Drug and Alcohol Resources in Garland
In 2017, Garland ranked as the 3rd Best City for Living the American Dream. But does living the American Dream include risking your life and affecting the lives of those around you due to substance abuse? Unfortunately, just like most other cities in the United States, Garland is not safe from the frightening substance abuse crisis that is seizing America and has taken the lives of 70,237 people due to drug overdoses.
The use of any harmful substances such as alcohol, cigarettes, and drugs affects the bodies in several different ways. Prolonged use can even increase the chance of addiction and acquiring life-threatening symptoms and diseases. Its harmful effects will not only affect you, but also your family, friends, and the community. Luckily there are treatment programs that individuals can receive from rehab centers in Garland to help them recover from their addiction. Depending on the substance they are addicted to, they can go to a Garland drug rehab or alcohol treatment centers Garland.
Commonly Abused Substances in Garland, TX
The problem with drugs and other addictive substances affects every state in the United States including Texas. The State of Texas is one of the most populous states in America with an estimated population of about 28.7 million in 2018. Based on the National Survey on Drug Use and Health from 2015 to 2016, the State of Texas had 7.54 percent of people using illicit drugs in the past month and 47.14 percent of individuals used alcohol in the past month.
Most of the City of Garland’s territory is located within the county of Dallas and with a tiny portion located within the county of Collin and Rockwall. In the years of 2014 up to 2016, Dallas County had 949 reported deaths due to a drug overdose, the second highest just after Harris County, and Collin County had 227 deaths while Rockwall had 17.
In the city of Garland, the most commonly abused substances include alcohol, prescription drugs, marijuana, methamphetamine, cocaine, and heroin. Addiction to any of the substances mentioned causes harmful effects to the body that may lead to death. Seeking immediate treatment and recovering should be given utmost importance to avoid these risks. Garland rehab facilities are available and accessible to help anyone dealing with addiction.
Substance Abuse Issues in Garland, TX
Throughout the years, the City of Garland has been facing serious problems with heroin and prescription drugs addiction and misuse that several of these cases have been reported on the news and on the internet.
Easy access to drugs like heroin, that even high school students in Garland can already buy and use, has increased the rate of a overdose in the past years. Prescription drugs that are also addictive and harmful when misused can even be bought on the internet with no questions asked. In 2015 alone, 1,174 deaths due to opioids, including prescription opioids and heroin were recorded by the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Addiction to heroin and prescription drugs call for individuals to immediately seek help from Garland drug rehab centers before it leads to overdose. With interventions from authorities, parents, and Garland rehabilitation centers, prevention, and recovery from addiction is possible.
Substance Abuse among College Students in Garland, TX
The youth and college students of Garland are not safe from the problems of substance use addiction. Luckily, laws such as the Safe and Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act (SDFSCA) and Higher Education Act requires schools, universities, and colleges to provide their students with programs that will help prevent the use and abuse of addictive substances such as alcohol and drugs. Some Universities and Colleges in Garland that implement these programs include Amberton University, Eastfield College, Richland College Garland Campus, and more.
Rehab facilities in Garland provide treatments for adults and the youth alike. On-campus counseling is available for students, but some cases would require treatment from a Garland rehab. Universities and colleges can help refer students to Garland rehab centers that best fits them and their case.
Types of Treatments Available in Rehabilitation Facilities in Garland, TX
Each individual is unique and experiences substance abuse, its severity, and its effect differently. Recovering from substance abuse addiction requires a treatment program that will address all the needs, problems and the underlying issues of the patient.
With this, there are different types of treatment programs that a patient can receive. Depending on the kind and severity of their addiction, their substance abuse treatment Garland can be a combination of various programs or just a single one.
- Detox Programs – Detox in Garland is the first step in recovery. Flushing out the toxic substances in the body is required to eliminate the patient’s dependence on it. Life-threatening withdrawal symptoms can occur, therefore, it is best to detox at Detox center Garland. Another option is medical detox Garland, which provides medical assistance including medications and supervision from doctors and nurses for patients.
- 12 Step Program – Some alcohol and drug rehab in Garland provides 12 step programs based on spirituality and religion. This program was is also used by support groups such as Alcoholics Anonymous Garland and Narcotics Anonymous Garland.
- Non 12 Step Rehab in Garland – Alcohol and drug rehab centers in Garland with non 12 step programs use evidence-based approaches in treating addiction. This includes cognitive behavior therapy, neurofeedback, individual and group therapy, and more.
- Dual Diagnosis Rehab in Garland – Rehabs in Garland that offer dual diagnosis will help patients treat both their addiction as well as the underlying issues such as depression, anxiety, and other mental disorders.
- Luxury Rehab in Garland – This kind of Garland treatment center includes a gorgeous view and luxurious amenities that will help relax patients and make them feel like they are on vacation while being treated.
- AA Garland – Garland AA meeting schedule can be attended by people suffering from alcohol addiction. They have an open meeting where anyone, such as friends and families of patients, who wants to understand how it works, can attend. Closed AA meetings Garland, on the other hand, can only be attended by those dealing with alcohol problems.
- NA Garland – Similar with AA meetings, there are open NA meetings for anyone who are curious about the program, and closed meetings that are only for individuals suffering from any type of addiction.
- Addiction of any kind must immediately be addressed through proper treatment programs. Correct screening of an individual’s addiction is important before admission to treatment centers in Garland.
Paying for Rehab Centers in Texas
Before admission to rehab centers in or near Garland, a lot of individuals asks how they will pay for the treatment. There are a lot of options when paying for rehab in Texas. Patients can choose from:
- Personal savings
- Loan from family and friends
- Employment or private medical insurance
- Payment plans
- Government help
- NGOs help
Types of Insurances to Use for rehab facilities
If you or your loved one is planning on seeking help for substance abuse through rehab, verify your insurance through the rehab facility if substance abuse treatment is covered by your insurance. Check the treatment benefits that your employment or private medical insurance covers.