Top Addiction Counselors in Schaumburg, ILAddiction can affect anyone. Young or old. Wealthy or poor. Black or white. Gay or straight. No demographic is immune. Drug addiction, in particular the opioid crisis, has hit the area hard. Cook County’s government estimates that 2021’s opioid overdoses are on track to surpass 2020’s numbers. In recent years opioid-connected deaths have climbed. There were 4,283 opioid-linked overdose deaths from January 2018 to December 2020. Fentanyl, a potent synthetic opioid, has increasingly been a factor in those fatalities. It can be difficult to overcome a substance use disorder, but not impossible. Detoxing is important, but so is psychotherapy. Counselors who are trained to administer cognitive-behavioral therapy and other proven treatments can help clients better understand why they use drugs or abuse alcohol and find ways to live substance-free. Below is a selection of Schaumburg, IL-area counselors, and therapists who are trained in helping patients with addiction and related disorders.
1. Patti Di Giacinto, LCSW, CADCPatti Di Giacinto is a licensed clinical social worker (LCSW) and certified alcohol and drug counselor (CADC). Di Giacinto has more than 1,200 training hours working in addiction mood management and grief and bereavement counseling. In addition, she utilizes acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT) and cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) to help her patients. Di Giacinto also is a fully trained eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) practitioner. She has a master’s in social work from Loyola University and is a member of the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) and the Illinois Association of Social Workers.
Address: Private practice, 2030 E Algonquin Road, Suite 401, Schaumburg, IL 60173
Phone number: (847).379.5906
2. Irena Dubiel, LCPC, NCC, CADC, CSAT, CDVPIrena Dubiel is a licensed clinical professional counselor (LCPC), a national certified counselor (NCC), a certified alcohol and drug counselor (CADC), a certified sex addiction therapist (CSAT), and a certified domestic violence professional (CDV). She specializes in treating drug and alcohol abuse, sexual abuse, compulsive behaviors, mood swings, anger, depression, trauma, and more. Dubiel uses cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), motivational interviewing, and other therapies to help her patients. Dubiel is also trained in the use of eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) therapy. She has a master’s in community counseling from Northeastern Illinois University. Dubiel is only providing teletherapy sessions.
Address: Private practice, Schaumburg, IL 60173
Phone number: (847).868.3311
3. Ray S. Kim, Psychologist, PhDDr. Ray S. Kim is a clinical psychologist and a board-certified forensic psychologist who also works with the legal system. He provides independent medical examinations, fitness for duty evaluations, and substance abuse assessments. He specializes in treating patients with depression and mood disorders, anxiety and panic disorders, and alcohol and drug addiction, primarily through cognitive-behavioral therapy. Dr. Kim has Ph.D. and master’s degrees in clinical psychology from Temple University.
Address: Patrick J. Kennelly Ph.D. & Associates P.C., 1340 Remington Road, Suite N, Schaumburg, IL 60173
Phone number: (847).868.3606
4. Karolina Kozakiewicz, LPC, CADCKarolina Kozakiewicz is a licensed professional counselor (LPC) and a Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC). She specializes in treating addiction, anxiety, and personality disorders, using acceptance and commitment (ACT), dialectical behavior (DBT), and mindfulness-based (MBCT) therapies. Kozakiewicz has treated patients both in outpatient and residential settings. She has a master’s in mental health counseling from Northeastern Illinois University. Kozakiewicz is also fluent in Polish.
Address: Psychological Counseling Center, 925 North Plum Grove Road, Suite B, Schaumburg, IL 60175
Phone number: (847).393.8122
5. Jillian Marie, LPC, CADCJillian Marie is a licensed professional counselor (LPC) and a certified alcohol and drug counselor (CADC). She helps patients with addiction, dual diagnosis, and anxiety issues, using evidence-based treatments that include cognitive-behavioral therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, mindfulness-based, motivational interviewing, and more. Marie aims to help her clients build resiliency and learn healthier coping mechanisms.
