As early as 2014, Idaho was already a meth trafficking hotspot alongside Oregon. In 2018 the Clark county, Benewah, Payette, and Twin Falls counties had the highest meth arrests. In 2017, Bannock County was already included in the High-Intensity Drug Trafficking Area (HIDTA) list, which is a directory of counties in the country where drug smuggling remains unabated. But Idaho’s methamphetamine crisis started even before that. In 2016, approximately one Idahoan died from meth overdose every week. The number of people who abused the drugs also tripled in 2007 from the 2003 figures.
The Office of the President’s report on the Idaho drug problem revealed that 9.36% of residents in the state used illicit drugs in the past month, which was higher than the national figures of 8.82%. There are no figures on the number of Idaho drug rehab facilities, but the country has more than 14,500 drug rehab facilities for a ratio of 1 per 1,500 patients.
Treatment in Idaho
Most of the time, parents of drug-dependent teenagers may be in denial because they don’t want to change their perfect mental picture of their son or daughter. They also don’t want the stigma to follow them around. Regardless of the reason, without proper acknowledgment of the problem, the solution is not possible. They will continue to sink deeper and deeper into the abyss of misery.
At 11.7 per 100,000 population, the number of drug-induced deaths in Idaho was lower than the national average of 12.9 per 100,000 people in 2010. But that’s small consolation to the family members who had to grieve for the death of a loved one. It also doesn’t tell the whole picture considering that the drug-induced deaths shot up to 76.7% in the state compared to the 40 % increase rate at the national level. Rehabilitation is not a problem. Finding the right Idaho drug rehab center is actually the more pressing concern.
What to Look for in an Idaho Drug Rehab
When looking for the appropriate treatment, it is very important to understand the specific needs of the patient. Having a lot of options will benefit both the patients and their families. This only means that they can window shop for drug rehab centers in Idaho without fear or reservations. The downside of not having multiple choices is that you have to settle for what’s available even if it’s not the right fit for your needs. You end up sacrificing the goal of finding a cure and stick with the band-aid solution for the problem.
Most Idaho drug rehab facilities offer outpatient and inpatient rehab programs. Outside of those spheres, you also have community partnership centers, state-subsidized rehab, diagnostic centers, and aftercare support. There are also drug rehab centers in Idaho that specialize in dual diagnosis, holistic treatment, luxury treatment, 12-step program, and faith-based program. There’s no template for the right Idaho rehab facility. The important thing is that the specific needs of the patient will be addressed.
If you want a homey and comfortable environment because your patient needs to feel that he has not been disintegrated from the family or from society, you can opt for residential drug rehabs have different amenities—from luxury settings that resemble a five-star spa to the basic clinic-like environment that focuses more on functionality than comfort. If you have other specifications like visitor policies, room sharing arrangements, management methods, and amenities, it’s really best to exhaust all possible choices of drug treatment centers in Idaho so that you can choose the facility that is custom-fit to your specifications.
Now is the time to seek help. Call us today.
Benefits of Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers in Idaho
Some individuals of drug rehab centers in Idaho prefer to be outpatients than being admitted to the residential facility for the duration of treatment. One reason is that they don’t want to be stigmatized because of their drug addiction. Some also feel that their drug dependency is one they can manage on their own.
But there are benefits of residential treatment that no outpatient program can provide:
- You can be monitored 24/7 in the drug rehab centers in Idaho
- Family members will have peace of mind knowing that their loved one is safe in the facility
- There’s less risk of relapse among inpatients
- The time frame or length of medication is carefully programmed
- There’s minimal variable (like uncontrolled environment) so healing and recovery is fast and steady
Inpatient programs in Idaho drug rehab centers usually range from 30 days to 90 days of intensive sessions. The facility is also designed to be conducive to the healing process.
Lastly, the most important benefit of submitting oneself into inpatient drug centers is that you will be afforded enough time to reflect on your actions. You can carefully assess your life decisions and find hope to live a sober life with your loved ones again.
What to Expect at Rehab in Idaho
When you admit yourself to an Idaho drug rehab, you can expect that there are skilled professionals who are equipped to take care of your recovery and withdrawal needs.
There are drug rehab centers in Idaho which also specialize in family counseling. They believe that the family is an integral part of the whole drug recovery process. They offer family plans which involve counseling, information dissemination, and sessions that will help equip family members on how to handle and treat a drug dependent. Also, they are taught how to offer support to somebody who is undergoing withdrawal.
Also, some Idaho drug rehabs offer faith-based and 12-step programs as a path to recovery. Facilities that offer faith-based and 12-step programs believe that spiritual guidance is needed in drug addiction healing.
Most of the Idaho drug rehab centers offer a holistic approach in healing and drug recovery. They teach the drug dependents how to reintegrate themselves in society by becoming a valuable member. Rehab centers also deal with PTSD, dual diagnosis, and other forms of mental illness.
Inpatient Drug Rehab in Idaho vs Outpatient
Inpatient drug rehab is offered in hospitals and clinics and is recommended for individuals who have a dual diagnosis or are dealing with mental health issues and addiction simultaneously. Inpatient rehab is also suggested for individuals who do not have a strong support system or have a history of relapsing. Inpatient addiction treatment centers in Idaho are located throughout the state.
