Top Addiction Counselors in Houston, TXAlmost a ton of meth. That’s how much methamphetamine authorities seized – 1,789 pounds – in Houston, TX in 2021. The seizure of such a large amount of meth indicates that there’s a demand for it. Many people in Houston and surrounding areas abuse or are addicted to meth, other drugs, and alcohol. But Houston substance abuse counselors can help combat these problems. By meeting individually with clients, in groups, or with people in their families, addiction counselors can help people understand why they use drugs and alcohol in problematic ways and develop strategies for quitting them.
1. Crystal Clay, LCDC, SAP, CARTCrystal Clay understands how mental illnesses relate to substance abuse. She helps people who are struggling with substance abuse and/or anger, Clay also assists people who have failed drug or alcohol tests. Clay has a master of science and is a licensed chemical dependency counselor (LCDC), substance abuse professional (SAP), certified anger resolution therapist (CART) In-person and online services
Address: Zen Imago PLLC, 2323 South Voss Road, Suite 367, Houston, TX 77057
Phone number: (832).742.1678
2. Julie Diggins, LCDCJulie Diggins has a master of arts (MA) and is a licensed chemical dependency counselor (LCDC). She has several years of both counseling experience and addiction recovery. Her practice, Addiction Recovery Counseling, provides individual therapy sessions and offers evening and Saturday appointments.
Address: Addiction Recovery Counseling, LLC, 1120 East Nasa Parkway, Suite 220H, Houston, TX 77058
Phone number: (281).609.7080
3. Sherri Edwards, MS, LCDC, SAP, COPSD, CARTSherri Edwards has a master of science (MS) in counseling. She is a licensed chemical dependency counselor (LCDC), substance abuse professional (SAP), offers co-occurring psychiatric substance abuse disorder (COPSD) services, and is a certified anger resolution therapist (CART). She is a member of NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals Sherri Edwards Counseling & Associates uses cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and situation-focused brief therapy (SFBT) to help clients treat substance abuse problems by focusing on the present instead of the past. In addition to individual counseling, Edwards and her associates offer group counseling. One group focuses on treating substance abuse disorder and preventing relapses from sobriety, while the other helps parents of children who use drugs and alcohol. In-person and online services
Address: Sherri Edwards Counseling & Associates, 2616 South Loop West, Suite 515, Houston, TX 77054
Phone number: (281.688.1984
4. Paula Garcia, MA, LPC, LCDCPaula Garcia has a master of arts (MA) in professional counseling and is a licensed professional counselor (LPC) and licensed chemical dependency counselor (LCDC). Garcia helps clients find new coping mechanisms and create healthier lifestyles. Since she’s bilingual, she officers counseling services in English and Spanish. In-person and online services
Address: Telemundo Building, 1235 North Loop West, Suite 918, Houston, TX 77008
Phone number: (346.361.1744
5. Kimberly Haney, MS, LPCKimberly Haney has a master of science and is a licensed professional counselor (LPC). She is also a member of the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM). Haney has specialized training and education to help individuals and families face substance abuse as well as disorders that accompany it. Enjoying her work with older teens and adults, Haney offers a free 15-minute consultation for prospective clients. In-person and online services
Address: 18333 Egret Bay Boulevard, Houston, TX 77058
Phone number: (281.957.3968
6. Henry M. Pittman, MA, LMFT-S, LPC-S, LCDC, QSAP, MAC, NCC, SAP, SEPHenry M. Pittman has a master of arts (MA), and is a licensed marriage and family therapist supervisor (LMFT-S), licensed professional counselor supervisor (LPC-S), licensed chemical dependency counselor (LCDC), qualified substance abuse professional (QSAP), master addictions counselor (MAC), national certified counselor (NCC), substance abuse professional (SAP), somatic experience practitioner (SEP), and an acupuncture detoxification specialist. Pittman’s long list of credentials illustrates his education and extensive experience treating addictions to drugs and alcohol as well as compulsive gambling or gaming behaviors. He also offers an anger management course, and managing emotions such as anger may help people manage substance abuse and addiction. In-person and online services
Address: Therapeutic Alliance, LLC, 7807 Long Point Drive, Suite 215, Houston, TX 77055
Phone number: (281.214.6237, extension 101
7. Stephanie Powers, MSc, LCDC, CADC IIStephanie Powers has a master of science (MSc) and is a licensed chemical dependency counselor (LCDC) and certified alcohol and drug counselor level two (CADC II). Powers provides addiction counseling after people leave treatment programs (aftercare) as well as coaching for people navigating sobriety. People who seek a holistic approach and want to achieve a balanced lifestyle might want to consider her practice. Online services
Address: Ivy Organics and Holistic Wellness, Houston, TX 77003
Phone number: (832.864.9187
8. Clayton Price, LPC-SClayton Price is a licensed professional counselor supervisor (LPC-S). Price treats people with dual diagnoses of addictions and mental illnesses. His own recovery from substance abuse has helped clients with their struggles.
Address: 2626 South Loop West, Suite 545, Houston, TX 77054
Phone number: (281.612.6735, extension 504782
9. Cheryl Rhode, LCSWCheryl Rhode is a licensed clinical social worker (LCSW). She specializes in assisting clients who are struggling with chemical dependency along with depression, anxiety or grief. The practice addresses stress and negative emotions, which can contribute to substance abuse, addiction, and other problems. In-person and online services
Address: 4545 Post Oak Place, Suite 370, Houston, TX 77027
Phone number: (281.519.6939
10. Desmond White, MA, M.Ed., CART, MAC, SAP, CSOTSDesmond White has a master of arts (MA) and master of education (M.Ed.). White also has Mental Health First Aid certification, is a certified anger resolution therapist (CART), master addictions counselor (MAC), substance abuse professional (SAP), certified sex offender treatment specialist (CSOTS), and a member of the National Certification Commission for Addiction Professionals, NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals. White uses a variety of therapeutic approaches to help clients address their addictions and achieve their goals. Clients can also attend groups that explore addiction, triggers, coping skills, and relapses. Online services
Address: Better Choices Counseling, P.O. Box 840203, Houston, TX 77284
Phone number: (281.783.3124
A Message From Our CEO
Sunshine Behavioral Health strives to help people who are facing substance abuse, addiction, mental health disorders, or a combination of these conditions. It does this by providing compassionate care and evidence-based content that addresses health, treatment, and recovery.
Licensed medical professionals review material we publish on our site. The material is not a substitute for qualified medical diagnoses, treatment, or advice. It should not be used to replace the suggestions of your personal physician or other health care professionals.