Substance use disorders aren’t confined to the less affluent so neither should rehab. The option of luxury rehab in Thornton, CO may get and keep more people to complete a round of treatment.
In 2019, Thornton, CO had a lower poverty rate and higher median household income than Colorado or the United States as a whole. Still, in December 2021, Thornton was the site of a major drug bust, including 110,000 fentanyl-laced pills.
Fentanyl is largely responsible for the rise in overdose deaths—30% in the US overall, 46% in Colorado. The synthetic opioid is 50 times as potent as heroin, increasing the likelihood of a fatal miscalculation.
Fentanyl is often mixed with other substances and pressed into pill form, then sold as counterfeit prescription meds such as OxyContin. The buyers may not know that they contain fentanyl. The DEA estimated that 40% of the pills seized in Thornton were potentially lethal.
This makes substance abuse more lethal than ever. Anything that gets someone into treatment long enough to at least begin recovery should be encouraged. Colorado has the highest percentage of adults with unmet substance abuse treatment needs, three times the rate of the state with the lowest percentage.
Since most people relapse at least once (two serious recovery attempts is the median rate), so should anything that encourages someone who relapses to get back into treatment. Like a luxury rehab center in Thornton, CO.
Our closest facility is in Colorado
1865 Woodmor Monument, CO 80132Talk to Our Intake Coordinators
Our closest facility is in Colorado
What is Luxury Rehab in Thornton, CO?
Luxury rehabs in Thornton, CO, are a lot like non-luxury rehab centers for alcohol or drug addiction. They offer many of the same services:
- Intake evaluation.
- Detox, if needed.
- Behavioral therapy.
- Support groups.
- Medication-assisted treatment.
- Aftercare planning.
One difference is that a luxury drug treatment center is more likely to offer more and different services.
Luxury rehab in Thornton, CO will probably have:
- More than one behavioral therapy option. Cognitive-behavioral therapy—a variation of traditional talk therapy or psychotherapy that changes how one thinks about and copes with problems—is most common, but there are others. Luxury rehabs will more likely offer them.
- More opportunities for one-on-one therapy and group therapy. Non-luxury rehabs might be limited to one session per day or every few days. Luxury rehabs offer a full schedule of classes and therapy opportunities.
- Holistic options. Also known as complementary and alternative medicine (CAM). practices, plus neurofeedback and transcranial magnetic stimulation.
Holistic practices are not usually or primarily based on scientific evidence but are based on traditional medicine and spiritual practices, including:
- Breathing and movement exercises (yoga, tai chi, qigong)
- Equine therapy (horseback riding, horse grooming)
- Art, dance, and music therapy
Another difference in luxury rehabs is there is a higher staff-to-client ratio. With fewer clients per staff member, there are more chances for individual care.
Perhaps the most attractive difference to individuals looking for rehab is their luxury accommodations and amenities.
Luxury drug rehab centers in Thornton, CO physically resemble a resort more than a hospital or group home, with:
- Private or semi-private rooms.
- Better furnishings.
- Catered meals.
- Onsite workout equipment or a full-sized gym
- Swimming pools and/or hot tubs
- Scenic nature within walking distance (mountains, streams, forests, hiking trails, beaches)
- Home office setup or business center
While there is little conclusive evidence that a luxury drug rehab center in Thornton, CO is more effective than less luxurious rehab programs, it may make it easier for individuals to stay in treatment, which can lead to recovery.
What is Luxury Detox in Thornton, CO?
Luxury addiction treatment in Thornton, CO, like any substance abuse treatment, can’t really begin until individuals with substance use disorders (SUD) are no longer under the influence of the substance and have at least completed the initial stages of withdrawal.
To complete that first step might require a luxury detox in Thornton, CO.
That process is known as detoxification or detox. Although detox services can be outpatient or inpatient, they usually take place in a separate facility from the luxury rehab because medical monitoring may be necessary. Some luxury rehab centers offer detox services onsite and so can be considered luxury detox centers in Thornton, CO, also.
Addiction isn’t just a habit; it changes the brain. Using drugs or alcohol becomes the new normal. The brain and body are so used to being on drugs that they can’t function without them.
Addiction to some substances can be so severe that stopping use of the substance too abruptly (cold turkey) can literally kill by causing seizures, cardiac arrhythmia, delirium tremens (DTs), hallucinations, sleep disruptions, or simply choking on one’s vomit.
