Mountain Springs Recovery - Monument, Colorado
GET HONEST & ACCURATE QUOTE
Non 12 Step Rehab in Aurora, Colorado
Upscale Colorado facility with medication assisted treatment and Non-12-Step program options
- Keep your phone and laptop
- Safe 24/7 monitored detox
- SMART options
- Dual diagnosis programs
- Long-term arrangements
- Thorough aftercare planning
- Located in Monument, CO
- Out of state options in CA, TX and IL
Check your coverage and get informed on admission process! Call us at:555-555-5555*
*HIPPA Compliant and 100% confidential
MAXIMIZE YOUR PPO COVERAGE WITH OUR HELP
We will work with insurance to get you the best possible coverage and minimize expenses.
Non 12 Step Rehab in Aurora, Colorado
Aurora, Colorado, is a bustling city offering everything residents and visitors can want, from art to history to restaurants and theaters. Unfortunately, like other cities across the nation, Aurora is facing a rise in abuse. With soaring drug use across the city, many people are looking for ways to break the cycle of addiction. Luckily, there are a variety of programs that can help.
Addiction Statistics in Aurora Colorado
Drug use statistics in Colorado show a rise in drug-related deaths (which hit an all-time high in 2020) and an increase in drug use. One 2019 report ranked Colorado 9th in the United States for drug use and first for those needing treatment. With reports of one in 141 people in Aurora falling victim to drug-related crime, it’s no wonder the city has made rehab a top priority.
Non 12 Step Rehab in Aurora, Colorado
Most people are familiar with 12-Step programs like the one offered by Alcoholics Anonymous (AA). A good program, run by volunteers, it – and those like it – have helped millions of people break their reliance on drugs and alcohol. Still, these 12-step programs have limitations. First, they rely heavily on volunteer support in place of trained counselors. This can be helpful in the right setting but should not be used in place of trained professionals when dealing with addiction. These programs also tout that a person’s addiction is solely due to behavioral issues, not genetics or physical or mental disorders. This can leave some unable to get past their addiction and find the freedom from it they deserve.
Non-12-step rehab programs that use behavioral and cognitive therapy, dual diagnosis, and more utilize a more science-centric approach that includes medicine and behavioral therapies to aid the healing process. Instead of relying solely on support mechanisms, they work to get to the root cause of a person’s addiction and offer a true treatment option.
If you have ever been through a traditional 12-step program, you will see the differences between them and a non-12-step program. The first calls the patient an addict and believes they are helpless to their addiction without the help of a higher power. Non-12-step programs utilize the science and methodology behind addiction and help patients accept responsibility for their actions without deeming them helpless.
Non-12-step programs utilize a variety of therapies depending on the person, type, and level of addiction. These therapies may include such things as:
- Behavioral therapies, including cognitive therapy, group therapy, and even motivational enhancement therapy.
- Medication-assisted treatments. Several different medications, like methadone and Vivitrol, can help reduce withdrawal symptoms without creating euphoria and block the drugs from entering the bloodstream. These can sometimes be effective when treating addiction.
- Holistic treatment offers a more natural whole-body approach to addiction treatment, dealing with every aspect of the problem, including physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual issues.
By offering a variety of help, non-12-step programs give those seeking assistance in their addiction choices to find the program and therapies best suited for them – thus offering a greater success rate.
What to Look for in Non-12 Step Rehab in Aurora, Colorado
With so many options for help available, you may wonder what to look for in a non-12-step rehab program in Aurora, Colorado. Here are a few suggestions to get you started in your search:
- Accreditation: First and foremost, you need to find a rehab facility that meets all industry care standards and has been recognized by the state and local licensing authorities for quality care. The easiest way to check a facility’s accreditation is through Joint Commission, a nonprofit group that tracks rehab facilities and their ability to offer good care.
- Programs: from the most conventional to the most unique, non-12-step rehab programs come in all shapes and sizes and feature treatment options that best suit the patient. This can mean offering standard programs that follow a schedule (similar to a 12-step program) or combining treatment approaches to offer suitable care that meets an individual’s needs. This customized approach offers individual counseling, group therapy, behavioral counseling, holistic help, and more. Before choosing a rehab facility, check their program offerings carefully to see if they meet your needs and expectations.
