The Therapist is responsible for assessing and monitoring client behavior while in treatment for chemical and alcohol abuse and dependency. In collaboration with the Clinical Director, the Therapist is responsible for documenting client behavior, group participation and counseling; caring for clients, and coordinating treatment and discharge planning. Therapists will also be providing crisis management, counseling, group therapies and education for the clients and family/significant others in therapeutic milieu setting.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide assessment and participates in the treatment planning with clients and their families/significant others.
- Interview residents to obtain information concerning social history, treatment and other pertinent information.
- Observe residents to detect indications of abnormal physical or mental behavior.
- Review results of tests given by psychologists to evaluate residents’ needs.
- Change method and degree of therapy when indicated by resident reactions/needs.
- Discuss progress toward goals with residents.
- Plan and administer therapeutic treatment, behavior modification, and stress management therapy.
- Complete and maintain individual and group counseling notes and documentations.
- Develop and implement appropriate discharge planning with resident, family, and placing agency.
- Develop and maintain positive relationship with external customers, families and residents and employees.
- Assist Clinical Director in the coordination of services for clients.
- Assist and facilitate discharge planning and community outreach.
- Initiate, facilitate and promote on-site activities, therapeutic support and educational groups, outings and community meetings.
- Provide education for clients and significant others.
- Respond to emergencies and initiate action as required.
- Record significant events involving client’s activities.
- Respond to client complaints.
- Attend and participate in staff meeting and trainings.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge: Therapist will:
- Possess extensive knowledge of HIPAA.
- Possess experience and education in chemical and alcohol dependency and abuse.
- Possess extensive experience with crisis management.
Abilities: To excel in this position the Therapist should be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – The Therapist will be able to identify and resolve problems in efficient and effective ways.
- Ethics – Treat clients, staff, co-workers, visitors, contractors, and guests of Monarch Shores with respect and dignity; work ethically and uphold the values and standards or Monarch Shores.
- Attendance, Punctuality, Reliability – Arrive on-site, on-time, as scheduled, consistently with a professional disposition. Ensure all work responsibilities are covered in the event of an absence or scheduled vacation.
- Leadership – The Therapist should be able to lead and direct with minimal supervision when necessary.
- Strong Character – Staying calm under pressure is essential. Having an approachable demeanor without compromising Monarch Shores Standards of ethics and workmanship.
- Organization – Must be highly organized and efficient in managing the necessary daily client/staff demands and tasks associated with them.
- Flexibility – Openness to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify one’s preferred way of doing things
Qualifications and Preferences:
- Master’s Level Therapist: LMHC, LMFT, LCSW, MFTi, OR Associate’s Level Therapist: APCC, ACSW, AMFT.
- Experience with education of chemical and alcohol dependency and abuse.
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification.
Monarch Shores is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.
Job Type: Full-time
- Chemical and Alcohol Dependency and Abuse: 3 years (Required)
- California (Required)
- LMFT, LCSW, MFTi or LMHC (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Weekends required
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- 8 hour shift