Lakewood Rehab Centers | Top Rehabs in Lakewood, Colorado
According to the Office of National Drug Control Policy, it was noted that the fastest-growing public health problem in the United States is the abuse of prescription drugs. The death toll from prescription opioids is now higher compared to deaths from both cocaine and heroin combined.
Americans from various parts of the country vary significantly in how they consume specific food types. In the latest federal government report, it was also shown how the country varies in its use and abuse of addictive substances.
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration holds a yearly survey among Americans aging 12 and above to see if they consumed cocaine, alcohol, or marijuana and if they have used opioid painkillers for non-medical purposes. After the survey, results are shown into quintiles which would explain what portion of each state’s population uses each substance. In the process of managing this data, they are able to create a list for the number of users for opioid, marijuana, alcohol, and cocaine.
Unfortunately, in the case of Colorado, it stood out as the only state which tops all four categories, making it the main consumer of all these intoxicating substances. Though other states like Oregon, Alaska, and Washington are also major consumers of pot, Coloradans are still ahead of them being heavy consumers of marijuana and non-marijuana intoxicants.
Issues Specific to Lakewood, CO
Lakewood, Colorado has a population of over 140,000 people and since they are close to Denver, they were not spared from the influx of intoxicating substances from the bigger cities. As of this date, there are approximately 29 drug rehab centers in Lakewood or within a 5-mile radius of this city.
Darvocet and Hydrocodone are the top two substances commonly abused by people in Lakewood, Colorado. These substances are frequently abused by a specific demographic and are illegally sold through the inner city streets with fraudulent prescriptions. Drug rehab Lakewood and medical detox Lakewood have specific treatment programs and services to help patients addicted to these substances and to also help those who have become severely dependent on the same.
Most Commonly Abused Substances in Colorado
In the 2015-2016 National Survey on Drug Use and Health published by the Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality of SAMHSA, it was also revealed that as far as alcohol use is concerned in Colorado and cities such as Lakewood, 57.53% of youth ages 12 and up have used alcohol in the past month, while 63.75 % of those belonging in the 18 to 25 years old age bracket have admitted to the same. Also, for those who are 26 years old and above, 62.10% reported having used alcohol in the last 30 days.
In the same report, it was also shown that 4.39% of those in the 12 to 17-year-old age bracket have used prescription opioid, 15.92% have used marijuana, 2.42% have tried cocaine, 0.35% have used heroin, and 17.18% have used illicit drugs. Those belonging to the 18 to 25 years old age bracket, 9.61% have used prescription opioid, 32.20% have used marijuana, 8.18% have tried cocaine, 0.66% have tried using heroin, and 34.49% have used other types of illicit drugs.
Lastly, to those belonging in the 26 and above age bracket, 4.56% have used prescription opioid, 14% have used marijuana, 1.62% have tried cocaine, 0.34% have used heroin, and 15.11% have used other types of illicit drugs. These numbers only show the seriousness of the drug use and abuse problem, especially to the youth and young adult population. These numbers are reasons enough for increasing the number of drug rehab centers, alcohol treatment centers Lakewood and detox center Lakewood.
Substance Abuse Centers for College Students in Lakewood, CO
In research conducted by the US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health, the following results were elicited:
- Approximately ¾ of the entire sample population of Colorado University students reported having used marijuana at least once in their lifetime.
- Around 65% of those who reported marijuana use admitted to having used the drug within the previous year, while a huge 29% of the same sample population tested positive during urine screening.
- Also, it was further revealed that marijuana use is hugely related to food, alcohol, boredom, and coping.
- Furthermore, it was noted in the same study that the prevalence of marijuana usage is higher among college students in states where recreational marijuana is legal to use.
Different Kinds of Treatments Available in Lakewood
If you or a loved one is searching for rehab facilities in Colorado, bear in mind that you must consider the type of treatment program you will be subscribing to, the location of the rehab in Lakewood, and the modes of payment for substance abuse treatment Lakewood. You might want to consider a treatment program that is effective yet also cost-efficient, but you have to remember that different treatment plans offer sliding scale fees or payment plans. Also, check whether or not you want to travel for your treatment or stay close to your loved ones to have a support system nearby.
The most appropriate treatment program will be dependent on the severity of your addiction issue, whether or not you are suffering from a co-occurring mental condition, whether you are in need of urgent medical assistance, and whether you relapsed in the past. During intake and assessment, all these will be addressed so that you can be offered the best type of treatment program for your needs.
Generally, there are six types of treatment options available for those seeking help from a Lakewood treatment center and Lakewood rehab facilities — dual diagnosis treatment in Lakewood rehab, non-12 step treatment by Lakewood drug rehab, 12-step treatment in rehab facilities in Lakewood, luxury rehab treatment programs in rehabilitation facilities in Lakewood, detox in Lakewood, and Faith treatment programs in treatment centers in Lakewood.
- Dual Diagnosis in Lakewood rehabilitation centers: Dual Diagnosis Rehab in Lakewood is a specific treatment program that is advisable for patients suffering from addiction who also have a co-occurring mental health condition. In this rehab treatment, both of these conditions are addressed simultaneously.
- Non-12-Step Treatment in Rehab Center Lakewood– Non-12 Step Rehab in Lakewood is a kind of treatment program which is best for patients who are not comfortable with the teachings and principles adhered by AA Lakewood (Alcoholics Anonymous Lakewood). They believe in the power of self-commitment, empowerment, and responsibility as the key values that can sustain the patient and make him overcome his addiction.
- Detox Lakewood: Though detox is not necessarily a pre-requisite to other treatment programs, most rehab facilities include detox in their treatment since it allows the patient’s body to be ready for treatment by getting rid of all chemicals and toxins that have accumulated in the body due to prolonged use of drugs and other toxic substances.
- 12-step treatment: This specific treatment program utilizes the treatment principles popularized by Alcoholics Anonymous. They adhere to the belief that a higher being has power over the person’s addiction. After rehab, recovering individuals can also choose to join AA meetings Lakewood or NA meetings in Lakewood.
- Luxury Rehab in Lakewood: As the term suggests, the treatment programs offered in luxury rehabs are pricey compared to other addiction treatment programs. Aside from upscale amenities in the rehab facility, rules regarding carrying of gadgets and devices inside rehab are more relaxed in luxury rehabs.
- Faith Treatment Programs: This specific treatment program is ideal for religious individuals who feel like their addiction has separated them from their faith. The programs offered are geared toward regaining spirituality while recovering from addiction.
How to Pay for Drug Rehab Lakewood CO
There are various ways to pay for drug rehab Lakewood, Colorado. These are the following:
- Private Pay option in Rehab Centers Lakewood: This is the easiest option if you have the financial capacity to pay for your own rehab.
- Employee Assistance Program can help refer you to Rehab Lakewood: Also known as the EAP, the Employee Assistance Programs are specific for workers who need guidance and professional help in dealing with their personal problems that are affecting their work performance. The treatments available under this program are training, counseling, and more.
- Free or Low-Budget Rehabs in Lakewood: If you don’t have the financial capacity to pay for your own rehab and if you also don’t have insurance to cover your rehab expenses, you can look for centers which offer free or low-cost treatment programs. Usually, these centers have volunteers and are usually funded by the state.
- Loan from family members or friends: Ask for help from your loved ones.
- Pay your Alcohol Rehab or Drug rehab in Colorado with Insurance: There are various insurance plans accepted in rehabs.
Talk with one of our Treatment Specialists!
Call 24/7: 949-276-2886