Drug and Alcohol Resources in Loveland
Loveland City, the second most populous municipality in Larimer County, CO is facing the impact of the global problem on substance use and national epidemic on opioid overdose. Crimes investigated by the Loveland Police Department remain to be tied with the use of illegal substances. In April of 2018, the Larimer County Sheriff’s Office said the operations on drug trafficking spans to areas including Loveland.
Despite the fact that the number of overdose deaths in Larimer County dropped from 61 in 2013 to 39 in 2016, Larimer County still took the 7th spot in the counties with the highest number of fatal drug overdoses in that year. The state of Colorado, where Loveland is located, was also recently listed among the top 20 states with the biggest drug problem.
Drug abuse in Loveland, CO
More people are also in need of substance abuse treatment. Loveland City 76,701 population is at risk from the dangers of substance use disorders as the state of Colorado itself recorded an increasing number of deaths tied to the use of synthetic opioids. Data from the Colorado Department of Public Health showed that Colorado’s rate of a fatal drug overdose is 16.1 deaths for every 100,000 persons in 2016, which translates to an 83 percent increase of the rate of deaths due to a drug overdose from the recorded 8.8 deaths for every 100,000 population in 2001. With this statistics on drug use in the US and state-wide in Colorado, it is no doubt that many people are in need of treatment offered by either drug rehab Loveland or rehabilitation facilities in Loveland.
Alcohol Abuse in Loveland, CO
Aside from drugs, alcohol use disorder also affects the residents in Loveland, CO. Alcohol treatment centers Loveland witnessed Colorado’s growing problem on alcohol abuse. Colorado is one of the 20 states which were recorded to have a high binge drinking rate among adults. Nationwide, the problem with binge drinking or excessive drinking is alarming with 26.9 percent of American adults aged 18 and above engaging in excessive drinking the past month, according to the 2015 data from the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism. Overall, government data shows that in 2015, there were 15.1 million adults who suffered from alcohol use disorder and those needing help from an alcohol rehab in Loveland.
Larimer County, on the other hand, recorded a rate of 353.13 persons for every 100,000 population who had to visit the emergency room due to abuse of alcohol in 2016. Meanwhile, the county’s rate of hospitalization due to alcohol abuse is 154.74 for every 100,000 population.
Help for Loveland college students
Aside from Loveland rehabilitation centers or a drug rehab in Loveland, there are colleges in and around Loveland City that are implementing programs intended for students suffering from substance abuse. One of these schools is the Front Range Community College. In Loveland, the school’s campus located in S. Taft Avenue provides information on the negative effects of drug and alcohol use to students, school staff, including the members of the faculty. The school’s Advising, Career and Counseling Departments provide college students with a resource guide on drug and alcohol abuse.
Getting treatment from rehab facilities in Loveland, CO
There are several rehabs in Loveland which offer various treatment programs for alcohol and drug rehabilitation, types of treatment include:
- 12-step rehab – Loveland drug rehab centers offer 12-step rehab uses a method similar to Loveland AA meetings where patients use the 12 step guide to addiction recovery.
- Non 12 step rehab in Loveland -Loveland rehab centers also offer non-12 step rehab for those who do not prefer the method used by the AA.
- Dual diagnosis rehab in Loveland – Most Loveland rehab facilities offer dual diagnosis rehab treatment help patients who suffer from a co-occurring mental disorder and substance addiction.
- Luxury rehab in Loveland – Luxury treatment centers in Loveland provide secured facilities, uses modern technology and offer high-end amenities for patients who want a more executive environment.
- Detox in Loveland – A Loveland drug rehab center also includes a detox center. Loveland patients with substance use disorders can get a safe procedure on detoxification from these facilities. Most drug rehab centers in Loveland, on the other hand, offer medical detox. Loveland medical experts use medications to help the patients manage the uncomfortable symptoms of withdrawal from a substance during this method.
- SMART Recovery Meetings in Loveland – SMART Recovery programs are also offered in some rehab centers Loveland to equip the patients with knowledge on how to cope with addiction and managing the triggers and cravings that come with it.
There are also organizations that help people cope with addiction such as:
- Alcoholics Anonymous Loveland (AA Loveland)
- Narcotics Anonymous Loveland (NA Loveland)
Paying for treatment in a drug rehab Loveland, CO
The payment for treatment in rehab centers in Loveland is usually covered by a patient’s insurance. If a patient has no insurance or has not enough funds to pay for the treatment in rehab centers in Loveland, he or she can still get the help they need from one of the following options:
- Government help such as Medicaid
- Payment plans
- Addiction recovery program assistance
- Loans from friends and/or family
There is also a lot of help for the residents, particularly for college students in Loveland City aside from treatments offered by Loveland rehabilitation centers or a drug rehab in Loveland. Schools like the University of Colorado Boulder and Colorado College offer free counseling services and wellness spaces on campus to help students avoid or manage both substance use disorders and mental health issues.