Are you struggling with an addiction to Lunesta, or think you or a loved one may be abusing their prescription? These drugs are dangerous because they are highly addictive and can have deadly side effects. If you or someone you know is suffering from Lunesta addiction, then we are happy you are here to learn more about what is drug addiction and what you can do to help. There is light at the end of the tunnel.
Lunesta is a hypnotic drug that is used to help people sleep. It is often prescribed to patients who have sleeping issues like insomnia. It is designed to help you sleep longer and decrease the times you wake up during the night. You may find it dangerous if you take the drug during the day where you have to drive, operate machinery, or eat. You may find the drug under other names such as A- and Zombie Pills.
Lunesta abuse comes when you become addicted to the relaxation you get from the pill. You may take it for prescribed reasons, but your body will not be able to stop taking it. You might see how relaxed someone else is, and want to take Lunesta to achieve a similar state of being. At that point, you might continue to take it, and build up a dependency. Your reason for taking the drug might be to rid yourself of emotional and physical burdens.
You are likely to find that you or your loved one will not believe they are actually addicted. You might find some resistance to them truly wanting to get better. It will be a difficult process if they are resistant to seek treatment. You will need to convince yourself or your loved one that the process to a clear mind is the only real choice.
Here are Signs of Lunesta abuse:
- Fighting the urge to sleep
- Unusual sleeping
- Is no longer interested in interaction with family and friends
- Weight change
- Continues Lunesta after prescription
- Impairment of driving, memory and coordination
Lunesta abusers are likely to experience a whole range of side effects related to the use of the drug.
- You will find Lunesta abuse debilitates your body and mind while under its influence.
- Very commonly, you might find yourself confused and being clumsy and stumbling.
- You might develop anxiety and restlessness or find your mood changes.
- In other cases, you might become very tired or have difficulty breathing from your chest tightening.
- You could also develop a skin rash and see your personality become ever more aggressive as time goes on.
- In very rare cases, you may have trouble remembering things if you are older, and find behavioral or mental changes too.
If you are experiencing any of these side effects from the drug, you must go seek help right away. You must call us immediately to talk about how we can help you. We want to help you get better, and this is your chance. Once we have made contact, we will listen to your case, and can provide you with a long list of options about the best Lunesta treatment facility that will make you feel comfortable and will fix your addiction immediately.
The Lunesta addict will find a whole different host of challenges if they overdose on the drug. Some of these will be much harsher for you to endure than the previous impacts the drug will normally have on you. You may have problems breathing or your blood pressure might jump up and down. Hypotension and depression of your central nervous system are also possible. The worst of the effects would be a loss of consciousness or a coma.
If you find you are having any of these effects with use of the drug, you might be experiencing a Lunesta overdose. Call an ambulance immediately if you or a loved one show signs of Lunesta overdose.
When you are weaning off Lunesta, you will find difficulties on the road to getting clean. You want to pay attention to how long you’ve been taking the drug and in what quantities. It might be easier on your mind and body for you to wean off the drug.
You need to consider whether you should wean yourself off with the help of a doctor slowly or jump off cold turkey. Once you have decided to stop your Lunesta abuse, you will begin to have the withdrawal consequences take place:
- Your stomach will feel nauseated.
- You will experience abnormal dreams.
- You will become depressed or anxious.
- You will feel light headed and dizzy.
- You will become exhausted.
- Your mood will change profusely.
- Your body will shake rapidly.
- You will become nauseous.
- You will sweat a lot.
- You might vomit.
It is important to go thru detox with medical supervision. This is your chance to make your life whole again. Ask yourself if want to continue on living as you have? You have an opportunity, and we are here to help you restore the life you once had. It’s time to start moving forward again.
When you decide your Lunesta abuse is too much and you need to seek treatment, you must start to reflect on your life thus far.
Are you going to take the treatment seriously, so you never have to return to your Lunesta addiction?
You will need to consider which Lunesta abuse treatment is best for you. You will encounter the detoxification process, which may require the use of other drugs such as Methadone or Naltrexone, to wean you off of your Lunesta addiction. This technique may require 24 medical care, and is commonly used to help people with alcohol addictions as well.
The other most common Lunesta treatment strategy you will encounter is residential treatment. This can be short-term or long-term for you. You will be placed in a communal living facility that is focused on helping you get clean. It will last anywhere from 3 weeks until 12 months. The treatment might also offer a 12-step program that will help you move back to your normal life after the Lunesta abuse.
