The Maintenance Manager is responsible for ensuring and supervising the work activities of the maintenance personnel to ensure well-functioning, clean, orderly, and attractive facilities at Willow Springs Recovery. The Maintenance Manager is responsible for maintaining the functionality of the operational aspects of the program. The Maintenance Manager will assign duties to supervised or contracted workers, inspect work for quality/safety, investigate facility complaints, ensure all maintenance requests are completed in a timely manner and maintain all facility documentation logs. The Maintenance Manager will work closely with and under the supervision of the Office Manager and Executive Director. The maintenance team is ultimately responsible for the aesthetics and safety of Willow Springs Recovery.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages reliability of best practices, preventative, predictive and emergency maintenance of production and facilities equipment.
- Ensures optimum efficiency of production equipment and develops Key Performance Indicator’s
- Plans and schedules maintenance activities on a daily basis
- Manages automation and support using Maintenance Request forms and email support system
- Tracks and manages utilities both usage and Implement energy savings projects
- Manages general building maintenance
- Manages, develops and specifies vendor contracts for site support/work.
- Manages the safety, quality, cost, delivery and environmental outcomes of all contract work onsite.
- Manages maintenance storage and inventory
- Manages site Security
- Daily involvement with production of physical plant operations
- Works with department Managers/Supervisors to identify and recommend new methods to improve systems performance.
- Manage projects including planning, justification, implementation
- Assists Office Manager and Executive Director with developing, justifying and tracking capital and expense project plans, budgets and timelines for the facility
- Manages/Assists in the implementation of installations of new projects.
- Maintains equipment specifications and verifies all installations adhere to specifications
- Manages vendors and works with purchasing to obtain quotes and initiate purchase requests.
- Supervises/schedules and assigns work to meet completion dates.
- Partner with the Compliance and Executive Directors to ensure regulatory compliance with State, Federal and Local authorities
- Emergency coordination/response for the facility
- Partner with the Compliance and Executive Directors to ensure safety rules and regulations are in compliance
- Responsible for working with Compliance and Executive Directors to maintain Quality, Environmental and Safety certifications.
- Leads a diverse group of Maintenance Assistants to service the facility
- Develops, Coaches and mentors staff as appropriate to improve performance, skill and talent.
- Evaluate performance of subordinates and the department through performance appraisals.
- Employee corrective measures when required
- Develops metrics and ensures performance of areas within scope of influence
The incumbent will:
- Possess a basic knowledge of administrative functions including, interpersonal communications, office etiquette, and computer skills.
- Possess strong work ethic and high standards of workmanship.
- Possess an intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office suite applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
- Possess a basic understanding of report generation, graphical analysis, and data interpretation.
- Possess effectiveness in building/organizing department trainings and quality control standards within the operations department.
To excel in this position the incumbent should be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identify and resolve problems in efficient and effective ways.
- Ethics – Treat clients, staff, co-workers, visitors, contractors, and guests of Willow Springs Recovery with respect and dignity; work ethically and uphold the values and standards of Willow Springs Recovery.
- Attendance, Punctuality, Reliability – Arrive on-site, on-time, as scheduled, consistently with a professional disposition. Ensure all work responsibilities are covered in the event of an absence or scheduled vacation.
- Leadership – Constant development of staff, co-workers and clients, in effort to achieve each individual’s highest potential.
- Strong Character – Staying calm under pressure is essential. Having an approachable demeanor without compromising Willow Springs Standards of ethics and workmanship.
- Flexibility – Openness to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify one’s preferred way of doing things
- Organization – Must be highly organized and efficient in managing the necessary daily client/staff demands and tasks associated with them.
Qualifications and Preferences:
The following requirements and preferences will be evaluated and verified to establish employment eligibility.
- At least One year of sobriety if in recovery.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field; is preferred – however, can be substituted for work experience
- 5 to 7 years of progressive experience in Maintenance and Facilities role.
- Experience in equipment repair, maintenance and reliability best practices
- Customer-oriented and friendly.
- Prioritization and time management skills
- Working quickly without compromising quality
- Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance.
- Understanding of Occupational Health regulations and Company procedures
- Understanding of Fire Codes and Building Codes
- Understanding of Environmental regulations and experience dealing with regulators
- Have dependable transportation
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with diversity.\
- Current CPR & First Aid Certification.
Willow Springs is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.