- Facilities: Amenities aren’t everything, but they are important when getting the kind of care you expect. Every rehab facility is designed to cater to a certain type of patient that can look and feel very different. For instance, some people prefer a structured or hospital-like setting, while others want a more relaxed atmosphere resembling a comfortable home or spa. Think about what type of setting will feel most comfortable for you and that will aid your healing, not distract from it.
- Services: As is the case with the setting and programs offered at specific rehab centers, the services offered can differ dramatically. One may offer a state-of-the-art gym while another concentrates more on offering holistic healing help like massage and acupuncture. If a medication or prayer room is important to you, then be sure to ask. Or maybe high-quality meals are what will aid your healing process. Then look for a facility that offers fine dining versus a cafeteria-style approach. Is a private room what you expect? Be sure that the facility caters to this demographic and does not require all patients to share a room with one or more companions. These are all things to consider when choosing a facility for your rehab treatment.
What to Expect During Non-12 Step Rehab at Aurora Colorado
It doesn’t matter what type of rehab you decide is best for you; the intake process remains the same. Once you enter the facility, you can expect to experience the following:
We aren’t just here to help you beat your addiction. We are here to make you feel safe and comfortable so you can embrace the journey ahead. This begins with a warm welcome at our front door. The intake process involves answering some questions and filling out a few initial forms. Then you will be taken to a medical facility for a complete physical (which may include a blood draw or other medical tests) and a mental and emotional evaluation. All this will help your treatment team decide what options to present to you so they can design a treatment plan that will work for you and you alone.
Once all of this preliminary stuff is taken care of, you will begin your medical detox. This is where you cleanse your body of the substances or alcohol you’ve been using. Detox can take between 3-10 days and often results in experiencing withdrawal. Withdrawal symptoms can be quite unpleasant, but your team will be available 24/7 to help ease your discomfort and get you through the process.
You may have heard horror stories about the detox process, but please know that we are here to make the experience as easy to handle as possible, offering a variety of help to get you through. Nausea and vomiting can be controlled with medications and herbal remedies; massage therapy can ease muscle pain, and fatigue can be lessened with quality sleep.
What’s important is the support you need during the withdrawal process. That’s where our team of professionals comes in – standing by you every minute and giving you the right support you need when you need it.
After you complete detox, you will be ready to begin the treatment program that your team has put together with you. This is the bulk of your time in rehab and is considered the meat of your care program.Treatment can consist of a variety of programs, including:
- one on one counseling
- group therapy
- behavioral/cognitive therapy
- holistic healing
- alternative support like meditation, massage, etc.
For most, a non-12-step program lasts between 30 and 90 days. But, once you are released, there will still be work to do to stay sober. Aftercare is integral to any drug rehab and should include a comprehensive plan to keep you from falling back into your old drug-use habits. Before you leave, we will help you find a counselor in your home area that you can see either in person or via the computer. We will also help you find a support group and help you find ways to integrate new lifestyle habits into your daily routine.
Be sure that you understand your aftercare regime before you leave rehab, and make sure all follow-up appointments are set up before discharge.
Paying for Non 12 Step Rehab in Aurora, Colorado
Money should never get in the way of getting the help you need. Thankfully, plenty of resources are available to patients to help cover any expenses they may incur.
To find out what you may have to pay on your own, be sure to verify your insurance.
Once you know your out-of-pocket expenses, you can find a way to pay for them. This may include one or more of these options:
- Medical Loans
- Personal Loans
- Home Equity Loans
- Enhanced Employer Benefits
- Asking Friends and Family for Help
Traveling to Aurora Colorado
A bustling city of nearly 400,00 people, Aurora is easy to access by plane, train, and automobile. Tucked between three major highways (Interstates 70, 225, and the E-470 Beltway), Aurora is close to the Denver Airport and offers regular train service in and out of the city. Getting from neighborhood to neighborhood can be done by car or train.
Not everyone finds traditional 12-step programs effective when battling addiction. That’s why it is important to look into non-12-step rehab in Aurora too. This option offers a myriad of healing opportunities that can help you break your addiction and live a freer, cleaner life. Ready to begin enjoying a drug-free life? Look at what non 12 step rehab in Aurora, Colorado can offer.
Sunshine Behavioral Health strives to help people who are facing substance abuse, addiction, mental health disorders, or a combination of these conditions. It does this by providing compassionate care and evidence-based content that addresses health, treatment, and recovery.
Licensed medical professionals review material we publish on our site. The material is not a substitute for qualified medical diagnoses, treatment, or advice. It should not be used to replace the suggestions of your personal physician or other health care professionals.