You might be placed in a group or private counseling session, which are designed to help you cope with emotional pains of recovering from your Lunesta abuse. There is likely to be on-site medical assistance at the ready to help you. It is important you check the accreditation credentials of your medical institution to make sure it meets your standards for quality medical care. But, you don’t have to do it alone.
- Step 1 – Intake: When you arrive at your facility you will be assessed by the medical professionals to determine your treatment through detox, as well as your rehabilitation program.
- Step 2 – Detox: After your assessment or intake you will be taken to your room where you can rest and be monitored while you go through the withdrawal of your drug use. Detox can range from 1 day to a week, depending on the drug of choice and the user.
- Step 3 – Rehab: After you finish detox you will be ready to begin your addiction treatment, which can range from a variety of different options. This is when you will be able to meet others, attend lectures, participate in group or individual counseling, and learn the tools you need to stay clean.
- Step 4 – Aftercare: When your time at the facility is over, you will have to go back to your life. This can be a challenge for a lot of people, but part of your treatment includes aftercare. This is usually outpatient counseling in a group or individualized setting, where you are slowly introduced back to your life and responsibilities.
Admitting you have a Lunesta abuse problem is never easy. It’s the hardest thing you have to come to terms to in your life. Have you been accomplishing goals you wanted to in your life? Have you traveled to the places you always wanted? Have you fallen in love the way you always thought you could? These are important items on your checklist to recovery that you will need to look at.
You don’t need to do it by yourself. We’ll be waiting for you to come knocking on our door. We will also guide you through different Lunesta treatment institutions that will fix you once and for all. You may be broken now, but you’ll be whole by the time we’re done with you.
Helping a Friend or Family Member Address Their Lunesta Addiction
For you, the loved one of the Lunesta abuser, you are about to face a tough road. You never wanted to be put in this position. You didn’t want your loved one to go down the road to Lunesta addiction. Now, they have, and it’s time for you to address it.
The first thing you will want to do is educate yourself on the Lunesta drug and why your loved one became addicted in the first place. Such knowledge is paramount to you thoroughly convincing your loved one they have a problem. You will want to look at how Lunesta can become addictive and what must be done to wean your loved one off it. Once you have educated yourself thoroughly on the drug, it’s time to put the pedal to the metal:
- Alert other family members and friends.
- Consider such a discussion with the Lunesta abuser themselves.
- Make sure that you don’t bring up the topic when the person is high or intoxicated.
- Find a time to talk that is more than a mere few minutes.
- Tell this person you are concerned and care about them.
- Alert them to the behaviors and symptoms you have seen them displaying or exhibiting from the Lunesta use.
- Create a dialogue where it is two way and you are talking with the person.
This is often referred to as an intervention. It might be more effective with multiple parties involved. A time and place will have to be agreed upon by all parties involved, and you will need to keep the intervention confidential. If one word about it gets out, then the Lunesta abuser might not want to take part. You and your loved ones will want to express the same concerns and wishes for the Lunesta addict’s well-being. An intervention is not the end all, be all, but, it can be the first hurdle you
- Let them know you are aware of their problem
- Let them know that you care, and want to help
- Tell them that there are treatment options for them
- Tell them that you love them and will be there
- Bring this up when they are under the influence
- Make them feel like they are failures
- Let them convince you they don’t need treatments
- Bring up too many hurtful reminders of their addiction at once
The Bottom Line: You Can Beat Lunesta Addiction
If you’ve reached this point it is hard to deny the fact that you’re serious about beating your Lunesta addiction, and that is something to have pride in. Your life matters and there is no reason why you should allow a drug to dictate the rest of your life when help is available.
Remember, choosing to go into a Lunesta rehab treatment center for Lunesta abuse will help you rid yourself of the horrible side effects you’ve had to endure, extend your life span, and most importantly place you on track towards regaining you own life. So don’t fight addiction alone. Instead allow us to help you live the life you deserve to have.
You must realize you are not alone in your quest to get clean. We want to hold your hand every step of the way and counsel you through the tough road ahead. We believe we can help you pinpoint the treatment that’s best for you based on your needs and comfort level. This is all begins with us having a dialogue. We are already waiting right now for you to call. But, that will be your duty to get in touch with us.
You do not have to be addicted to drugs for the rest of your life, there is a way to change. You can start a new life, meet new people, and learn new ways to deal with your stress and anxiety. If you are truly serious about your recovery then give us a call today!