In luxury detox centers in Thornton, CO they have access to monitoring equipment and emergency medical care 24/7, as well as medication-assisted treatments that can prolong withdrawal, make it a slower, more gradual process, and gently taper off the substance use safely.
What is Luxury Drug Rehab in Thornton, CO?
Luxury rehabs in Thornton, CO, and other locations are usually adept at treating all types of substance use disorders. Most often these involve drug use disorders (DUD)—such as opioid use disorders (OUD) but also stimulants and sedatives—and alcohol use disorders (AUD).
Substance use disorders that a luxury drug rehab in Thornton, CO can treat include:
- Opioids. Morphine, heroin, prescription painkillers such as oxycodone (OxyContin, Percocet) and hydrocodone (Vicodin, Norco), and fentanyl.
- Stimulants. Cocaine, methamphetamine, and drugs for the treatment of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorders (ADHD).
- Benzodiazepines. Depressants, sedatives, hypnotics, and antianxiety drugs (Xanax, Valium, Ativan).
- Marijuana. While there are no documented overdose deaths, dependence is still possible.
What is Luxury Alcohol Treatment in Thornton, CO?
One of the deadliest substances and the most difficult and dangerous to quit isn’t considered a drug, doesn’t require a prescription to purchase legally, and is available at corner stores, fine restaurants, and even many ballparks: alcohol.
Alcohol is legal, socially acceptable in moderation (or only occasional excess use), and available everywhere. It is one of the first intoxicating substances youths discover because it is usually in their parents’ home already.
Many people might decline even luxury alcohol treatment in Thornton, CO because they don’t believe their drinking is a problem. Celebrities sometimes check into a resort-like rehab to dry out but sometimes just to hide out while the public or the authorities shift their attention elsewhere.
These country club clinics are not like real luxury alcohol treatment centers in Thornton, CO.
Alcohol abuse doesn’t even have to become an addiction or alcoholism to become a threat to life and health. Occasional binge drinking—five or more drinks in two hours for men, four for women, at least once a month—is not necessarily a sign of addiction but can still cause death from alcohol poisoning or by causing a motor vehicle accident.
In 2019, 27% of adults in Denver, CO, engaged in binge drinking.
True alcohol addiction depends on motivation. A binge drinker might be pledging a fraternity or trying to win a bet or just outdrink the other guy or gal. If they drink because they feel compelled to or to prevent alcohol withdrawal symptoms, then they may need to check in to one of the luxury alcohol rehabs in Thornton, CO.
Anyone can try to stop drinking on their own, but alcohol is one of the substances that can sometimes be fatal if quitting cold turkey. That makes it vital to have access to medical monitoring—and possibly medically assisted detox or medication-assisted treatment—at a luxury alcohol rehab in Thornton, CO.
Luxury rehab is more expensive than other rehabs. Some insurance plans may not cover all or any of the costs. It may not seem worth it.
But treatment for substance use disorders is one of the hardest things anyone can do. It is not pleasant, and no one method works for everyone. If luxury rehab in Thornton, CO, makes rehab more pleasant and offers more treatment options, that increases the likelihood that an individual will stay in treatment through recovery.
- sunshinebehavioralhealth.com – What You Need to Know When Looking for a Luxury Addiction Rehab
- sunshinebehavioralhealth.com – Thornton Rehab Centers: Top Rehabs in Thornton, Colorado
- datausa.io – Thornton, CO Place
- datausa.io – Colorado State
- datausa.io – United States Nation
- denver.cbslocal.com – ‘This Organization Was Preparing For Battle’: Colorado Authorities & DEA Thwart Major Drug Ring
- sunshinebehavioralhealth.com – Colorado Rehab Centers & Addiction Treatment
- wallethub.com – Drug Use by State: 2021’s Problem Areas
- ncbi.nlm.nih.gov – How Many Recovery Attempts Does it Take to Successfully Resolve an Alcohol or Drug Problem? Estimates and Correlates From a National Study of Recovering U.S. Adults
- ncbi.nlm.nih.gov – Complications of Alcohol Withdrawal
- niaaa.nih.gov – Drinking Levels Defined
- phidenverhealth.org – Denver Has a Drinking Problem
Sunshine Behavioral Health strives to help people who are facing substance abuse, addiction, mental health disorders, or a combination of these conditions. It does this by providing compassionate care and evidence-based content that addresses health, treatment, and recovery.
Licensed medical professionals review material we publish on our site. The material is not a substitute for qualified medical diagnoses, treatment, or advice. It should not be used to replace the suggestions of your personal physician or other health care professionals.