Irving is a large city in the state of Texas in Dallas County. It is also part of the city of Dallas itself and is actually considered to be a key suburb. The city’s mean population hovered close to the quarter million mark as of 2019 when it was one the 15 most populated cities in Texas. Irving is also part of the greater Dallas Fort Worth metroplex region.
Because of its close proximity to the Mexican border region, Irving is both a destination as well as a stepping stone for illicit drugs making their way across the border. Many controlled substances are easily available in the city of Irving city as well as Dallas County. Different kinds of narcotic substances flow freely across the border region. Unfortunately, this state of affairs has increased rather than decreased in recent years, which means that there is a greater need for Irving treatment centers that have been specially constructed to help people recover from their addiction-related problems.
Heroin-related deaths in Irving as well as the state of Texas include:
- 371 heroin overdose deaths took place in the state of Texas in 2012. Factoring in the figures from 13 years back, that’s an increase of almost 350 percent, since 111 heroin-related deaths occurred in 1999
- 41 heroin-related fatalities occurred in the main city Houston in 2013, according to the Texas Department of State Health Services
- While heroin causes more drug-related deaths overall, in the African American community, cocaine is the leading cause of overdoses.
However, due to the fact that Irving is an economic powerhouse of North Texas and the purchasing power of the people there is formidable, many residents in this town have struggled with addiction and they require medical detox Irving.
The sheer volume of both controlled and completely banned substances that are easily available in the city of Irving TX has led to the steady proliferation of rehab centers in Irving and surrounding areas in order to provide crucial needs. Many of these suffering clients may need treatment at rehabilitation facilities Irving TX, on a high-priority basis.
Apart from heroin, the city of Irving, TX also contains controlled substances, such as MDMA, LSD, fentanyl, ecstasy, and various other narcotics and hallucinogens. Such drugs and associated paraphernalia are sometimes hidden in the upscale homes of dealers who live in neighborhoods in Irving TX and are posing as model citizens.
An overview of various drug overdose-related deaths in Texas
The easy availability of lethal substances coupled with a relatively wealthy, bored, and troubled populace has led to people overdosing on different illicit drugs and experiencing other problems because they weren’t able to reach drug rehab centers in Irving in time. Recently, the overdose (OD) fatality rate has been increasing in Texas. Vast numbers of deaths that occur due to drug overdoses could have been prevented if people had opted for treatment at Irving drug rehab centers.
In the last few years alone, Texas has experienced an approximately 7.4 percent increase in deaths related to drug overdoses (ODs). While deaths related to opium and morphine addictions have gone down, these decreases have been overshadowed by the steadily increasing number of heroin overdoses, in not just Irving alone, but also many other major urban population centers of Texas.
These statistics show that the need for drug rehab in Irving remains. Overdose-related fatalities are increasing at a very high rate all over the state.
Such statistics about fatalities correlates with the fact that more than 10.1 percent of the U.S. population from the age 12 and above has tried at least some sort of controlled substance. Detox centers in Irving, rehabs in Denton, and San Antonio rehabs are needed to combat the problem. Rehabs in Grand Prairie are another great option for those struggling with addiction.
Alcohol and other substance abuse in the state of Texas:
Narcotics and alcohol abuse statistics from the state of Texas indicate that:
- At least 2.2% of the state’s populace faces drug addiction on an almost daily basis.
- Less than 5% of the people addicted to drugs have sought assistance for their problems.
- About 6.4 % of people addicted to alcohol are seeking help from Narcotics Anonymous Irving.
The importance of drug rehab centers Irving
This means is that many are not considering drug rehab Irving assistance or extensive Irving drug rehab and treatment.
But alcohol and drug rehab facilities Irving and other areas exist and can help. When considering non 12-step rehab in Irving and other options, many people worry about withdrawal symptoms if they opt for detox in Irving, TX. Their loved ones may also be concerned about various processes and procedures, not to mention the potentially high cost of rehab centers Irving TX.
However, that does not mean that people with drug or alcohol problems can’t utilize Irving rehab facilities or the myriad of different services such treatment centers in Irving can offer.
Drug rehab Irving provides options. While there are facilities that offer luxury rehab in Irving, there are also Irving rehabilitation centers and facilities that are more affordable. Such drug rehab centers Irving, along with their alcohol treatment centers Irving counterparts, offer value for money regarding substance abuse treatment Irving.
Alcohol addiction in the city of Irving TX
Both adults and adolescents in Irving sometimes use alcohol as a means of adding a bit of excitement in their lives. But drinking can lead to alcohol abuse or addiction, as indicated by the number of people who attend AA meetings Irving TX. (AA is an abbreviation for Alcoholics Anonymous.)
