The high rehabilitation costs can be a burden but it’s not impossible for somebody with a substance abuse problem to afford them. Indeed, the cost of for inpatient rehab can be taunting for many people, and it is the reason some individuals forego treatment and attempt to kick their drug or alcohol addiction on their own. Many are unsuccessful at breaking the habit; furthermore, drug or alcohol detox without medical supervision can be dangerous and even fatal.
An estimated 1.5 percent of adults in 2016 received any substance use treatment. However, millions of addicted individuals also feel like they don’t really need the treatment because their addiction is something they can deal with on their own. Of course, they are in denial of the true extent of their addiction. In fact, denial is one of the signs to spot a person with drug dependency.
In the United States, there are over 14,500 rehab centers for both alcohol and drugs. That’s not exactly a high number considering the millions of Americans whose brains are addled with substance use. You also have to take into account the fact that more than 70,000 people died in 2019 due to a drug overdose.
How Much Does Rehab Cost?
The cost of drug rehab and the alcohol rehab cost will depend on many variables.
- The type of program – There are basically two types of treatment programs: the inpatient and outpatient service. The inpatient or residential treatment program requires that the individual should stay in the rehab center for a fixed period or until the person is cleared by the team of doctors or counselors. The outpatient program, meanwhile, allows the individual to continue with his life with minimal disruption provided he completes the sessions.
- The type of rehab center – When choosing a facility, you have a choice between a luxury rehab or standard rehab. Luxury, of course, will feature top-of-the-line amenities and expertise. You will rub elbows with the rich and the famous in one of these luxury rehabs. There’s another option for businessmen and CEOs, and this is the executive treatment. It’s a hybrid between an inpatient and outpatient program in the way the patient will stay in the facility but still have access to email, mobile phone, and visitors so they can continue running their businesses from the inside.
- The location of the facility – Rehabs in more sought-after locations, like Malibu Beach, will cost much more compared to treatment facilities in less popular locations, like Texas or Colorado.
- Population size – A rehab center that will limit the number of population per program will command a higher price in terms of the drug rehab cost. One advantage of a small population is that the counselors can really focus on each patient instead of stretching themselves thin in order to accommodate the needs of all their patients.
- Type of treatment service – If detox alone, you will significantly reduce the rehab cost. But you add to the cost once you include counseling, or yoga and meditation, behavioral therapy, and aftercare service, etc. Your expenses will accrue in the long run.
- The Length of the treatment – The standard rehab length is from 30 days to 90 days. The longer you are staying in the facility, the bigger the expenses will be. For some patients who are found to be dealing with the dual diagnosis, a longer rehab stay may be in order.
What are the types of therapies used in rehab?
Alcohol and drug addiction is a very complex problem. This is why there’s no single standard for treatment that can cure the disease. It will also depend on the patient response. While there are so many therapy models available, the physician will still gauge the reaction of the individual to the treatment being used.
Among the therapies employed by the rehab centers are:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.
- Motivational Interviewing.
- Pharmacotherapy or medically assisted treatment, which works best for dual diagnosis.
- Humanistic Approach.
- Holistic Therapy.
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy.
- Didactic Therapy.
- Organized Recreation Therapy.
Drug rehab centers also involve families in their approach to treatment. However, family intervention, in this case, is quite different from the methods used by the typical family therapist. It’s more like a confrontation more than anything else where each member of the family is allowed to voice out all his or her grievances. The purpose is to show the addicted individual the extent of the damage of the abuse to the family unit.
How Much Does Inpatient Drug Rehab Cost?
As already mentioned, the inpatient drug rehab is a more expensive option compared to the intensive outpatient program. With that said, a train therapist can be the one to recommend the best treatment program for the patient after a series of evaluations. This is usually done during the intake process, which involves an extensive interview, along with laboratory tests to establish a baseline data.
The best way to find the cost of the inpatient rehab is to call the rehab facility and have them verify the benefits with your insurance.
How Much Does Alcohol Rehab Cost?
The rehab cost for alcohol abuse disorder is similar to the drug treatment program. The length of treatment will range from 28-30 days for the short program, 60-days, and 90 days. However, some patients need to stay beyond the 90-day standard maximum treatment due to a host of complications. They will stay there for as long as the physicians and counselors will deem necessary.
However, it should be noted that the longer the patient stays in the drug rehab facility, the greater the success rate of relapse prevention would be.
Once again to find the exact cost, call the rehab facility and verify your insurance. Talk to a Intake Coordinator
Take The First Step Towards Recovery
Talk to a Intake Coordinator
What can you expect from Alcohol Rehab?
Individuals will undergo an intake procedure. Your overall physical and mental health will be evaluated, as well as the severity of your alcohol addiction. The physician will then recommend the ideal treatment plan for you based on the results of your tests.
The next step is detoxification to manage the withdrawal symptoms of the abused substance . It can last anywhere from three days up to two weeks, depending on the severity of the abuse and the ability of the individual to respond to treatment. In some respects, alcohol withdrawal is more dangerous compared to some illicit drugs and prescription opioids because alcohol overdose claims more lives. In fact, there were 72,558 alcohol-related deaths recorded in 2017 in the United States. This is why alcohol detox is closely supervised by a trained physician or detox specialist to prevent irreparable damage to the patient’s health.
How much is Drug Rehab Insurance?
The alcohol and drug rehabilitation costs will be offset if you have insurance. There are many options you can take such as private health insurance, veteran’s insurance, Medicaid, Medicare or state-financed insurance. Not all private rehab centers, however, will accept Medicaid and Medicare insurance, it is important to check with the facility first.
The Affordable Care Act already required insurance companies to include mental health treatment and substance abuse rehab in their coverage. This means they can no longer reject your application because of a pre-existing mental health disorders. In the same manner, they are prohibited from jacking up their insurance premiums on account of your drug or alcohol addiction.
You may contact your insurance provider to determine coverage . The deductibles, co-pays and, co-insurance costs will be computed to determine your out-of-pocket expenses. The drug rehab center can also call your insurance company on your behalf. Meanwhile, soldiers and veterans may avail of the government subsidy through the Veterans Affairs Office to treat their alcohol or drug dependence.
Nevertheless, if your insurance is not enough to cover the costs, you can work with the drug rehab facility with their payment plans. Through this program, you can defer payment after you have completed the program or you can pay in increments to avoid putting a huge burden on your household finances.
You can talk to the rehab counselor during the intake process to determine your options in shouldering the cost of drug rehab.
When you are talking about how much is the average cost of rehab, you have to factor in the projected expenses arising from aftercare programs. These are instrumental to the success of the recovery due to the extensive relapse prevention techniques the patient will learn. Aside from that, the patient will also be taught real-life skills to make his transition back into mainstream society easier. If you find yourself asking more questions about addiction rehab when it comes to the cost of rehab, can you smoke cigarettes in rehab, how long does rehab take to complete or some of the most frequently asked questions about rehab we’re here to help!
Sunshine Behavioral Health strives to help people who are facing substance abuse, addiction, mental health disorders, or a combination of these conditions. It does this by providing compassionate care and evidence-based content that addresses health, treatment, and recovery.
Licensed medical professionals review material we publish on our site. The material is not a substitute for qualified medical diagnoses, treatment, or advice. It should not be used to replace the suggestions of your personal physician or other health care professionals.
Talk with one of our Treatment Specialists!
Call 24/7: 949-276-2886