Willow Springs Recovery - Austin, Texas
GET HONEST & ACCURATE QUOTE
Dual Diagnosis Treatment in Laredo, Texas
Top rated addiction treatment located on 38 acres of quiet and calming scenery.
- Keep your phone and laptop
- Safe 24/7 monitored detox
- SMART options
- Dual diagnosis programs
- Long-term arrangements
- Thorough aftercare planning
- Located in Bastrop, Texas
- Out of state options in CA, CO and IL
Check your coverage and get informed on admission process! Call us at:555-555-5555*
*HIPPA Compliant and 100% confidential
MAXIMIZE YOUR PPO COVERAGE WITH OUR HELP
We will work with insurance to get you the best possible coverage and minimize expenses.
Substance abuse and addiction often co-occur with mental illness. If a person has both conditions, that’s referred to as a dual diagnosis, co-occurring condition, or a comorbidity. It’s best to treat both (or more) conditions for the best possible outcomes. That’s because sometimes a person will resort to drugs or alcohol to self-medicate mental disorders in an effort to feel better. Sometimes mental health issues can develop from substance abuse, too. Each case is unique.
Laredo, Texas, is the seat of Webb County. A county assessment found that the area is underserved medically; that includes mental health and substance abuse treatment options. One-third of the population, in fact, is uninsured.
Out of Texas’s 27 million population, 1 million adults and 500,000 children have some form of mental illness. That can include major depression, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and many other disorders.
More than 1.6 million adults and over 181,000 children statewide have substance use issues.
Nationwide, one in five American adults lives with mental illness. Half of all chronic mental illness starts by age 14, and three-quarters experience it by age 24. Approximately 10.2 million adults have co-occurring disorders. Ninety percent of suicides also suffered from mental illness.
Dual diagnosis treatment centers in Laredo, TX, can help treat such conditions.
What kind of conditions does a dual diagnosis treatment facility in Laredo, TX treat?
Facilities that treat mental illness and drug abuse in Laredo, TX, often address substance abuse and addiction to alcohol and different types of drugs (both legal and abused as well as illicit). Some of the psychological issues centers and clinics address may include:
- General anxiety disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Thoughts of, plans, and attempts at suicide
Dual diagnosis treatment centers in Laredo, TX, understand that treating these conditions – as well as addictions – is vital. Left untreated, one condition could make the other worse.
Why is therapy an important part of dual diagnosis treatment in Laredo, TX?
Many mental health and addiction treatment centers in Laredo, TX, will incorporate therapy (or therapies) of some sort. This helps patients better understand their problems and get better as a result.
There are many possible kinds of therapy linked with mental health and addiction treatment in Laredo, TX. They may include:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). This helps people identify and understand unhealthy thinking patterns and behaviors as well as develop healthier coping mechanisms.
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT). A subset of CBT which teaches people how they can reconcile ideas that seem contrary – like acceptance and change – to one another.
- Contingency management (CM). This gives rewards for achieving certain goals. A negative drug test, for example, might merit a small gift card.
- Group therapy and family therapy. This allows people to gather and address problems as a group.
No matter the therapeutic practices they use, dual diagnosis treatment programs in Laredo, TX, can help their clients acknowledge and discuss their problems to recover from them.
- census.gov – Quick Facts: Laredo, Texas
- texasstandard.org – In Laredo, It’s Seven Flags Over Texas
- sunshinebehavioralhealth.com – Learn About What Dual Diagnosis Treatment Programs Offer
- webbcountytx.gov – Community Needs Assessment
- nami.org – Mental Health Facts in America
- nimh.nih.gov – Bipolar Disorder
- apa.org – What is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?
- sunshinebehavioralhealth.com – Texas Rehab Centers & Addiction Treatment
Sunshine Behavioral Health strives to help people who are facing substance abuse, addiction, mental health disorders, or a combination of these conditions. It does this by providing compassionate care and evidence-based content that addresses health, treatment, and recovery.
Licensed medical professionals review material we publish on our site. The material is not a substitute for qualified medical diagnoses, treatment, or advice. It should not be used to replace the suggestions of your personal physician or other health care professionals.