Longmont drug rehab centers are dealing with the rising number of alcohol abuse and drug overdose deaths in Longmont City, the Home Rule Municipality in Weld and Boulder counties of the western state of Colorado. In 2017, Longmont City recorded a population of 94,341, and figures show that it is not far-fetched for the population to face the worldwide problem of substance abuse.
Drug Abuse in Longmont, CO
Based on the 2016 data from the National Institute of Drug Abuse, deaths due to an opioid overdose in Colorado only has 3.8 points difference at 9.5 deaths in every 100,000 population. The national rate of opioid-related overdose in Colorado is pegged at 13.3 deaths for every 100,000 population. Additionally, the number of heroin-related deaths increased from 91 in 2012 to 234 in 2016 while deaths linked to synthetic opioids have risen from 52 in 2012 to 72 in 2016.
Nationwide statistics show that the growing drug problem in the state of Colorado has contributed to the depths of the opioid crisis in the United States, alarming various stakeholders, including drug rehab centers in Longmont.
In recent data published by the Colorado Department of Public Health in April this year, Colorado State had a rate of 16.1 deaths due to an overdose of drugs per 100,000 population. This marked an 83 percent increase from only 8.8 recorded deaths for every 100,000 residents in 2001. And while the overdose deaths in Boulder County dropped to 37 in 2016 from its highest number of 54 in 2013, the number of deaths due to overdose in both Weld and Douglas Counties has increased by three-fold. People being admitted in drug rehab Longmont, CO is ever-increasing.
Heroin abuse in Longmont, CO
Among the substances that gained notoriety for abuse in Longmont, CO is heroin, a highly-addictive drug made of morphine. Those needing rehab in Longmont also show that heroin abuse is increasing. Authorities said the heroin trade in Longmont have gained a base as local residents make daily trips to Denver to buy heroin.
It was reported that persons who are addicted to prescription drugs such as Vicodin have turned to other cheaper but more dangerous drugs sold on the street to achieve a certain high they get from the original drug formulation that was since reformulated.
In 2013, for instance, overdose deaths linked to heroin abuse have doubled in Boulder County. The Boulder County Coroner’s Office said 14 people died of heroin overdoses in Boulder County in November 2013, an increase by more than 50 percent compared with the data on deaths due to heroin overdoses in 2011 and 2012.
This year, Colorado was included in WalletHub’s Top 12 States with the Biggest Drug Problem. Rehab centers in Longmont face a growing number of patients. Michelle Ryan who works with intake of rehab patients in a facility in Longmont said that their numbers of intakes has grown rapidly. They have seen a rise of 40% in the people that are coming in due to drug abuse and criminal activity. Our closest facility is in Colorado Address: 1865 Woodmor Monument, CO 80132 Our closest facility is in Colorado
Our closest facility is in Colorado
Address: 1865 Woodmor Monument, CO 80132
Our closest facility is in Colorado
Alcohol Abuse in Longmont, CO
Aside from opioid and other drugs, more people are also in need of rehab from alcohol treatment centers Longmont, as patients with alcohol use disorder increase in number nationwide. According to the 2015 data of the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, 86.4 percent of Americans aged 18 years old and above have drunk alcohol at least once in their lifetime. The number of those who have engaged in excessive drinking, also called binge drinking, in the past month have also grown to 26.9 percent.
To date, government data shows that about 15.1 million adults have alcohol use disorder. Colorado alone is one of the top 20 states which recorded high binge drinking rates among adults who need to get treatment from alcohol rehab Longmont.
Help for Longmont College Students
Several universities in Colorado are joining the fight against mental health problems and substance abuse. Colleges such as Front Range Community College help by offering a list of services in the community to their students. Regis University also offers counseling services to assist with those struggling with addiction and college life. They also provide educational services and programs to those who are dealing with addiction. AA meetings are also available in Colorado Springs and Denver AA meetings have been helping addicts for decades.
Substance abuse treatment Longmont
Rehabilitation facilities in Longmont are offering various types of treatments to help patients recover from substance use disorder. Longmont rehab facilities have the following programs and services:
- AA meetings Longmont, AA meetings in Castle Rock, and AA meetings in Parker
- NA meetings Longmont
- 12 step rehab
- Non 12 step rehab in Longmont
- Detox Longmont
- Medical detox Longmont
- Dual diagnosis rehab in Longmont
- 12 Step Rehab – Several treatment centers in Longmont use a method called the 12 step treatment which is similar to what the Alcoholics Anonymous Longmont and Narcotics Anonymous Longmont use. Patients with drug use disorders may also attend sessions by NA Longmont while those with alcohol use disorder may join AA Longmont. Longmont AA meetings and NA meetings in Longmont rehab centers help the patients to recover from addiction through a support group comprised of other substance use disorder patients.
- Non 12 Step Rehab – For those who do not like to join Longmont AA meetings, rehab facilities in Longmont also offer non 12 step rehab, including:
- Detox – In a detox center Longmont, patients are assisted by medical practitioners to ensure a safe detoxification process to cleanse their body and prepare them for other treatments. Longmont rehabilitation centers offer medical detox in Longmont to help patients get through the uncomfortable symptoms of substance withdrawal.
- Dual Diagnosis Rehab – Rehab facilities in Longmont provide a dual diagnosis to provide effective treatment for patients with co-occurring disorders. A Longmont drug rehab needs to address a dual diagnosis by treating both substance addiction and mental health disorders.
- SMART Recovery Meetings in Longmont – When a patient is admitted in a drug rehab in Longmont, therapy sessions under the SMART Recovery program may be one of the interventions he can get to help him manage substance addiction. Rehab facilities Longmont offer this program to motivate patients to stay in treatment and cope with the urges of drug abuse through education.
- Luxury drug rehab in Longmont – Those who want a more executive type of treatment may choose from various rehabs in Longmont. Luxury Longmont rehab provides patients with high-end amenities and round the clock security.
If you’re thinking that traveling to Colorado then give us a call and find out more about Mountain Springs Recovery, our addiction treatment facilities in Colorado.
Sunshine Behavioral Health strives to help people who are facing substance abuse, addiction, mental health disorders, or a combination of these conditions. It does this by providing compassionate care and evidence-based content that addresses health, treatment, and recovery.
Licensed medical professionals review material we publish on our site. The material is not a substitute for qualified medical diagnoses, treatment, or advice. It should not be used to replace the suggestions of your personal physician or other health care professionals.
Talk with one of our Treatment Specialists!
Call 24/7: 949-276-2886