The Driver is responsible for assessing client needs and monitoring behavior while at the program. The Driver’s primary duty is to transport the client to and from destinations in a comfortable, safe and efficient manner. Meeting those goals entails additional responsibilities, tasks, knowledge and attention to detail.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists Transportation Supervisor in the provision of services to clients.
- Monitors the needs and behaviors of clients.
- Interacts with clients and document such interactions.
- Continues to learn about alcohol and/or drug abuse and alcoholism and the principles of recovery.
- Documents client activities of daily living.
- Maintains vehicle cleanliness and upkeep of program.
- Recognizes early signs of illness and the need for professional assistance and follow through & reports this to appropriate.
- Assists in the availability of community services and resources.
- Responds to emergencies and initiates action as required.
- Discusses significant events involving client’s activities with Transportation Manager.
- Follows HIPAA Regulations.
- Be awake during all shifts.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and trainings.
- Be safe while driving.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Essential Skills, and Abilities:
Abilities: To excel in this position the incumbent should be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – The incumbent will be able to identify and resolve problems in efficient and effective ways.
- Ethics – Treat clients, staff, co-workers, visitors, contractors, and guests of Monarch Shores with respect and dignity; work ethically and uphold the values and standards or Monarch Shores.
- Attendance, Punctuality, Reliability – Arrive on-site, on-time, as scheduled, consistently with a professional disposition. Ensure all work responsibilities are covered in the event of an absence or scheduled vacation.
- Leadership – The incumbent should be able to lead and direct end users
- Strong Character – Staying calm under pressure is essential. Having an approachable demeanor without compromising Monarch Shores Standards of ethics and workmanship.
- Organization – Must be highly organized and efficient in managing the necessary daily client/staff demands and tasks associated with them.
- Flexibility – Openness to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify one’s preferred way of doing things
Qualifications and Preferences:
- At least 6 months of sobriety if in recovery.
- Experience, knowledge or interest in chemical dependency and abuse.
- Valid California Driver’s License.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with diversity.
Monarch Shores is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.
Job Type: Full-time
- driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- driver’s license (Required)
- CDL Class A or B (Preferred)
Work Location:Multiple locations
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Weekends required
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- 8 hour shift