Centennial Rehab Centers | Top Rehabs in Centennial, Colorado
Despite being the most-friendly city in the state of Colorado, Centennial City is still faced with the global problem of substance use disorders. Centennial drug rehab centers are witnessing the rising number of alcohol abuse and drug overdose deaths in the city, which is located in the southern metropolitan area of Denver and is entirely within Arapahoe County.
Alcohol Abuse in Centennial, CO
A growing number of people with the alcohol use disorder are also in need of more alcohol treatment centers in Centennial. Alcohol abuse is also among the top three preventable causes of death annually, it also remains as the most popular substance used by adults and adolescents in Centennial, CO. According to the 2016 report published by the Tri-County Health Department of Adams, Arapahoe, and Douglas, the three counties’ rates of binge drinking among young people reflect the nationwide figure.
Data from the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism showed that in 2015, 86.4 percent of Americans who are aged 18 years old and above drank alcohol at least once in their lives. In the same year, 26.9 percent of adults aged 18 years and older have engaged in excessive drinking or binge drinking in the past month.
As a result, there are about 15.1 million adults who had alcohol use disorder recorded in 2015. State-wide, Colorado is among the top 20 states which have the highest binge drinking rates among adults and over the past 10 years, the issue of excessive drinking remained stable in the three counties.
Drug Abuse in Centennial, CO
Aside from alcohol, the other substances most abused are prescription drugs, especially opiates. Rehab Centers in Centennial are now reaching out to more patients as deaths due to the use of synthetic opioids have notably increased in Colorado. From 52 in 2012, the number rose to 72 in 2016. According to the Colorado Department of Public Health, Colorado has a rate of 16.1 deaths due to a drug overdose per 100,000 population, which marked an 83 percent increase from only 8.8 recorded deaths for every 100,000 residents in 2001.
In 2016, the Tri-County Health Department of Adams, Arapahoe, and Douglas also reported that falls and unintentional poisoning, which largely includes drug overdoses, is the third leading cause of death. The deaths due to drug overdose sharply rose to comprise 55 percent of all deaths categorized as unintentional poisonings and a lot of patients need to get help from drug rehab Centennial. Nationwide statistics bared the severity of the substance abuse problem across the United States and drug rehab centers in Centennial are also facing Colorado’s problem on drug abuse as it reaches alarming numbers based on data from the National Institute of Drug Abuse.
Aside from alcohol and drug abuse, the western state of CO also recorded an increased number of deaths due to heroin use. From 91 cases recorded in 2012, the number of deaths due to heroin use rose to 234 in 2016. Recently, Colorado was listed among WalletHub’s Top 12 States with the Biggest Drug Problem. Rehab centers Centennial are faced with a growing number of patients more than ever as Colorado recorded 536 deaths due to opioid overdose. The rate shows there are 9.5 opioid overdose-related deaths per 100,000 population. The national rate is 13.3 deaths in every 100,000 persons.
Prevention of substance abuse on Colorado campuses
Drug use and overdoses are an issue that students face in colleges near Centennial. For example, in 2017 a freshmen died of overdose in the University of Denver.
A number of schools in Colorado are stepping up the fight against substance abuse and mental health illnesses. At the University of Colorado Boulder, students and their families are provided counseling about substance abuse when needed. The university also has a 24-hour crisis hotline for those who need to talk to experts. Emotional wellness is also promoted in Colorado College. The school also offers a venue to promote Substance Free communities to students and help them abstain from substance use.
Substance abuse treatment Centennial
To help patients recover from substance use disorder rehab centers in Centennial offer various types of treatments, including:
- Medical Detox Centennial: In a Detox Center Centennial, patients are cared for by medical practitioners in a safe detoxification process to flush out toxins from the body. When undergoing detox in Centennial, medically-assisted type of treatment helps a patient manage the uncomfortable symptoms linked to substance withdrawal.
- 12 Steps Program: Several treatment centers in Centennial use the 12 step treatment used by the Alcoholics Anonymous Centennial. For those with drug use disorders, there are also NA meetings in Centennial held by Narcotics Anonymous Centennial. NA Centennial and AA meetings in Centennial guide patients to recovery with the help of one of the most preferred types of treatment.
- Non 12 Step Programs: 12 Step programs are not right for everyone. Some people become extremely frustrated with these types of programs. The non 12 Step programs still focus on helping people live a clean, sober, and recovering lifestyle. By using therapies that are evidence-based, addicts can overcome their addiction. Therapies such as cognitive behavioral therapy, TMS therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, group therapy, individual therapy, neuro feedback, and other non 12 step programs have helped addicts live a clean and sober lifestyle.
- Dual Diagnosis Programs: Centennial rehabilitation centers provide a dual diagnosis treatment to patients with a co-occurring disorder. Centennial rehab facilities need to address a dual diagnosis to effectively treat patients suffering from both substance addiction and mental health disorders.
- SMART Recovery Meetings in Centennial: When a patient joins a SMART Recovery program in a rehab in Centennial, he will get an opportunity to join therapy sessions with other people who are also struggling with substance addiction. It motivates patients to continue treatment and helps them cope with urges.
- Faith Rehab: If your drug abuse has led you away from your faith, you may wish to go back to being more spiritually aware during your recovery from addiction. This is where a Faith drug rehab can be helpful.
- Luxury rehab in Centennial: For those who can afford treatment in an executive environment, they may seek help from a Centennial treatment center that offers luxury rehab. These types of rehab facilities Centennial provide high-end amenities and 24/7 security. ties and Colorado Treatment Center
Paying for drug rehab in Colorado
If you or your loved one needs treatment from Colorado rehab centers, you may verify your insurance to check if it covers the payment for the recommended treatment. Rehab facilities in or near Centennialoffering drug and alcohol rehab often verify the insurance for free. For those without private health insurance, the following options are also available:
- Personal savings
- Government assistance
- Loans from friends and/or family
- Payment plans
- Employment insurance