Despite its beautiful and great exterior, the city of Denton fell victim to substance abuse and misuse. In fact, early this year, Little Elm Journal, a local news agency in Texas, reported that in 2017, more than $7 million worth of illicit drugs were seized by the Denton County police.
Commonly Abused Drugs in Denton, Texas
Though there were very few studies and reports that would discuss the most commonly abused drugs in Denton, Texas, you can formulate some hypotheses on the issue based on recent news. In August this year, Denton police arrested two people believed to have stolen freight shipments of prescription drugs and sold them to the public. According to police reports, the estimated value of these seized drugs was around $1.5 million.
Later that month, in another drug bust, again, Delton police were able to seize marijuana, methamphetamine, cocaine, crack, K2, and a few guns after they served and executed a search warrant at a house near Denton High School. In July of the same year, they also served an arrest warrant to a resident of Denton. Under the arrest warrant, they also seized 2 loaded pistols, fentanyl, marijuana, ecstasy, and cocaine.
With these types of drugs being seized by the police in huge quantities, you can imagine how vast these drugs’ circulation is.
Recent Statistics on Drug Use in Texas
- According to the Denton Chronicle, there were 59 prescriptions filled for opioids for every 100 people in Denton in 2016. That was a huge drop from 76 prescriptions for every 100 people in 2011.
- Then again, the same report also revealed that despite the decrease in the number of opioid prescriptions, the number of overdose deaths rose to 37 last year, from 25 in 2013.
- As highlighted in the report, there were 42,000 recorded deaths nationwide in 2016.
- In Denton alone, an average of 4.1 in every 100,000 died from an opioid overdose in 2016.
College Students Substance Abuse in Texas
In the 2016 report submitted by the 2016 Regional Needs Assessment, they mentioned that the college student population was concentrated in various cities in Texas, including Denton.
With such concentration, the body who made the report noted that there is also an equal need to address the substance abuse issue as the 2012 National Survey on Drug Use and Health: Summary of National Findings, investigated by the SAMHSA, noted that there is a very high risk for college students to binge drink on alcohol, compared to their non-enrolled peers.
To answer this need for support and guidance regarding substance abuse, the University of North Texas launched their own Substance Abuse Resource Center called UNT SARC. This resource center offers on-campus recovery resources, self-assessment resources, seminars, coaching sessions on dealing with substance abuse problems, and other related activities to help students deal with their substance abuse issues. Our closest facility is in Texas Address: 11128 TX-21, Bastrop, TX 78602
Our closest facility is in Texas
Address: 11128 TX-21, Bastrop, TX 78602
Types of Treatment for Substance Abuse in Denton, TX
There are various types of substance abuse treatment programs in Denton drug rehab centers, TX. A few of them are discussed briefly below:
- Inpatient Treatment in Drug Rehab Centers in Texas: This can either be long-term or short-term. The former type of inpatient treatment in Denton drug rehab can last as short as 30 days to 90, 120 days, or more. The latter kind, best for a less severe addiction, can last as short as 3 weeks to 6 weeks. The bases for determination of the duration of inpatient treatment in drug rehab Denton are the severity of addiction, the unique needs of the patient, and the patient’s preference.
- Dual Diagnosis Rehab: Patients suffering from a mental condition and addiction simultaneously are best treated in a dual diagnosis treatment facility. Treatments for both conditions are administered simultaneously to understand better the causes of his addiction.
- 12 Step Drug Rehab: This treatment program is ideal for patients who are comfortable with the teachings and principles of Alcoholics Anonymous (AA). Teachings and treatment methods in 12 step drug rehab are patterned after AA principles.
- Non-12 step rehab: For those who are not comfortable with the tenets of AA, they can opt for non-12-step treatment programs where the individual’s overall well-being is the main focus. Activities like massage, yoga, meditation, and art are made part of non-12-step treatment.
- Luxury Rehab in Texas: Luxury rehab offers a more luxurious experience to those admitting themselves into rehab. These types of centers offer better facilities and amenities compared to other types of rehab.
- Medical Detox: The main goal of detoxification is to flush out toxins and chemicals from the body to make the individual ready for treatment. Here, the patient might be prescribed medication to help them cope with the adverse effects of withdrawal from illicit substances.
- SMART Recovery Meetings: SMART Recovery is similar to the teachings of Alcoholics Anonymous. They differ in some basic ways.
Other types of aftercare treatment in rehab in Denton are the following:
- AA Denton (Alcoholics Anonymous Denton) – AA Meetings Denton
- Alcohol Treatment Centers Denton
- NA Denton (Narcotics Anonymous Denton) – NA Meetings in Denton
Paying for Alcohol and Detox in Texas
Regardless of your financial standing, help is available for your addiction. Here are the ways to pay for substance abuse treatment Denton:
- Pay by private funding in Denton Rehab: You can file for a third-party loan for payment of your addiction treatment. However, you have to make sure that you have a good credit standing. If the third-party loan is not applicable, you can pay by seeking loans from family members, loved ones, or friends for Denton rehab facilities.
- Pay using your private insurance coverage for Denton treatment center: You can ask Denton rehab centers to help you verify your insurance coverage. They will coordinate with your insurance firm to determine how much they will cover.
Seek financial assistance from government agencies and rehab center Denton: You can check out SAMHSA’s website to see whether or not you are qualified for their grant. If yes, you can use this grant as payment for your treatment.
Sunshine Behavioral Health strives to help people who are facing substance abuse, addiction, mental health disorders, or a combination of these conditions. It does this by providing compassionate care and evidence-based content that addresses health, treatment, and recovery.
Licensed medical professionals review material we publish on our site. The material is not a substitute for qualified medical diagnoses, treatment, or advice. It should not be used to replace the suggestions of your personal physician or other health care professionals.
Talk with one of our Treatment Specialists!
Call 24/7: 949-276-2886