The Operations Director is responsible for providing the operational oversight of Willow Springs Recovery’ Detoxification, Residential, and Therapeutic Programs. The Operations Director overseas and supervises the operations staff which is made up of Behavioral Health Technicians. This includes ensuring timely implementation, reporting, and documentation of a variety of functions including safety, quality improvement, and compliance standards. The Operations Director position is responsible for supervising/approving all behavioral health services administered by the operations team. The Operations Director will lead weekly staff meetings and adjusts the work schedules as needed to meet the programs needs and required staff to client ratios by Texas Department of Health Care Services.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directing the operations to include continuous performance improvement and programs/services that meet the standards established by Willow Springs Recovery and Joint Commission.
- Ensuring an attractive, therapeutic, safe, and healthful environment for clients/employees.
- Ensuring appropriate agency, state and federal regulation, license, and accreditation requirements are current and on file.
- Developing a mechanism to evaluate current needs, trends, and assumptions regarding the appropriate marketplace.
- Supporting the functions and provides the necessary guidance required to promote recruitment, development and retention of quality personnel and management staff.
- Actively supporting and, if required, developing comprehensive training programs for all employees and independent contractors.
- Developing a planning process to address strategic planning including financial planning, program goals, Human Resources plans short- and long-term physical plant requirements.
- Establishing a monitoring system to review programmatic and financial performance, census, and staffing compared to approved operating and strategic plans.
- Implementing a team concept among staff as well as internally with regional corporate personnel.
- Developing and managing a risk management program, and monitors trends to pro-actively implement strategies to ensure safety and welfare and reduce recurrence.
- Involved in all aspects of program development, training, and management, both clinically and administratively. Oversees the agency’s compliance standards and quality improvement programs.
- Developing a highly effective team of client advocates.
- Ensures SRR exceeds Willow Springs Recovery accreditation and regulatory standards.
- Exhibits exceptional communication skills.
- Exceptional fiscal management utilizing industry trends, metrics, and sound expense controls.
- Leads all business-related activity to achieve Willow Springs Recovery’s vision. Supports its strategies and assures that the company image as an ethical and high-quality provider of health services is developed and maintained.
- Communicate with families and referral sources in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
- Completes annual and probationary Client Advocate performance reviews.
- Responsible for scheduling of Clinical staff to ensure consistent program/client coverage.
- Responsible for the retention, discipline, evaluation, and training of all Client Advocates.
- Attends interdisciplinary meetings.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge:The incumbent will:
- Possess a basic knowledge of administrative functions including, interpersonal communications, office etiquette, and computer skills.
- Advanced knowledge of 12-step treatment model and its application in residential treatment.
- Possess strong work ethic and high standards of workmanship.
- Possess an intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office suite applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
- Knowledge of dual diagnosis treatment practices including non-pharmacological symptom management techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of HIPAA regulations and CFR 42 requirements.
- Possess a basic understanding of report generation, graphical analysis, and data interpretation.
- Possess effectiveness in building/organizing department trainings and quality control standards within the operations department.
Abilities:To excel in this position the incumbent should be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Generate complex and/or diverse information, data, research, or designs. Design work flows and procedure based on identified strategies and fields.
- Problem Solving – Identify and resolve problems in efficient and effective ways.
- Ethics – Treat clients, staff, co-workers, visitors, contractors, and guests of Mountain Springs Recovery with respect and dignity; work ethically and uphold the values and standards of Mountain Springs Recovery.
- Attendance, Punctuality, Reliability – Arrive on-site, on-time, as scheduled, consistently with a professional disposition. Ensure all work responsibilities are covered in the event of an absence or scheduled vacation.
- Leadership – Constant development of staff, co-workers and clients, in effort to achieve each individual’s highest potential.
- Strong Character – Staying calm under pressure is essential. Having an approachable demeanor without compromising Mountain Springs Standards of ethics and workmanship.
- Organization – Must be highly organized and efficient in managing the necessary daily client/staff demands and tasks associated with them.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PREFERENCES:The following requirements and preferences will be evaluated and verified to establish employment eligibility.
- Bachelors Degree Required.
- 5 Years of experience in managing/building operational teams and training’s.
- 1-3 Year of experience utilizing Microsoft Excel at an advanced level.
- Past experience working with medical records is a plus.
- Utilization Review experience is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $61,387.00 to $75,029.00 /year
- operations management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
Willow Springs is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.