The Best Xanax Rehab for You
Xanax is the most popular psychiatric prescription drug in the United States. In 2011, about 47 million prescriptions were written for this drug. This is because it can treat a wide range of panic and anxiety disorders. This is also the reason why it is open to abuse.
Among the conditions it can treat are the following seizures, agitation, difficulty sleeping & muscle spasms.
Using the drug has a lot of benefits for those who actually need it. But abusing the drug is hazardous so Xanax addiction treatment is necessary. The risk factors of the drug include:
- Long-term memory damage
- Increased suicidal tendencies
- Extreme emotional changes
Heavy users of Xanax can experience:
- Psychotic episodes
- Rapid heart rate
- Blurred vision
Considering the addictive nature of the drug, Xanax addiction treatment must be done. Rehab for Xanax addiction involves addressing the physical compulsion to take the drugs and the mental cravings to take more of it.
After a person gets dependent on it, the fear of withdrawing from Xanax happens. There are some who want to stop using it, but the withdrawal symptoms of a benzodiazepine are so bad that they go back to using it again. Thus, medically supervised Xanax addiction treatment is needed.
When looking for rehab for Xanax addiction facilities, there are some things to be considered. These are important to ensure a successful recovery and to maintain sobriety even after leaving the centers. Take note of the following:
- The Xanax addiction treatment centers should have licensed medical professionals and proper accreditation. This will make sure that the regulations are being followed and that the patient gets the care they should be getting.
- The treatment protocols used in almost all centers are the same but there may be differences in how they conduct the counseling and therapy sessions. Look for facilities that cater to the kind of method you’re most comfortable with.
- Addressing Xanax addiction necessitates looking into a person’s mental health issues. Getting better is not only about being physically healthy but also being mentally fit. When choosing rehab for Xanax addiction, select one that places a heavy weight on mental well-being as well.
- The life outside of the centers will be challenging. Choosing a rehab for Xanax addiction facility that has a solid aftercare program can solidify your success and lessen the risk of relapse.
Getting help for Xanax addiction may either be done through an inpatient or outpatient rehab. However, inpatient rehab for Xanax addiction is more preferred given its benefits.
Addiction is a serious condition that needs anyone’s full attention. It may be intrusive in your regular routine, yet it yields good results in one’s quest for sobriety. Among its benefits are the following:
- Distance from the immediate environment that caused the addiction
- Round the clock attention from medical health professionals
- Elimination of triggers that tempt a person to use again
- Ease the withdrawal symptoms
- Smooth transition to abstinence, recovery, and sobriety
- Emotional safety and peace of mind being inside rehab centers
- Reduced stress and tension
Several stages will be involved when entering upon a rehab for Xanax addiction. You can expect to go through the following:
- Intake – The first thing to do when going in Xanax addiction treatment facilities is the intake process. After you get in touch with the centers, this will happen almost immediately thereafter. During intake, a series of interviews will be done. Answering questionnaires will happen next. Finally, an initial assessment will be made. The information obtained during this stage will be utilized to develop a treatment plan specific to a person’s case.
- Detox – The process is all about ceasing to use Xanax and freeing your system from it. Considering the withdrawal symptoms and its effects on the body, quitting cold turkey is generally not how things are done. This occurs under the able supervision of licensed medical personnel. It is critical that those who administer this have the knowledge, skill, and license to do it considering the gravity and sometimes life-threatening effects of the process.
- Treatment – There are many activities involved in this phase of Xanax addiction treatment. It involves group and individual therapy, physical fitness, and nutritional counseling. There are also facilities that provide alternative approaches such as yoga, meditation, and massage among others. These activities are all geared to equip the patient skills, knowledge, and motivation to remain focused on their recovery.
- Aftercare – This begins with planning even before leaving the confines of the facility. Rehab for Xanax addiction is just half the journey; what happens after is the other half. Support is needed to maintain sobriety. An aftercare program involves counseling and therapy sessions.
When you’re seeking rehab for Xanax addiction, there are several treatment options available. Among them are the following:
The program is the oldest method being used to curb addiction of any kind. This method puts the focus on a higher being (God), and where the participants focus on building their relationship with him. It believes that it is finding and understanding God that recovery is achieved. While this places considerable weight on spirituality, nonreligious individuals have vouched for its efficiency to help in recovery.
Unlike the 12-Step program, this method offers a secular method of finding sobriety. Abstaining from the substance is emphasized but with less focus on a higher being. The focus of this Xanax addiction treatment is on the physical health by offering a wide range of therapies and improving self-esteem without highlighting religion.
Focusing on the mind, body, and spirit is what the holistic approach to Xanax addiction treatment is about. It gives primary concern on treating the whole person specifically on the interconnection of the mind, body, and spirit. This method may be used in conjunction with other approaches.
This approach looks into strengthening the person’s spiritual foundation to achieve sobriety. It looks at addiction as an opportunity to renew an individual’s religious and spiritual practice. This Xanax addiction treatment teaches you to connect with God to alter your behavior and fill your life with spiritual joy.
Facilities that use dual diagnosis approach sees the need to treat symptoms of mental health disorder together with the addiction. This is to provide an individual with the treatment that they actually need. Instead of treating the conditions separately, they are nursed as part of a continuum. Psychotherapeutic medications are administered like anti-anxiety medicines. It builds the patient’s self-confidence and reinforces their self-esteem rather than confront them in a negative manner.
People going through Xanax addiction can choose to travel to seek treatment. Traveling itself offers a lot of positives and these reinforce a patient’s recovery. The most important thing is to provide the person a place to focus on their healing and where they can begin their journey to healthy living. Among the benefits of traveling for rehab are the following:
- Fresh Start – Going to a new place gives people a fresh perspective as they work on a new beginning. They will learn new skills and attitudes that come with interacting with new individuals in an unfamiliar environment.
- New Surroundings – Getting out of what you’re accustomed to will help patients focus on their recovery. Interactions with risky associations will be reduced and patients will be distanced from the supply of Xanax.
- Distance from Relapse Triggers – Emotions, people, settings, and recurring thoughts which encourage a person seeking Xanax addiction treatment to use the substance again refer to relapse triggers. Being in a familiar environment has a lot of these triggers making recovery and sobriety seemingly impossible. Being away is thus needed to let go of their unhealthy lifestyle.
One of the hindrances why people suffering from addiction don’t usually seek treatment is the cost that comes with it. There may be plenty of facilities handling rehab for Xanax addiction, but many believe finding an affordable option is considerably difficult.
But there are several payment options for rehab. First are health insurance plans and the Affordable Care Act. If you have health insurance or has insurance under the Affordable Care Act, it has coverage that will allow you to get Xanax addiction treatment.
The second payment option is using personal savings or getting contributions from loved ones. This may deplete your money and can leave you in debt yet the benefits you get in exchange are worth every penny.
Securing a personal loan from a bank is another option. This will stretch out the payments for a certain period and carries an interest rate from 6% to 10%. Healthcare specific lending from lending institutions is available as well. The interest rate for this kind of loan will depend on the period of repayment and the individual’s credit score.
Finally, you can also pay through credit cards. But this option carries a hefty interest rate which average is currently pegged at 17.24%. If you fail to pay your monthly bill, this will weigh heavily on the cost of your Xanax addiction treatment.