The Cook is responsible for providing the best possible nutritional experience for our clients possible. The Cook is responsible for assembling delicious meals and monitoring the experience of the clients. Under the supervision of the Kitchen Manager, the Cook is responsible for ensuring quality food handling, preparation and efficiency are kept in the highest regard.
- Work with kitchen staff on meal plans, schedules, ordering and receiving, as well as other kitchen and food preparation related items.
- Prepare all food supplies including snacks; ready for the daily needs of Mountain Springs Recovery.
- Set up and stock stations with all necessary supplies.
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces) – Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff.
- 2-5 Years of experience cooking in a culinary department.
- Valid Food Handlers Certificate or willing to obtain.
- Experience working with eating disorders/ recovery is a plus.
- Detail oriented, and willingness to follow directions.
- Ability to work with a team efficiently.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 – $18.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Restaurant experience: 1 year (Required)
- One location
Work Location: One location.