Address: Holistic Care for Women & Family, 2298 County Line Road, Suite B, Algonquin, IL 60102
Phone number: (630).333.4045
6. Theresa Marotta, LCPC, CADCTheresa Marotta is a licensed clinical professional Counselor (LCPC) and a certified alcohol and drug counselor (CADC). Marotta specializes in working with people who struggle with addiction. She has worked with people addicted to alcohol, heroin, and prescription medications. She uses cognitive-behavioral, dialectical behavior, motivational interviewing to help her clients. Marotta is well-versed in the 12 Steps. She has a master’s in counseling from Northeastern Illinois University.
Address: Jessica A Sweet Therapy, 2060 E Algonquin Road, Suite 702, Schaumburg, IL 60173
Phone number: (847).796.6946
7. Nirmeen Rajani, Psychologist, PsyD.Dr. Nirmeen Rajani specializes in working with both children and adults as well as individuals and families to help them through anxiety, grief, depression, trauma, and substance use disorders, particularly through the use of cognitive-behavioral and narrative therapies. Dr. Rajani received her master’s and doctorate degrees in Clinical Psychology from The Chicago School of Professional Psychology. She completed her doctoral internship at Boston University School of Medicine, Boston Medical Center’s Center for Multicultural Training in Psychology. She has provided clinical services to children and families from under-served communities and worked with adult refugees who are survivors of political torture. She is fluent in Hindi, Urdu, and Gujarati.
Address: Psychology Center Schaumburg, LTD, 1320 Tower Road, Schaumburg, IL 60173
Phone number: (847).786.8222
8. Hira Rehman-Ashraf, LCSWHira Rehman-Ashraf is a licensed clinical social worker (LCSW). She helps patients with anxiety, substance abuse, and mood disorders, using cognitive-behavioral, culturally sensitive, exposure and response prevention, and mindfulness-based therapies. Rehman-Ashraf is also fluent in Urdu and Hindi, and is experienced in working with a broad spectrum of races, ethnicities, and faiths.
Address: 2030 East Algonquin Road, Suite 402, Schaumburg, IL 60173
Phone number: (224).507.6032
9. Meghan Scully, LCSW, CADCMeghan Scully is a licensed clinical social worker and certified alcohol and drug counselor (CADC). She helps patients with addiction, trauma, and anxiety issues using cognitive-behavioral therapy, mindfulness-based, and other approaches. She is also a certified clinical hypnotherapist and also trained in eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) therapy. Scully helps both adults and teens.
Address: Personal Growth Associates, 919 Plum Grove Road, Suite C, Schaumburg, IL 60173
Phone number: (847).796.6530 x338
10. Sheryl Solomon, LCPC, CADCSheryl Solomon is a licensed clinical professional Counselor (LCPC) and a certified alcohol and drug counselor (CADC). She takes a holistic approach to counseling, guiding clients through whatever challenges they face. Solomon helps patients with addictions, depression, coping issues, and eating disorders. Therapies she uses to help her patients include cognitive-behavioral, motivational interviewing, and acceptance and commitment.
Address: Essentially You Counseling & Wellness Services, 125 Fairfield Way, Suite 380, Bloomingdale, IL 60108
Phone number: (224).585.4601
Website: www.essentiallyyoucounseling.comSubstance use disorders can be extremely challenging to overcome, and it grows more complicated if a patient also has a co-occurring disorder like depression, anxiety, or trauma. Psychotherapy can help a patient work through such issues and find healthier ways to cope.
A Message From Our CEO
Sunshine Behavioral Health strives to help people who are facing substance abuse, addiction, mental health disorders, or a combination of these conditions. It does this by providing compassionate care and evidence-based content that addresses health, treatment, and recovery.
Licensed medical professionals review material we publish on our site. The material is not a substitute for qualified medical diagnoses, treatment, or advice. It should not be used to replace the suggestions of your personal physician or other health care professionals.