Drug and Alcohol Resources in Houston
Unfortunately, when it comes to Houston, TX, there are many different substances being abused. According to the CDC, during 2014, there were 2,601 overdose deaths reported. Some of the most commonly abused substances in Houston are alcohol, heroin, opiates of other sorts, cocaine, marijuana, methamphetamine, tranquilizers, sedatives, hallucinogens, PCP, and inhalants. Each of these can lead to terrible side effects, addiction, and even fatalities. Before discussing more about these types of substance abuse, types of treatment for them, and a bit more about substance abuse, it is important to know there are treatment programs available for you.. If you need to overcome an addiction, make the call to detox Houston or rehabs in Houston today.
Learn More About Commonly Abused Substances in Houston
As mentioned above, the most commonly abused substances in Houston, TX are alcohol, heroin, opiates of other sorts, cocaine, marijuana, methamphetamine, tranquilizers, sedatives, hallucinogens, PCP, and inhalants. If you have an addiction to any of these substances or others, you can enroll into a rehab Houston program today.
According to SAMHSA, the Houston-Sugar Land-Baytown Metropolitan area had 11.8% of people abusing some form of harmful substance, during 2005 to 2010. As you can tell, substance abuse has been happening for many years, and in various recent years, the statistics just keep on rising. According to National Institute on Drug Abuse, the number of heroin-overdose related deaths went up from 2010 to 2016. During 2010, there were 260 heroin related overdose deaths and during 2016, there were 530 deaths.
According to Texas Health and Human Services, during 2015 and with the ages of 15-24, there were 149 opioid related deaths. From the ages of 65-74, there were 32 opioid related deaths. The highest statistic in this study shows that the ages of 25-34, there were 317 opioid related deaths.
If you are addicted to any of these drugs or other harmful substances, you could seek help and treatment through:
- AA Houston
- Non 12 step rehab in Houston
- Luxury rehab in Houston
- NA Houston
- SMART Recovery Meetings in Houston
- Detox center Houston
Get the help you need today. Start treatment before any other negative side effects occur or before you lose your life to these substances.
Substance Abuse Issues Specific to the Houston, TX Region
In Houston, there are many substances being abused every single day, by many different age ranges. In the last 10 years, the numbers of substance abuse and addiction reports, as well as overdose deaths, has risen significantly. There are some specific substance abuse issues that Houston is dealing with. First, Houston is considered to be HIDTA, by the DEA. This means they are a High-Intensity Drug Trafficking Area.
The DEA states, in order for an area to classify as HIDTA, they must qualify in the following ways:
- Area must be a center location for illegal drugs including with production, importation, distribution, or manufacturing
- Area must have law enforcement who are committed to developing resources and teams who will respond to the issues related to trafficking of drugs
- Area must suffer from significant, detrimental impact from activities related to drugs
- Area must have be in the need for significantly more federal resources to handle the issue related to drugs
Houston qualifies under these standards, which means there is high concern for the area. Traffickers are coming in through Mexico, on the southern Texas border. Some traffickers come through the Gulf of Texas too. A lot of the drugs trafficked in are kept in Houston, TX. There are teams in place to help Houston get back on track. However, preventing and stopping substance abuse completely are two different things.
Other issues related to Houston, TX in regards to substance abuse include the following:
- Increased calls to the poison control center due to drug abuse
- Increased arrests made due to substance abuse
- Increased deaths related to substance abuse
Substance Abuse in Houston, TX Area and State Colleges
In Houston, unfortunately, substance abuse is even hitting the local colleges quite hard. Many of the colleges, including Houston Community College, has Substance Abuse Divisions in place, to try preventing addiction and help those who need treatment. During 2005, a study was done at Columbia University, through National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse. They found the following this about the full-time college students:
- 40.8% of them had gotten intoxicated in the prior 3 months from the study
- 58% of the 18 to 22 year olds had drank alcohol in the prior month
- 37.9% of th 18 to 22 year olds had binge drank in the prior month
- 12.5% of the 18 to 22 year olds had drank heavily in the prior month
As you can see, the statistics related particularly to the group of 18 to 22 year olds, is alarmingly high. There are counselors in place at the school to help these students navigate their way into treatment.
