Mountain Springs Recovery is dedicated to helping people overcome their struggles with substance abuse. Our centers are staffed with experts who utilize tried and true methods to help every person’s addiction story end with a sobriety that is sustainable. We at Mountain Springs Recovery understand that every person’s journey into addiction is unique.
If you believe that you have the experience and drive to assist people on their journey to sobriety, Mountain Springs Recovery may be the perfect place for you. We pride ourselves on having a complete and diverse staff that utilizes their skills to help provide a high-quality treatment experience.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. The Group Therapist will provide assessments and participate in the treatment planning with clients and their families/significant others.
2. Group Therapist will interview clients to obtain information concerning social history, treatment and other pertinent information.
3. Observe clients to detect indications of abnormal physical or mental behavior.
4. Review results of tests given by the Psychiatrist to evaluate clients’ needs.
5. Change method and degree of therapy when indicated by client reactions/needs as well as when indicated by the Clinical Director.
6. Group Therapist will review client chart for completion of all paperwork with appropriate signatures. Complete any paperwork and get any missing signatures from the client. Follow the chart table of contents and check off all documents currently in the client chart.
7. Bio Psych Social Assessment and Treatment plan created with the client. After completion both documents will be signed and dated by the client and the therapist.
8. Ensure the client orientation is present and reviewed by the client, the Receipt of Client Handbook filed in the client’s chart will confirm this. If receipt is missing, review entire Client Handbook with the client to ensure the client has a clear understanding of the rules, policies, and schedule. Client should also understand the communication hierarchy and where to go with their various issues/concerns.
9. Contact family immediately and set up a schedule of communication for the remainder of treatment. Family should be informed that the Group Therapist will call in the next week after meeting with the client.
10. Complete notes for every group and interaction and document in the EMR. All group notes and notes for individual client meetings should stay current in the chart within 24 hours of occurrence.
11. Discuss progress toward goals with residents such as medication regiment, family relationships, educational programs, social development, discharge plans or other behavioral problems.
12. Group Therapist and Clinical Director must work in conjunction for the development of treatment plans, upkeep of charts, assuring documentation is current with both group and individual sessions. Chart reviews will be conducted daily.
13. Plan and administer therapeutic treatment, behavior modification, and stress management therapy to assist clients’ in developing/displaying appropriate behaviors.
14. Develop and implement appropriate discharge planning with clients, family, and placing agency. This process should be started from day one.
15. Develop and maintain positive relationship with external customers, families and employees.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PREFERENCES:
The following requirements and preferences will be evaluated and verified to establish employment eligibility.
1. Valid License or Certification at or above CAC-II, CAC-III or LAC Required.
2. Master’s degree preferred.
3. 1-3 Year of experience utilizing Microsoft Excel at an advanced level.
4. Past experience working with medical records is a plus.
5. Individual Licensure requirements and scope of practice must be maintained.