Drug and Alcohol Resources in Pueblo
According to the 2016 report of the Colorado Health Institute, Colorado had 912 deaths related to a drug overdose in 2016, a greater number than the previous year. Also, though not final, it also showed that the overdose-related deaths rose to 959 in the latter part of 2017. This means that for every 100,000 Colorado residents, 16.1 dies of drug overdose, an alarming 83 percent increase from the 8.8 rates in 2001. These huge numbers are all contributory factors to the equally increasing efforts to increase the number of Pueblo drug rehab centers and alcohol treatment centers Pueblo.
In a survey shared by the Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality, SAMHSA, it was also revealed that Colorado ranked second to Alaska in terms of frequency of illicit drug use for both 12 years old and above and 18-25 years old age bracket.
In the case of Pueblo County, KKTV 11 News reported in January of this year that there was an alarming spike in Fentanyl-related deaths. Fentanyl is a synthetic opioid used to relieve one from severe pain, like the kind of pain experienced by cancer patients. Unfortunately, people are not using this medication for its intended purpose.
In an article shared by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Fentanyl is sometimes combined with cocaine or heroin with or without the user’s consent to heighten and strengthen its euphoric effects. Given this fact, those who buy their drugs on the streets don’t know what exactly they are taking, thus, contributing greatly to overdose deaths. With this alarming news on the widespread use and abuse of illicit substances in Pueblo, there’s no denying that the community itself needs help from rehab facilities in Pueblo.
Issues and Commonly Abused Substances in Pueblo, CO
Just in August of this year, KRDO, a local news agency in Pueblo reported a surprising and disturbing trend of increase in the use of heroin and meth in Pueblo. In a span of five years, meth use ballooned to more than 100%, while heroin use increased by 300%.
Many residents of the city expressed their unpleasant feelings towards finding syringes in their front yards. On the surface, the neighborhood may seem undisturbed, quaint, and quiet. However, once you get deeper, you’ll realize how bad the situation really is.
According to residents, the action starts soon after 9 in the evening. When they wake up in the morning, they see foil, needles, and other drug paraphernalia lying on their lawns and all around their neighborhood. In fact, in the very same report released by KRDO, a video clip was attached showing dozens of young people lying on the grass next to their respective houses during a drug bust. 5 years ago, there were only 148 cases of meth possession. This number has grown more than double now.
Substance Abuse Centers for College Students in Pueblo, CO
As for crisis intervention with alcohol use and abuse, Pueblo Community College hosts a program wherein, through Project Access Program Navigator, they provide awareness programs and education dissemination campaigns to address the dangers and effects of alcohol use. They also have the same program for students having issues with drug abuse.
They have partnered with Pueblo Diocese Catholic Charities and the Colorado Department of Social Services for these programs. Should a student feel the need for intervention, he can visit the college’ Student Center at Room 241. Pueblo college students can also contact a Pueblo rehab center for assistance.
Treatment Programs offered by Pueblo Rehab Facilities
As with other cities in Colorado, Pueblo is home to addiction treatment programs and substance abuse treatment Pueblo. The six main treatment programs offered are —- detox treatment offered by rehab centers Pueblo, dual diagnosis treatment offered by rehab facilities in Colorado, 12 steps program, non-12 step program, luxury rehab treatment, and Faith treatment programs.
- Medical Detox: In this kind of treatment program, the patients are prepared for the main treatment by removing toxins and chemicals from their bodies. Though detox is not necessarily a pre-requisite to any forms of addiction treatment in drug rehab Pueblo CO, the importance of detox can’t be undermined. During this stage, doctors may prescribe medications to help the patients deal with the adverse effects of withdrawal.
- 12 Step Program: This type of treatment program adheres to the tenets and principles followed by Alcoholics Anonymous.
- Non-12 Step Rehab: This specific program offered by Pueblo drug rehab is best for those who are not comfortable with the principles adhered by groups like Alcoholics Anonymous Pueblo and Narcotics Anonymous Pueblo. This treatment program is more centered on the values of personal commitment, responsibility, and self-motivation as aids in recovery.
- Dual Diagnosis Rehab: This treatment program offered by drug rehab Pueblo for patients who are suffering from addiction but also struggle with a co-occurring mental health condition. Both conditions are treated simultaneously to get to the bottom of the patient’s addiction causes.
- Luxury Rehab – This kind of treatment offered in drug rehab in Pueblo allows patients to bring their devices like smartphones and laptops inside rehab in Pueblo so that they can still connect with other people even if they’re admitted in a treatment center in Pueblo.
- Faith Programs: This treatment program offered in Pueblo rehab is best for patients who believe that their addiction has separated them from their faith. Through this program, they can help them regain their spiritual awakening to help them cope up with their addiction.
- SMART Recovery Meetings : When a patient joins a SMART Recovery program in a rehab, he will get an opportunity to join therapy sessions with other people who are also struggling with substance addiction. It motivates patients to continue treatment and helps them cope with urges.
Aside from these three major treatment programs offered by Pueblo rehab centers and Pueblo treatment centers, rehab Pueblo also endorses the following group therapy sessions and treatment programs:
- NA Pueblo
- Pueblo AA meetings – AA Pueblo
- Alcohol Rehab Pueblo
After rehab, as for of aftercare, patients may attend specific sessions with a licensed counselor and medical practitioner or might also be encouraged to join AA meetings Pueblo, NA meetings in Pueblo, or SMART Recovery meetings in Pueblo. Aside from those who have graduated from the inpatient program of rehab center Pueblo, outpatient treatment is also ideal for those who have a strong and solid support system at home and for those who are working.
How to Pay for Rehab in Colorado
Getting help for any kind of addiction shouldn’t be an issue of whether or not you can afford it. You need this treatment, so payment for the same shouldn’t be your main concern. Even if getting treatment from alcohol treatment center or drug rehab can be quite challenging, know that there are various ways in which you can pay for drug rehab.
Fortunately, most of the well-known and top caliber rehab facilities in Colorado, along with detox center accept private health insurance as a mode of payment. The first thing you need to do is to have your insurance verified with your insurer so that you’ll know if they will pay for your treatment in rehab center in Colorado
Aside from verification, also find out which of the recovery services your insurer will authorize and what programs they cover. The good thing with most centers for detox in Colorado and with rehab centers, in general, is that they can assist the patient to verify with their insurer if these services and treatment programs are covered.