Licensed Vocational Nurse
The Licensed Vocational Nurse is responsible to maintain the daily medical needs and medication needs of all clients in Monarch Shores. The Licensed Vocational Nurse will maintain logs, counts, and client compliance of medications and monitoring for med adjustments. Communicate with staff all aspects of client health and medications. Communicate with families and pharmacy daily as needed. Provide staff education/training on medication and logging meds.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor the needs and behaviors of clients.
- Input relative orders into medical management software.
- Maintain an overview of the clients overall medical needs in relation to medication.
- Order new medication for continued care.
- Oversee and manage client medical needs.
- Complete intake procedures for new Admits.
- Interact with clients and their families/ significant others as needed and document such interactions.
- Investigate any irregularities and/or incidents on site.
- Document daily living activities of clients.
- Create and update educational documents for staff training and continued staff education.
- Follow up with other departments regarding ongoing client care and documentation.
- Follow all HIPAA regulations.
- Be awake during all shifts.
- Recognize individuals under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs and document as needed.
- Assist in the availability of community services and resources.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings.
- Respond well to emergencies and initiate action as required.
- Utilize principles of communicable disease prevention and control.
- Liaison for pharmacy for all current and future needs of clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possess a basic knowledge of administrative functions including, interpersonal communications, office etiquette, and computer skills.
- Possess strong work ethic and high standards of workmanship.
- Possess an introductory understanding of chemical dependency.
- Possess an introductory understanding of the 12-step process.
- Possess active listening skills in the ongoing development and education of residential treatment services.
- Basic knowledge of HIPPA compliance and privacy measures.
Qualifications and Preferences:
- Current Vocational Nursing (LVN) License required.
- Must have Addiction Medicine or Detox experience.
- At least two years of sobriety if in recovery.
- Experience or interest in chemical dependency and abuse.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with diversity.
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Monarch Shores is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.Job Type: Full-timeLicense: LVN (Required)
Experience:nursing: 1 year (Required)
Schedule: Monday to Friday
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
- Relocation Assistance Provided: No