Alcohol treatment in Irving TX is available. If a person also has a mental illnesses, they have a condition known as dual diagnosis, there is also the option of dual diagnosis rehab in Irving. For post Irving rehab treatment and support, joining Narcotics Anonymous Irving (NA) can help people in their long-term recovery. In addition, alcohol treatment centers Irving. Irving drug rehab, AA Irving and NA Irving, can provide services that don’t judge or discriminate people.
At the same time, juvenile and youth populations might be using drugs and alcohol because of the perceived glamour associated with such them. These populations also require substance abuse treatment Irving. In fact, there are several ways to to help people recover, while rehabilitation facilities in Irving also work to reduce post-rehab issues.
People should consider going online to look for the Irving AA meeting schedule as well as other information. Talk to a Intake Coordinator
Take The First Step Towards Recovery
Talk to a Intake Coordinator
Substance abuse in educational facilities in Irving TX
Alcohol and hashish are widely responsible for many substance-related problems on college and school campuses. Many such students also require medical detox Irving as well as the services of Irving rehabilitation centers. People attending college should receive the assistance they need to recover and to handle the tough, ever-changing environment college can bring. That is why institutions such as the University of Dallas and North Lake College offer counseling and referral services for mental health and substance abuse.
Types of treatment for substance abuse in Irving, TX
There are various types of substance abuse treatment programs and drug rehab centers, TX, including drug rehab Irving Co. A few options include:
- Inpatient treatment in drug rehab centers in Texas: This can either be long-term or short-term. The former type of inpatient treatment in Irving drug rehab can last as short as 30 days to as long as 90 days, 120 days, or more. The latter kind, best for a less severe addiction, can last as short as three weeks to six weeks. The bases for determination of the duration of inpatient treatment in drug rehab Irving are the severity of addiction, the unique needs of the client, and the client’s preference.
- Dual diagnosis rehab: Clients who are suffering from a mental illness and from addiction simultaneously are best treated in a dual diagnosis treatment program or facility. Treatments for both conditions are administered simultaneously to understand better the causes of his addiction.
- 12-step drug rehab: This treatment program could work for clients who are comfortable with the teachings and principles of Alcoholics Anonymous (AA). Teachings and treatment methods in 12-step drug rehab are patterned after AA principles.
- Non 12-step rehab: For those who are not comfortable with the tenets of AA, they can opt for non-12-step treatment programs that emphasize evidence-based practices. Activities such as massage, yoga, meditation, and art may be part of non-12-step treatment.
- Luxury rehab in Texas: Luxury rehab offers a more luxurious experience for those who are attending rehab. These types of centers offer better facilities and amenities compared to other types of rehab.
- Medical detox: The main goal of detoxification (detox) is to flush out toxins and chemicals from the body to make the individual ready for treatment. Here, doctors might prescribe medications to help clients cope with the adverse effects of withdrawal from illicit substances.
- SMART Recovery meetings: Self-Management and Recovery Training (SMART Recovery Meetings in Irving) can help people recover from alcohol or drug problems by empowering them. Drug rehab Irving programs might utilize SMART Recovery meetings to assist former drug and alcohol users in understanding their substance abuse and addiction and help them take steps to end their problems.
Other types of aftercare treatment in rehab in Irving are the following:
- AA Irving (Alcoholics Anonymous ) – AA meetings Irving provide support for people who have had problems with alcohol.
- Alcohol treatment centers Irving may prescribe medications to reduce their clients’ cravings and chances of relapses.
- NA Irving (Narcotics Anonymous) – NA meetings in Irving could be held inside or outside Irving drug rehab centers.
Paying for drug rehab Irving
The cost of drug rehab Irving can initially make treatment a difficult decision to make. High prices can cause some struggling with addiction to give up hope on recovery.
But there are options for paying for Irving rehabilitation centers. One way is to work with your family and friends and ask for loans or gifts to cover the cost. Other people might use private or employer-provided health insurance plans to pay for rehab. Still others find rehab centers who offer payment plans, government assistance plans, or savings that could be used to cover costs.
Whatever your route, know that help is just a phone call away and that you can find yourself on the road to a sober life. If you think that traveling to Texas then give us a call and find out more about Willow Springs Recovery, our addiction treatment facilities in Texas.
Sunshine Behavioral Health strives to help people who are facing substance abuse, addiction, mental health disorders, or a combination of these conditions. It does this by providing compassionate care and evidence-based content that addresses health, treatment, and recovery.
Licensed medical professionals review material we publish on our site. The material is not a substitute for qualified medical diagnoses, treatment, or advice. It should not be used to replace the suggestions of your personal physician or other health care professionals.