to Friday
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Night Shift
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day Shift