Director of Nursing
The Director of Nursing is responsible for providing the medical oversight of Willow Springs Recovery’ Detoxification and Residential Programs. The Director of Nursing oversees and supervises the onsite medical staff which is made up of RN’s and LVN’s. This includes ensuring timely implementation, reporting, and documentation of a variety of functions including safety, quality improvement, and compliance standards of daily client care. The Director of Nursing also performs direct services to clients including medication administration, education of prescribed medications, processing of labs, executes initial detox treatment plans under the supervision of the medical director and group facilitation as needed. The Director of Nursing’s position is responsible for signing off on all behavioral health services administered by the RN’s and LVN’s. The Director of Nursing will lead weekly with the RN’s & LVN’s to provide information and education to ensure all services are delivered appropriately within each scope of practice.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and provide appropriate detox services, prescribed medication education, and execution of orders given by the providers.
- Participation in Initial Detox treatment planning and discharge planning.
- Complete medical record documentation in a timely manner.
- Adherence to facility policy and procedures, State and Federal law.
- Consults with the physician regarding patient health care plans and treatment.
- Participates in diagnostic test orders to help providers identify and assess the patient’s clinical problems and health care needs.
- Complies with medical records policies regarding the complete and accurate documentation of patient care. Initiates and maintains required records and legal documents.
- Participates in quality improvement activities.
- Educates patients about health and illness’ and promotes health maintenance
- Collaborates with the clinical team regarding the patient’s treatment, health and illness prevention.
- Maintains and reviews patients records, charts and other pertinent information. Posts test and examination results daily
- Administers medications, provides vaccinations and renders treatment to clients.
- Communicates with providers, RN’s, LVN’s, and medical professionals ensuring a continuum of care for each client.
- Considers the age of the client and emotional stability when determining appropriate treatments.
- Respond to inquiries, concerns and complaints from clients and their parents, spouses or guardians as needed.
- Oversee and maintain the tracking of medical supplies and inventory.
- Observe and record client behavior as needed or directed.
The incumbent will:
- Possess a basic knowledge of administrative functions including, interpersonal communications, office etiquette, and computer skills.
- Advanced knowledge of psychiatric education and treatment of the chemically dependent population.
- Possess strong clinically ethical standards.
- Possess an intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office suite applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
- Knowledge of dual diagnosis treatment practices including non-pharmacological symptom management techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of HIPAA regulations and CFR 42 requirements.
- Possess a basic understanding of report generation, graphical analysis, and data interpretation.
- Possess effectiveness in building/organizing department trainings, group curriculum and quality control standards within the medical department.
To excel in this position the incumbent should be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identify and resolve problems in efficient and effective ways.
- Ethics – Treat clients, staff, co-workers, visitors, contractors, and guests of Willow Springs Recovery with respect and dignity; work ethically and uphold the values and standards or Willow Springs Recovery.
- Attendance, Punctuality, Reliability – Arrive on-site, on-time, as scheduled, consistently with a professional disposition. Ensure all work responsibilities are covered in the event of an absence or scheduled vacation.
- Leadership – Constant development of staff, co-workers and clients, in effort to achieve each individual’s highest potential.
- Strong Character – Staying calm under pressure is essential. Having an approachable demeanor without compromising Willow Springs Standards of ethics and workmanship.
- Organization – Must be highly organized and efficient in managing the necessary daily client/staff demands and tasks associated with them.
- Patient Care – Excellent bedside manner and communication skills are essential handling clients and their cases.
Qualifications and Preferences:
The following requirements and preferences will be evaluated and verified to establish employment eligibility.
- 3-5 Years of nursing experience, preferably in the chemically dependent population.
- 1-3 Years of management preferred
- 1-3 Year of experience utilizing Microsoft Excel at an advanced level.
- Current RN & NP Licensures with emphasis in Psychiatric.
- Past experience working with medical records is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
- Valid registered nursing license in the state of Texas
- Utilization Review experience is a plus.
- Ability to explain treatments and conditions to clients of all ages.
- Working knowledge of healthcare laws and regulations.
- Willow Springs is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.