Colorado is 12th or higher than the national average in a survey ranking the states with highest drug use. What is more alarming is the rank of Colorado at 3rd with the highest average number of deaths attributable to alcohol. There is a continuing need for drug rehab centers and alcohol treatment centers in Greeley, CO and we intend to help you on your path to finding the rehab facilities in Greeley that will suit your preferences.
Common Abused Drugs in Greeley, Colorado
Alcohol is the number one substance of abuse in Greeley, CO, followed by marijuana. Both substances acutely affect the motor functions of the user, diminishing their control of movement, resulting in injuries and even death from vehicular accidents. Alcohol particularly has aggravated incidents of domestic violence in many instances.
Greeley has also become a distribution point for drug trafficking and smuggling. Methane and cocaine had been confiscated from members of drug rings who smuggle them from and to other states. The drug rings operate multi-million dollar businesses and are international in operation.
Neighborhoods and communities will be instrumental in reducing risks to substance abuse and establish an atmosphere of support to each other. If you know someone who needs detox in Greeley, you can guide them to Greeley rehabilitation centers and detox centers in Grand Junction. Boulder detox centers are another good option.
College Students Substance Abuse in Greeley, Colorado
Greeley is home to four institutions of higher learning, led by the University of Northern Colorado (UNC). The aggregate college-level student population is approximately 22,000.
The National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse at Columbia University (CASAColumbia) released its 2007 report on Substance Abuse at America’s Colleges and Universities mirroring the findings on the top substances wasting the lives of the students. Alcohol use and binge drinking showed no sign of reduction, while marijuana use more than doubled. Abuse of prescription drugs, stimulants, tranquilizers, and opioids exploded to 3 times the 2005 level. Subsequent years showed no abatement to this picture, with drugs becoming easily accessible through online suppliers.
Students have clearly become at risk from alcohol, marijuana, and illicit substances. Parents and friends need to exert efforts to prevent addiction or help those who succumbed get effective rehab in Greeley. Detox centers in Colorado Springs are one option to help.
Drug Rehab Centers in Greeley
To start your search for appropriate alcohol or drug rehabilitation centers in Greeley, you could key in the phrases “AA Greeley,” “detox Greeley,” “rehab Greeley,” “rehab facilities Greeley.” Web pages may list treatment centers or doctors, and their addresses and contact numbers. You may include us in your web browsing, and we could help you start your journey to regain your, or your loved ones, life from drug or alcohol dependence. Our closest facility is in Colorado Address: 1865 Woodmor Monument, CO 80132 Our closest facility is in Colorado
Our closest facility is in Colorado
Address: 1865 Woodmor Monument, CO 80132
Our closest facility is in Colorado
What to Consider in Selecting Greeley Rehab
Before you commit yourself or a loved one to substance abuse treatment in Greeley, you may consider a number of factors to determine which among Greeley rehab centers is the right choice. Aside from visiting the web pages of the Greeley rehabilitation centers, you may need to call or send an inquiry to the rehab in Greeley:
- Treatment Approaches – In as much as some rehab centers in Greeley give only one or a few of the various types of treatment, this should be cleared beforehand. The patient should be free to choose whether to undergo the 12 steps, SMART, holistic, demographic based, dual diagnosis, religion based, or holistic rehabilitation program.
- Cases Accepted by the Facility — Clarify with the facility the nature of the patient’s addiction. Some facilities do not accept opioid addiction cases. Some do not have medical detox capabilities.
- Location — Consider what benefits the patient will gain if the facility location is near his residence, and conversely if the location will entail travel. For some patients, travel to a facility may provide a more relaxed atmosphere and a relief from the stress of work and day-to-day responsibilities. On the other hand, a patient may want to stay near family and work. It is your choice.
- Program of Activities — stages: detox, inpatient/outpatient rehab,
- Amenities — luxurious, laptop and phone friendly, activity centers
- Alcoholics Anonymous Meetings and Narcotics Anonymous Meetings — You could easily find Greeley AA meeting schedules and NA meetings in Greeley from your web search.
- Family-Based Treatment Programs — As an extension of the Alcoholics Anonymous and other groups that patterned themselves after the AA, auxiliary groups like Al-Anon and Nar-Anon composed of family members of patients provide support for the affected family. This becomes an extension and part of the treatment routine for individuals who are on the road to recovery.
- 12-step rehab in Greeley– This is designed on the Alcoholics Anonymous fellowship which started in 1935 through the conduct of self-help AA meetings, centered on Twelve Steps and grounded on their Twelve Traditions. The Narcotics Anonymous (NA) and the Cocaine Anonymous (CA) have come up with their adaptation of the steps. There are private alcohol and drug rehabilitation centers that offer treatment routines that are patterned after the 12-steps started by Alcoholics Anonymous.
- Non-12 step rehab in Greeley– Some people do not feel comfortable with the religious undertone in the 12-step method and find difficulty in progressing from one step to the next. For people who feel that their relationship to God (or to a “universal being”) is purely private, and for others who are uncomfortable with religion, non-12 step rehabilitation programs are available in some facilities.
- Detox – This is the process of getting rid of the addictive substance from the patient’s body.
- Medical detox -There are drugs and substances that produce unpainful and/or life-threatening withdrawal symptoms. In such cases, a medication is used to ease the removal of the original addictive substance from the patient’s body. The rehab facility that provides medical detox have nurses, doctors, and medical staff to attend to the medical needs of the patient.
- Luxury rehab – This treatment type offers exclusivity and luxurious amenities. Catering to the demography of celebrities and executives, part of the costs may be covered by your health insurance policy.
- Dual diagnosis – In many cases, alcohol and drug dependency may be co-occurring with a mental health problem, and this condition requires a more comprehensive treatment. The treatment facility will diagnose such conditions and deliver needed procedures for treatment. The 2014 National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH) revealed that around 7.9 million people in the US had co-occurring disorders.
- SMART Recovery programs – The Self-Management and Recovery Training Program is one alternative to the Alcoholic Anonymous’ (AA’s) 12-step rehabilitation routine.
Paying For Rehab
Many recovery programs will incur only a small cost, especially the fellowship of AA meetings or NA meetings in Greeley. Other community-based treatment programs such as SMART Recovery Meetings in Greeley will not cost much. For the other treatment centers that are required to obtain licenses, but which also offer additional amenities, the following will help reduce the out-of-pocket costs of rehab:
- Insurance — Your Federal Employee Health Benefits (FEHB) or other health insurance may provide for a minimum deductible or a co-pay, or a coinsurance percentage, depending on the health plan you purchased. You may have to confirm if the facility is in-network or out-of-network and whether the facility of your choice is a preferred provider organization (PPO).
- Sponsorships, Scholarships, and Grants — If you are uninsured or underinsured, you may be eligible for Medicaid. Also, there are foundations and other organizations who provide sponsorship, scholarship or grants for help in availing substance abuse treatment.
If you’re thinking that traveling to Colorado then give us a call and find out more about Mountain Springs Recovery, our addiction treatment facilities in Colorado.
Sunshine Behavioral Health strives to help people who are facing substance abuse, addiction, mental health disorders, or a combination of these conditions. It does this by providing compassionate care and evidence-based content that addresses health, treatment, and recovery.
Licensed medical professionals review material we publish on our site. The material is not a substitute for qualified medical diagnoses, treatment, or advice. It should not be used to replace the suggestions of your personal physician or other health care professionals.
Talk with one of our Treatment Specialists!
Call 24/7: 949-276-2886