Outpatient drug rehab is provided at various sites from clinics to healthcare providers’ offices to local departments of health. Outpatient rehab works well for individuals who want to get clean but have obligations to work, school, or family. There are a number of outpatient addiction treatment centers in Idaho
Understand Your Treatment Options
The best way to the right treatment option is to seek professional advice. Aside from drug recovery programs, Idaho drug rehabs also offer consultation and diagnosis. Not only that, but a good rehab center should also offer programs that can help patients with mental illnesses such as PTSD and dual diagnosis.
Drug addiction is a disease. Since it’s a disease, it’s important to find the right treatment solution from drug rehab centers in Idaho. Complications occur when the behavior becomes violent. In this case, treatment must be provided both for the physical and psychological effects of substance abuse. Rehab options in a drug rehab center in Idaho, and in any facility in general, can only be offered and laid out once diagnosis is made. So before looking for options, consult a doctor and get a diagnosis first.
There are five major treatment options available:
- Dual diagnosis: Dual diagnosis rehabs work with individuals who are coping with mental health issues and addiction. Physicians, social workers, hospitals, and clinics across the state can integrate care to help you recover from both mental illness and chemical dependency.
- Christian rehab: Your faith may be very important to you, and your road to sobriety may benefit from pastoral counseling, Bible study, and support from fellow Christians. Christian drug rehab in Idaho is available for teens, adults, and even mothers and their children.
- Holistic: Want a rehab program that considers you as an entire person and works to heal your mind, body, and spirit? You may be interested in holistic drug rehab in Idaho. Holistic addiction treatment centers in Idaho offer everything from nutrition counseling to outdoor therapy.
- 12 step: 12 step programs follow a structured pathway to recovery that is rooted in spirituality. The best known 12 step program–AA–brings together individuals with alcohol abuse disorder who agree to “surrender their will to a higher power” in order to end their alcohol addiction.
- Non 12 step: Want to achieve sobriety without the structured pathway that AA uses? You may be interested in a non 12 step program. Unlike Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous, a non 12 step program does not follow a stepwise plan to recovery and it lacks the strong spiritual component associated with 12 step programs.
Traveling for Treatment
As most treatment facilities would suggest, staying close to home is not always beneficial for the abuser. More often than not, familiarity with the place and with the people will only encourage them to fall into old patterns.
This is the premise of Idaho drug rehabs that offer luxury alternatives like traveling outside the city for treatment. Drug rehab centers in Idaho offer this option to patients so that they can start again and avoid the same people, setting, and situation which contributed to their substance abuse. It’s like a breath of fresh air for them by being in a new environment and getting a new start. All Idaho drug rehab centers have a lot of options so you can really choose the most appropriate for you. And feel free to explore other options, like drug rehab in Washington, Wyoming drug rehabs, and Northern California drug rehabs.
Paying for Addiction Treatment
A drug rehab center in Idaho is a bit of a luxury. The cost you pay for the program for the Idaho drug rehab actually includes the amenities you’re allowed to use, the duration of the program appropriate for you, professional fee for the experts who will attend to your needs, facilities, and also the type of treatment appropriate to your case.
However, if you compute the cost you have to pay for a drug rehab centers in Idaho and compare it to the cost of drug addiction, it is safe to assume that you are actually saving a lot of money.
Insurance is typically accepted in most drug rehab centers in Idaho though acceptability differs from one facility to another. An Idaho drug rehab center will help check with your insurance company on the type of coverage you are entitled to. Recovering from drug addiction is an uphill battle. However, the journey will be worthwhile and less terrifying if your loved ones have your back. Knowing that you’re not alone in all your struggles is more than enough assurance that you can make it to through the hurdle.
If you’re suffering from drug addiction and you have an amazing support system, you have a better chance of recovering. But the important thing is the will and determination to change. With these, along with the help of Idaho drug rehab treatment centers, half of the battle is won.
- usatoday.com – U.S. Attorney: Meth is the biggest drug problem in Idaho
- drugabuse.gov – U.S. Attorney: Meth is the biggest drug problem in Idaho
- drugabuse.gov – Principles of Drug Addiction Treatment: A Research-Based Guide
- idahostatesman.com – Idaho is grappling with opioid addiction — just like our neighbors in other states
- journals.elsevier.com – Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment
- emedicine.medscape.com – Alcoholism Treatment & Management
- drugabuse.gov – Principles of Drug Addiction Treatment: A Research-Based Guide (Third Edition)
- vox.com – Why some people swear by Alcoholics Anonymous — and others despise it
- vox.com – Why some people swear by Alcoholics Anonymous — and others despise it
- samhsa.gov – Substance Abuse and Mental Illness Prevention
Sunshine Behavioral Health strives to help people who are facing substance abuse, addiction, mental health disorders, or a combination of these conditions. It does this by providing compassionate care and evidence-based content that addresses health, treatment, and recovery.
Licensed medical professionals review material we publish on our site. The material is not a substitute for qualified medical diagnoses, treatment, or advice. It should not be used to replace the suggestions of your personal physician or other health care professionals.
Talk with one of our Treatment Specialists!
Call 24/7: 949-276-2886