Willow Springs Recovery - Austin, Texas
GET HONEST & ACCURATE QUOTE
Holistic Rehab in Frisco, Texas
Top rated addiction treatment located on 38 acres of quiet and calming scenery.
- Keep your phone and laptop
- Safe 24/7 monitored detox
- SMART options
- Dual diagnosis programs
- Long-term arrangements
- Thorough aftercare planning
- Located in Bastrop, Texas
- Out of state options in CA, CO and IL
Check your coverage and get informed on admission process! Call us at:555-555-5555*
*HIPPA Compliant and 100% confidential
MAXIMIZE YOUR PPO COVERAGE WITH OUR HELP
We will work with insurance to get you the best possible coverage and minimize expenses.
It’s unclear whether a person can have an addictive personality, but there are some common traits that people with substance use disorders tend to share. Anxiety, depression, risk-taking behaviors, and impulsivity are some of the hallmarks of addiction. Those behaviors can result from drug and alcohol abuse or fuel it (as a form of self-medication). Trauma, anxiety, and depression also are potential triggers and contributors.
When a person becomes addicted to a substance, they want and feel they need more of it. (And the feels are maddeningly intense.) They’ll use even if it causes upheaval in their life. They’ll experience awful withdrawal when they try and quit. Once a substance use disorder has set in, it might make expert medical rehab a necessity.
Addiction treatment tends to serve a few purposes. Ultimately the goal is to get a person sober, but once they detox, the focus shifts to helping them understand the root causes of their addiction and helping them better manage potential triggers like anxiety and stress.
That’s where holistic addiction rehabs in Frisco, TX, may be able to help. Not only can they get a person sober, but they can help them discover underlying causes and find healthier coping mechanisms.
Addiction Rehab in Frisco, TX
It’s becoming increasingly popular to pair Western medical practices with holistic approaches like yoga, meditation, and acupuncture. Holistic addiction treatment centers in Frisco, TX, can help on both fronts.
Addiction is a complex condition that changes the brain and how a person experiences pleasure and rewards, how they handle stress, or how they make decisions and handle impulsive urges.
Many Texans struggle with mental disorders and/or substance abuse. For example, one 2021 survey found one-third (34.2%) of Texas adults had an anxiety and/or a depressive disorder. That’s slightly higher than the U.S. total of 31.6%.
A lot of Texans need or want mental health care. In 2021, only about one-third (32.9%) said they were getting the treatment they needed. Mental disorders and substance abuse disorders are common companions. Some addiction rehab providers estimate that two out of every three patients they treat has some form of mental illness.
Because addiction affects a person’s brain, it can be more challenging to treat. If a person has a condition like anxiety or depression, they might take drugs or drink as a form of self-medication. (When both addiction and a mental disorder co-occur, that’s a dual diagnosis.)
Many addiction treatment programs are usually equipped to help both types of disorders. The first priority, however, will be detoxification.
Holistic Drug Detox in Frisco, TX
Holistic inpatient addiction rehab in Frisco, TX, typically begins with detox, where the drugs or alcohol a patient has been taking exit their system. The process can be uncomfortable — not to mention dangerous — once cravings and withdrawal symptoms like nausea, vomiting, agitation, headaches, and more begin to set in. Many people relapse (risking overdose) when cravings get too intense. Medical supervision keeps the patient both safe and comfortable.
Holistic options like meditation, acupuncture, and massage also can help relax and calm the patient as they go through withdrawal.
Once a patient is free of substances (which can take several hours or more than a week), they’ll enter into treatment. That’s where they’ll dive into the nuts and bolts of their addiction, understanding what may have contributed to it and learning how to achieve and sustain sobriety.
Holistic Inpatient Addiction Treatment in Frisco, TX
Following detox, patients will enter into a treatment schedule. It usually will include:
- Individual psychotherapies. Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) is a gold standard in addiction treatment. Therapists work with patients to help them spot problematic thought patterns and respond to them differently. Other therapies sometimes are used, too, and vary clinic by clinic, but CBT has an excellent track record.
- Group therapies. Many rehab centers have regular group therapy meetings, sometimes 12-steps like Alcoholics Anonymous or non-12-steps like SMART Recovery. Patients meet others facing similar struggles and can gain strength and inspiration from peers.
- Activities. Rehab is hard work, so some downtime can be restorative. Centers usually have activities and outings planned for patients. Some facilities have pools, basketball courts, volleyball courts, hot tubs, fitness centers, meditation rooms, walking areas, firepits, and more. Some activities can double as therapies, too — including equine therapy, art therapy, music therapy, yoga, and more.
- Aftercare. As the patient nears the end of their stay, their caseworker will help them to develop a plan for life after rehab. The goal is to remain focused on recovery. Support groups, counseling, check-ins with the rehab, and alumni groups are some components that can make up an aftercare plan.
Holistic addiction treatment centers in Frisco, TX, know how profoundly substance abuse affects patients’ minds and bodies. Using therapies to help heal the mind, body, and spirit make it easier for patients to handle stress, manage triggers, and practice better self-control. The goal is for this combination of approaches to help ready a person for a drug- and alcohol-free life and avoid relapse.
While holistic options may be new to some, the practice predates Western medicine, particularly in places like China and India. It’s also been gaining popularity in recent years. In the U.S. alone, more than one in three use alternative medicine. Examples include:
- Herbal remedies, natural supplements
- Yoga, tai chi
- Massage therapy
Holistic medicine may not appeal to all, but some find yoga helps them gain strength, flexibility, and focus. Massage can help with tension or aches and pains. Meditation can help a person work through stress or cravings. These can be useful tools during detox but also long beyond.
Holistic addiction treatment in Frisco, TX, may be able to help patients find lasting sobriety.
- mayoclinichealthsystem.org – Do you have addictive personality traits?
- sunshinebehavioralhealth.com – Holistic Treatment for Drug & Alcohol Addiction
- kff.org – Mental Health in Texas
- mmhpi.org – Texas Substance Use Disorder Landscape – March 2018 (download)
- sunshinebehavioralhealth.com – Texas Rehab Centers & Addiction Treatment
- sunshinebehavioralhealth.com – Sunshine Behavioral Health Alumni Group
- usnews.com – What Is Alternative Medicine?
Sunshine Behavioral Health strives to help people who are facing substance abuse, addiction, mental health disorders, or a combination of these conditions. It does this by providing compassionate care and evidence-based content that addresses health, treatment, and recovery.
Licensed medical professionals review material we publish on our site. The material is not a substitute for qualified medical diagnoses, treatment, or advice. It should not be used to replace the suggestions of your personal physician or other health care professionals.