Throughout the state of Texas, some of the statistics found in a Texas College Survey of Substance Abuse, were the following:
- Alcohol is the most common substance to be used amongst Texas college students
- Around 73% of college students in Texas consumed alcohol during the prior year
- Around 35% of college students in Texas binge drank during the prior month
- Around 33% of college students in Texas used marijuana during the prior year
Again, you can see alcohol is one of the most commonly abused substances, not only in Houston, TX, but in the entire state as well. Do you have an addiction or issue with substance abuse? If so, be sure to get
Types of Treatment for Substance Abuse in Houston, TX
There are many different kinds of treatment available for substance abuse and addiction. Whether someone is addicted to drugs or alcohol, they can get the help they need from the best rehab centers to overcome that addiction. Not every treatment is right for every person suffering from an addiction. However, there are many that have been successful in helping addicts get into recovery and stay clean and sober.
- Detox Programs: The first step to overcoming an addiction to drugs or alcohol is to go through detox. Attending a medical detox Houston program is a great idea. You will get medical supervision to help you through the withdrawal symptoms. They will keep you as comfortable as possible through the detox process. The detox programs are available at many rehab centers in Houston.
- 12 Steps Program: These programs have been helpful for millions of addicts around the world. With so many people having an addiction in Houston, TX, there are plenty of 12 Step programs available to give them the help they need. Following a 12 Step program is one way to stay on track, focused, and committed. The alcoholics anonymous Houston and narcotics anonymous Houston both follow the 12 Steps.
- Non 12 Step Programs: 12 Step programs are not right for everyone. Some people become extremely frustrated with these types of programs. The non 12 Step programs still focus on helping people live a clean, sober, and recovering lifestyle. By using therapies that are evidence-based, addicts can overcome their addiction. Therapies such as cognitive behavioral therapy, TMS therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, group therapy, individual therapy, neurofeedback, and other non 12 step programs have helped addicts live a clean and sober lifestyle.
- Dual Diagnosis Programs: There are also dual diagnosis programs that help people detox and get into recovery. In these programs, the addict will receive help and treatment to overcome their addiction, along with a mental health disorder. They may struggle with an anxiety disorder, stress disorder, PTSD, depression, schizophrenia, or another mental health disorder, in addition to their addiction. There are many Houston rehabilitation centers that offer dual diagnosis programs.
- Luxury Rehab: This is another option for someone looking to overcome an addiction. Luxury rehab generally has more amenities than other rehab centers. You might have massage therapy, yoga, on-site chefs, and additional services. As the name suggests, you will be staying in a more luxurious rehab with this type of program.
- Faith Rehab: If your drug abuse has led you away from your faith, you may wish to go back to being more spiritually aware during your recovery from addiction. This is where a Faith drug rehab can be helpful.
There are many types of treatment that could help you overcome a drug or alcohol addiction, You could stay in a dual diagnosis rehab in Houston. There are alcohol treatment centers Houston. You could stay in a drug rehab in Houston. Find out which one would best fit your recovery needs and make the call today.
Paying For Rehab In The Houston, TX Area
Most people who are thinking about attending Houston drug rehab centers or alcohol rehab Houston want to know how they are going to pay for the treatment. There are many ways someone might pay for alcohol or drug rehab centers in Houston. Some of the options might include the following:
- Private medical insurance
- Employment insurance
- Loan from family or friends
- Personal savings
- Government help
- Addiction recovery program help
- Payment plans
There are many options for paying for Houston drug rehab or alcohol rehab. When you call into the rehab in Houston, ask what the options are at their facility. Each individual Houston rehab may have different payment options available.
Types of Insurances To Use For Rehab Facilities Houston
If you are planning to attend Houston rehab facilities to overcome a drug or alcohol addiction, you might cover the cost through state insurance. There are different types of insurance that may be accepted at a Houston treatment center.
You may want to talk to an insurance professional to ask more about the coverage you have.
Private Options When Paying For Alcohol Or Drug Rehab Houston
Paying for detox in Houston or for the recovery program itself may be one of the toughest things. However, this is typically not something that many have to worry about. Many of the rehab centers Houston do accept many insurance plans, state and private. You may also be able to get loans or addiction recovery organization payment help.
If you suffer from a drug or alcohol addiction, there are many drug and alcohol rehab resources to help you get your life back. You can attend aa meetings Houston, na meetings in Houston, detox in Houston, or substance abuse treatment Houston. Many people have overcome their addiction with the help of Houston aa meetings or narcotics anonymous Houston. Having the Houston aa meeting schedule can help.
Don’t keep suffering with an addiction.