Vice President, Human Resources
Seeking an HR leadership role where you can provide strategic guidance and have the opportunity to roll-up your sleeves to establish processes, policies, and procedures? Are you energized by the thought of developing strong partnerships in order to provide trusted advice and counsel within a growing organization? With Sunshine Behavioral Health, you can make a real impact!
Sunshine Behavioral Health is a leader in recovery. Our mission is to provide the highest quality substance abuse treatment services and deliver them with passion, integrity, and company spirit. Through our programs, individuals receive the tools to overcome their alcohol/drug dependencies and learn to manage co-occurring disorders.
The Vice President of Human Resources (HRVP) will advise the CEO and Executive Team on all matters relating to the effective leadership of the human capital of the organization in support of the organization’s overall business plan and strategic direction. The HRVP is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the department, including: talent management, recruiting, leadership development, employee engagement, employee relations, payroll, benefits, worker’s compensation, leave of absences, total rewards, performance management, succession planning, HR policies, labor federal and state compliance, and project management.
To excel in this position the HRVP should be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
1. Strong ability to develop trusting, productive relationships with business partners
2. Demonstrate self-awareness and organizational savvy
3. Talent Acquisition for all levels of the organization (front line to executive)
4. Experience driving and supporting company culture strategy and initiatives
5. Able to identify and resolve problems and conflicts in an efficient and effective way
6. Able to identify areas in need of process improvement, gain stakeholder buy-in for proposed solutions and manage associated projects.
7. Ability to optimize personal and departmental work processes to manage multiple priorities
8. Treat clients, staff, co-workers, visitors, contractors, and guests of Sunshine Behavioral Health with respect and dignity; work ethically and uphold the values and standards of Sunshine Behavioral Health
9. Able to lead and direct entire Human Resources Department and other staff members as needed
10. Staying calm under pressure is essential. Having an approachable demeanor without compromising Sunshine Behavioral Health Standards of ethics and workmanship.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PREFERENCES:
1. BA/BS degree with a concentration in Business Administration with an emphasis in human resources preferred. Additional Human Resources Certification a plus
2. At least five years of directly related, human resources experience; excellent knowledge in Federal, and California wage and hour and leave laws
3. Significant experience working with HRIS and Applicant Tracking Systems; implementation/SME experience a plus
4. Experience with Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO), state, federal, and other relevant audits highly preferred
5. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills; ability to analyze situations, make independent decisions, prioritize to meet deadlines, work under pressure, and be a team player
6. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Payroll management systems ADP/Paychex
7. High level of objectivity, tact, and diplomacy to establish and maintain and effective on-going relationship between management, employees, vendors and outside resources
8. Able to travel to all company facilities to lead HR related activities, develop business knowledge/acumen, and build partnerships
Sunshine Behavioral Health is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.
Colorado Residents: The salary range for this position is $180,000 – $230,000. Compensation is based on multiple factors including experience, education, relevant skills, and competencies. In addition to salary, a comprehensive benefits package including health and dental insurance, 401k, and paid time off are available.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $180,000.00 – $230,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- Are you aware that this position is located in Monument, Colorado?
Work Location: One location