Concerta Addiction and Rehab Treatment
Although Concerta is typically used in the treatment of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, the drug has attributes that are appealing to people that do not have ADHD. It is similar to Ritalin and Adderall, all of which are highly-controlled. Although Concerta creates a feeling of ecstasy, the individual might want the surge of adrenaline more. How do you stop an addict from abusing Concerta? Furthermore, these stimulants have been coined “study drugs.” Many teens and young adults use it to study. So how do you help your teen stop abusing drugs when the fear of failure prevents him or her from quitting the drug? You can start by informing him or her about the consequences of a Concerta addiction.
Concerta Addiction and Abuse
Before you approach the addicted individual, learn as much as you can about Concerta abuse and what it takes to fight it. We can help you prepare for this challenging, yet rewarding battle. Concerta is used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). It is a nervous system stimulant. It is also use to treat narcolepsy, which is a uncontrollable desire for sleep.
Concerta is similar to cocaine, which makes it very addictive. It affects chemicals in the brain and nervous system; it affects stimulants like dopamine and norepinephrine. Furthermore, it is a used commonly used among teens and college students, because of it makes the student focus and continue studying. It can also help lose weight and suppress appetite.
The drug is water-soluble, which makes it easy to convert to liquid so it can be injected. This affects chemicals in the brain and nerves that contribute to hyperactivity and impulse control. It gives the feeling of euphoria.
When Concerta is crushed, it eliminates the timed-release mechanism of the drug. All of the methylphenidate is delivered to the brain at once. An individual may be using concerta if they show the following signs: Messy appearance, or lack of care for personal hygiene
- Track marks on arms or legs
- Reckless driving, car accidents or unexplained dents in the car
- Secretive phone calls
- Avoiding eye contact
- Erratic behavior or mood swings
- Loss of interest in extracurricular activities, hobbies, or sports
- Poor grades; no desire to do homework
- Increased blood pressure and heartbeat
- Hostility and paranoia
- Periods of increased attention and wakefulness
- Trouble sleeping
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
Overdose Symptoms of Concerta
- Sudden outbursts of words or sounds that are hard to control
- Vision changes
- Symptoms of heart attack or stroke such as pain the chest, jaw, or left arm; shortness of breath; unusual sweating; weakness on one side of the body
- Uncontrolled muscle movements such as twitching or shaking
- Numbness, pain, skin color change, or sensitivity to temperature in the fingers or toes
Codeine Withdrawal and Detox
When an individual goes through withdrawal, it can be uncomfortable, but it is not life-threatening. The severity of withdrawal will depend upon how long the individual has been addicted to Concerta and how much of the drug is consumed regularly.
The addicted person might have a rough time and want to start taking the drug again in order to find relief. It is important for you to call us so we can help you find drug treatment center. This is essential for the recovery of the family member or friend addicted to Concerta. He or she will be less likely to relapse with medical professionals available to help during the detoxification process. Some of the withdrawals symptoms include: .
- Extreme fatigue
- Panic attacks
- Extreme hunger
Several good inpatient rehab centers have drug detox treatment in their facilities that allow you to remove these toxins.
Codeine Treatment and Rehab
At Sunshine Behavioral Health, we understand the importance of adolescent-specific treatment. We are intimately familiar with treatments types designed to help the individual overcome addiction. Our counselors are sensitive to the needs of our those addicted to Concerta.
Call and talk with one of our counselors, you have many options to help you make an informed decision about the best treatment.
The Rehab Treatment Process
When you arrive at your facility you will be assessed by the medical professionals to determine your treatment through detox, as well as your rehabilitation program.
- Step 1: Intake – When you arrive at your facility you will be assessed by the medical professionals to determine your treatment through detox, as well as your rehabilitation program.
- Step 2: Detox – After your assessment or intake you will be taken to your room where you can rest and be monitored while you go through the withdrawal of your drug use. Detox can range from 1 day to a week, depending on the drug of choice and the user.
- Step 3: Rehab – After you finish detox you will be ready to begin your addiction treatment, which can range from a variety of different options. This is when you will be able to meet others, attend lectures, participate in group or individual counseling, and learn the tools you need to stay clean.
- Step 4: Aftercare – When your time at the facility is over, you will have to go back to your life. This can be a challenge for a lot of people, but part of your treatment includes aftercare. This is usually outpatient counseling in a group or individualized setting, where you are slowly introduced back to your life and responsibilities
Addressing Concerta Addiction
Your biggest obstacle might be helping the individual admit he or she has a drug addiction. Do not get discouraged. They might be in denial, especially if he or she has only been abusing Concerta for a short period of time. Addressing the followings concerns with the addicted individual might motivate them to seek help in the form of rehabilitation.
- Fear –they might be apprehensive about what the treatment program involves and perhaps they are afraid he or she cannot handle it
- Loss of supply –they realize there is no access to drugs while in rehabilitation
- Stigma –they might be embarrassed to tell his or her friends
- >Hope that the problem will resolve itself –it is common for a person to ignore a problem
Helping a friend or family member address their Concerta addiction
You might be feeling guilty at this point. If your friend or family member is addicted to Concerta, it is up to you to intervene because like many addicts; almost never ask for help on his or her own.
When in doubt, call Sunshine Behavioral Health. The addicted individual might feel uncomfortable talking to you; however, they will feel more comfortable talking with a medical professional. We can help you figure that out.
The Bottom Line: You Can Beat Concerta Addiction
If you’ve reached this point it is hard to deny the fact that you’re serious about beating your Concerta addiction, and that is something to have pride in and celebrate. Your life matters and there is no reason why you should allow a drug to dictate the rest of your life when help is available.
Remember, choosing to go into a Concerta rehab treatment center for diet abuse will help you rid yourself of the horrible side effects you’ve had to endure, extend your life span, and most importantly place you on track towards regaining you own life. So don’t fight addiction alone. Instead allow us to help you live the life you deserve to have.
The Bottom Line: You Can Beat Codeine Addiction
If you’ve reached this point it is hard to deny the fact that you’re serious about beating your codeine addiction, and that is something to have pride in. Your life matters and there is no reason why you should allow a drug to dictate the rest of your life when help is available. Remember, choosing to go into a rehab treatment center for drug abuse will help you rid yourself of the horrible side effects you’ve had to endure, extend your life span, and most importantly place you on track towards regaining you own life. So don’t fight addiction alone. Instead allow us to help you live the life you deserve to have.
Payment Options for Concerta Abuse Treatment
Are you afraid you will not be able to afford the cost of rehab? Think about what your recovery is worth to you. More than likely, it will be less than the cost of your addiction. The cost of your recovery will last you a lifetime.
How much you will have to pay depends on a number of factors:
- Your insurance plan
- Addiction type
- Treatment type
- Length of stay
- Location of treatment center
- Amenities provided
Each insurance plan is different. Our representatives can contact your insurance and give you a free quote. Call now and start your road towards recovery!!
Talk with one of our Treatment Specialists!
Call 24/7: 949-276-2886